Bengals vs Colts Game thread

Kazkal

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop...with the 1st down runs o_O

Yeah. I mean, running is great against the #32 run D, but when they absolutely KNOW it's coming and are run blitzing 2 LBs and a S, I mean come on.

2 words...play-action.....on 1st down, because you always run on 1st down, they'll bite

I don't know why they're not, unless they're afraid it might take too long to execute and Palmer's getting hit enough as it is.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster...

Can I ask, how do you stop the short underneath stuff normally? Do the linebackers not drop back? Do you play man-to-man? I don't know enough to know what exactly we're not doing here...

You play man to man on the outside and play the LB's underneath in the box with the Safeties playing the back halves not letting anyone get deep behind them

Can I ask, how do you stop the short underneath stuff normally? Do the linebackers not drop back? Do you play man-to-man? I don't know enough to know what exactly we're not doing here...

Welcome. :cheers:

All I know is that normally you try to cover receivers, and they just ignored Manning's dump off guy. Clearly they felt they had to stop the run and the long pass, but that left them vulnerable close in, and Manning's not stupid.

Welcome. :cheers:

All I know is that normally you try to cover receivers, and they just ignored Manning's dump off guy. Clearly they felt they had to stop the run and the long pass, but that left them vulnerable close in, and Manning's not stupid.

The Bengals CB are giving a lot of cushion, and then when they don't give cushion they get beat off the line. Peyton makes the throws. It's not so much what they are doing, it's how they are executing and the Bengals are not adjusting.

I can go on all night about the offense and their piss poor gameplan.

You play man to man on the outside and play the LB's underneath in the box with the Safeties playing the back halves not letting anyone get deep behind them

Not sure how well it plays now, but Belickick had his LBs rape anybody within about 8 yards of the line of scrimmage and didn't get called for it. You have to play physical on teams that play like this.

Not sure how well it plays now, but Belickick had his LBs rape anybody within about 8 yards of the line of scrimmage and didn't get called for it. You have to play physical on teams that play like this.

That is just it, they stay in the box and hold up any recievers that come in their area. The only flaw with playing man 2 man with the Safeties playing the back halves and the LB underneath, is that Marvin and Chuck don't have faith that the Bengals CB's can cover Harrison and Wayne man 2 man.

And then, what's the reason we haven't done that? Have the LB's bitten on the play-action fake? Are the corners not good enough, and they need help from the LB's? We haven't been beaten deep (well, maybe once)...

And thanks for the welcome, HoosierCat! I guess your answer to this is, they just aren't executing...

And then, what's the reason we haven't done that? Have the LB's bitten on the play-action fake? Are the corners not good enough, and they need help from the LB's? We haven't been beaten deep (well, maybe once)...

And thanks for the welcome, HoosierCat! I guess your answer to this is, they just aren't executing...

I think it's a combination. The LB's are dropping deep. The CB's are trailing receivers and are not in position ot make plays underneath. I don't think James/O'Neal are good enough to play press coverage, they are too soft.

Well on some of the plays earlier you could see the LB bite on the play action fake and actually turn their back to the line of scrimmage and run backwards which left it wide open for hook patterns by the RB down the field.

The main reason the Bengals haven't gone with that gameplan is they don't have faith in their CB's to cover Harrison and Wayne Man 2 Man