Site Upgrade/New Logo

B24

I'm going to be upgrading the forums to the latest version of the software. During the update the site will be down. Not sure how long it will take. Once it is finished, the forums will most likely be a default blue theme. That's temporary. I'll be working on a new theme for the forums soon after the update. 

We will also be getting a new logo. I'm running a contest for it. The contest is located at http://99d.me/e/p2di If you all would take a look and let me know your favorites, it would be greatly appreciated. Also any feedback on the designs for ones you might like but can be improved would also be appreciated. Thanks so much everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey B24,

I know this is offtopic but youre a hard guy to reach :-) 

so since you just posted I just want to thank you for the years of enjoyment I have had on these forums

Its been a pleasant part of my life since 2003....yep, twenty years now :-)

One suggestion: set up a BengalsZoneForums twitter account where updates can be shared on the state of the site when there is occasional downtime and such, like with this announcement

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I find the home opener block in the pages to be more cumbersome than anything. Not like it takes much to simply scroll down, but I’d rather see content

Not sure about the desktop version, but the mobile version has a button, second from the right, at the very top of the site where you can turn off the home opener block. 

I always clicked the little star thing to the left of the topic to go to the oldest unread post in a thread.

How do you get rid of the thing of the right when you are in a thread that has "Replies", "Created" and "Last Reply" ??
I don't see it when in this thread, but all the others have it and it takes up a bunch of space needlessly.
I've tried all the buttons from the customizer toggle at the top.

So I just realized the toggle button gives different options from being on your mobile device and your desktop/laptop.

On the mobile device, the toggle button displays options for:
Mobile Navigation Bar
Larger Font Size for Posts
Show Countdown

On the desktop, the toggle button displays options for:
Larger Font Size for Posts
Sticky Author Panel
Sticky Sidebar
Flip Sidebar
Show Countdown

When I click on the Flip Sidebar, that stupid sidebar goes from the right side to the left side. When clicking the Sticky Sidebar, it should be stuck to the top, which while I would rather not see it at all, should allow for better viewing especially with longer posts being read or added by posters.  However, when I click that, the site does nothing.  The sidebar remains where it is.  It's not like it's something to keep me from the boards, but I don't like the reduced view when reading the posts.

• B24 unpinned and unfeatured this topic