Next week, Do we want a Balt loss...

WhoDey93285

With a KC win, they'd be a game ahead of us in the wildcard, loss and we jump ahead of them because we have head to head. But with a Ravens loss, we'd be 1 game back in the division with 3 games left to play. Which one do we want more? :wacko:

I'm still drinking the kool-aid that brings us all of the following this weekend:

Bengals win (check)

Chiefs loss

Jets loss

Broncos loss

Jaguars loss

In the words of Elaine Bennis, I'm expecting ... check, check, ... check, check.

Come Tuesday, I'll start thinking about the next week and decide how I feel about the Ravens/Chiefs matchup.

Neither of these teams have highly ranked offenses, and both of the defenses are playing really well. There is always the possibility for a tie. That's the closest we can hope for if we want both teams to lose. The problem is that it's also the closest to both teams getting a win. That scenario would be like kissing your sister. It wouldn't help us out very much.

I'm still drinking the kool-aid that brings us all of the following this weekend:

Bengals win (check)

Chiefs loss

Jets loss

Broncos loss

Jaguars loss

In the words of Elaine Bennis, I'm expecting ... check, check, ... check, check.

Come Tuesday, I'll start thinking about the next week and decide how I feel about the Ravens/Chiefs matchup.

Hey duus, You know what the best part about BAL @ KC..........

Somebody's gotta lose!!!!!

I want KC to lose to Cleveland, if they do lose to Cleveland, I'll root for them over Baltimore the week after.

That's actually kind of dumb. If KC loses to Cleveland, it would be a gift that may very put us over the top in the Wild Card race if they then lose to Baltimore as well. If they go on to beat Baltimore after losing to Cleveland, we're right back where we started, still a VERY long shot to win the division, and our WC chances are now diminished as well.

You can't play both sides on this or else you'll come up short in both races.

I want KC to lose to Cleveland, if they do lose to Cleveland, I'll root for them over Baltimore the week after.

That's actually kind of dumb. If KC loses to Cleveland, it would be a gift that may very put us over the top in the Wild Card race if they then lose to Baltimore as well. If they go on to beat Baltimore after losing to Cleveland, we're right back where we started, still a VERY long shot to win the division, and our WC chances are now diminished as well.

You can't play both sides on this or else you'll come up short in both races.

Assuming the Bengals beat the Raiders, they and the Chiefs would have the same 8-5 record if the games go as bengalsrz hopes. We'd get the tiebreaker due to the head to head win, and both teams have pretty tough schedules to go. I agree with 'em.

I want a Baltimore loss.

I believe the Bengals will handle the Raiders without issue, which takes them to 8-5

A Chiefs win vs Baltimore only keeps them in pace with us at (in this scenario) 8-5, and we own the tiebreaker against them

A Raven's loss drops them to 9-4, and we'd be a mere one game back for the division, with a slim but finite chance to take it from them

I want a Baltimore loss.

I believe the Bengals will handle the Raiders without issue, which takes them to 8-5

A Chiefs win vs Baltimore only keeps them in pace with us at (in this scenario) 8-5, and we own the tiebreaker against them

A Raven's loss drops them to 9-4, and we'd be a mere one game back for the division, with a slim but finite chance to take it from them

Yeah, bottom line is that Cleveland handed us a scenario by which we can be fairly satisfied with the KC/Balt game next week, regardless of who wins. Uh ... assuming we beat Oakland, of course.

I don't even think it's going to be a decision that will much matter if we don't keep knocking them down. We've still got Denver and Indy coming up, and not to mention the cheaters coming to town Dec 31st. It's not going to be easy folks.

I still want a Baltimore loss. It's a no-brainer with us going to face Oakland. Now that KC lost to Cleveland they will definitely want to beat Baltimore. If KC wins, we'll be one game back on the division. I think? I want the Division title again. We deserve that more than Baltimore. It's like TJ said "WE're a better team than Baltimore."

Yeah the Clowns win changes this game for me. The Chiefs still got the Ratbirds, Bolts, Raiders at Oakland and Jax. They should get beat by at least 1 of the 3 other teams and probably 2.

Still a longshot for the Bengals to get the North even if they finish with the same record as Balti.

But.....Go Chiefs. :rolleyes:

The chiefs win will also help our Wildcard spot as well. As long as we beat Oakland.

Yeah the Clowns win changes this game for me. The Chiefs still got the Ratbirds, Bolts, Raiders at Oakland and Jax. They should get beat by at least 1 of the 3 other teams and probably 2.

Still a longshot for the Bengals to get the North even if they finish with the same record as Balti.

But.....Go Chiefs. :rolleyes:

The chiefs win will also help our Wildcard spot as well. As long as we beat Oakland.

Absolutely, Chiefs Win over Ravens!

Come on, KC!

:ravesux:

I'm rooting for Baltimore.

The only way the Bengals have a shot at taking the division is if Balt loses to both KC and Pittsburgh and if the Bengals win all four remaining games. That would make both teams 11-5 and the Bengals would own the division tiebreaker. Too many ifs for me.

Let's just get rid of KC from the conversation by having them lose to BALT and SD over the next two weeks.

I'm rooting for Baltimore.

The only way the Bengals have a shot at taking the division is if Balt loses to both KC and Pittsburgh and if the Bengals win all four remaining games. That would make both teams 11-5 and the Bengals would own the division tiebreaker. Too many ifs for me.

Let's just get rid of KC from the conversation by having them lose to BALT and SD over the next two weeks.

Exactly. My feeling as well. Yet, that said, there are positives to this Balt/KC game, regardless of the outcome. Man, the Bengals BETTER take care of business against the Raiders this week. To me, that is all that matters right now ... the Bengals next opponent.

Well the Bengals' can afford to lose a game if KC and Denver lose again next Sunday (very possible), and/or the Bengals' beat Denver, if the Bengals' win their other games of course.

Yeah, agreed. My bet is that we enter the final 3 weeks with the following:

Bengals 8-5 ... Oakland, in Cincy, need it.

Jets 8-5 ... Buffalo?, they'll win it.

Chiefs 8-5 ... in KC, coming off a tough loss, they'll win it.

Denver 7-6 ... in SD?, not happenin'

Jacksonville 7-6 ... against the Colts coming off a loss?, no way.

And, of course, then that means the Ravens will be leading the North by a single game at 9-4.