Bubble? BUBBLE?

membengal

Perhaps! Sounds like the ball is in motion. You all know I have NEVER cared about this, BUT, it will be nice when they get one so I don't have to hear anyone here bitch about it ever again.

The link to the exchange on it:

https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonATH/status/1509197162248290319?s=20&t=1DR-B8SvyNQL51F6jFiBQQ

I don't really care personally. 
Do I think a professional football team in a cold weather city should have one ??  Yes.

Honestly it surprises me they haven't done a bubble at this point from a money making standpoint alone.
The practice field sits right next to the stadium and can be looked down upon from the roads and walkways.
Sounds like a great advertisement opportunity for some company who would like their name blazoned across the roof for all to see.

Pretty sure naming rights would more than help with whatever the cost involved was. 

18 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

It doesn't! 

Don’t really care.  It’s one the most overblown Bengal fan topics. 

Now if they build a facility that could help with the indoor turf field shortage in the region that might be worthy of my concern.   There is such a need for lacrosse/soccer indoor practice facilities. 

The Bengals want something temporary in place as early as this year - and have asked city for permits to go forward:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2022/04/08/bengals-seek-ok-interim-indoor-training-on-ohio-riverfront/9511879002/

The Cincinnati Bengals are planning to build an interim indoor training facility and will go before city planning officials next week for their approval.

The proposed bubble would be located south of Mehring Way between the Brent Spence and Clay Wade Bailey bridges. The site is southwest across Mehring Way from the Bengals' current outdoor facility. 

Katie Blackburn, the team's executive vice president, said on March 30 at the NFL's annual meetings that the team was "definitely looking" into plans to add an indoor facility soon. The plans were filed with the city on April 1.

The training dome would be built at the team's expense on property leased from Hamilton County with the goal of having it ready for the 2022 season. The dome would be removed from the site in case of flooding since the site is on the banks of the Ohio River, according to the filing with city planners.

• Like 1

Just saw a mock-up of the bubble.  One glaring weakness - it had the B on all four sides.  That B stands for For God’s Sakes Get A New Logo Before You Build The Bubble.  

Seriously, that B on that bubble is a no go.  Looked terrible.  

• Like 1

Twitter thread on the report out today on future costs of PBS:

https://twitter.com/marielcarbone/status/1518998714639081473?s=21&t=laaCdCjy4WtNnBvP6J3UKQ

Bottom line: maintenance and upgrades will cost approx $494 million over the next 20 years. (Versus a new facility which would cost up to $2 billion.)