Week 9: Browns @ Bengals

HoosierCat

8 minutes ago, Stripes said:

For a little irrelevant positivity (sorta):

Justin Herbert stank it up today for the second straight game. I am unfairly rooting against him for the sake of 2020 Draft bragging rights.

All I know is Burrow didn’t stink anything up today, if he puts 31 on a team, they better freaking win the game! This was one of the worst defense performances I have seen in awhile. Starts with that coach, that made no changes in the game, but I guess all the missed tackles didn’t help either. 

11 hours ago, Stripes said:

For a little irrelevant positivity (sorta):

Justin Herbert stank it up today for the second straight game. I am unfairly rooting against him for the sake of 2020 Draft bragging rights.

I thought I was the only one , lol…

10 hours ago, Stripes said:

Burrow was generally excellent. His one mistake was a critical one though, and it cost them today. It could have cost them in Baltimore too. He has got to clean that up.

Was it a mistake? Looked to me like a great play from the defensive end there?

11 hours ago, Stripes said:

Burrow was generally excellent. His one mistake was a critical one though, and it cost them today. It could have cost them in Baltimore too. He has got to clean that up.

What mistake?  The INT?  That wasn't on him the ball got batted at the LoS it sucks but Burrow was throwing to a wide open guy.  That INT was on the oline

30 minutes ago, Wraith said:

What mistake?  The INT?  That wasn't on him the ball got batted at the LoS it sucks but Burrow was throwing to a wide open guy.  That INT was on the oline

Yup. The line regressed badly yesterday, not just in protection but in the ability to get any push in the run game. That sequence on the first drive where they couldn’t get one yard was just pathetic.

I went back and watched the play quite a bit.
The DE certainly made an good play.  Could Burrow have seen that or pump faked? Possibly, but i'm watching from home.

When watching everything else with that specific play, that one could have been taken to the house.
Chase was the target and both Williams and Spain had made moves to neutralize the only two defensive players close to Chase.
I think my feelings heading into that drive were correct in that I thought they were going to score a TD and win.

Then that DE made the play he did.
That wasn't the sole reason they lost the game, but it contributed for sure and was at a key moment in the game.

From the Jets game: 

"Wilson and Pratt combined to allow over 200 yards in their coverage."

Better fix this issue, rotate in someone else on passing downs if you have to, despite Wilson's tackle #'s and early season INT's, the guy just isn't good in coverage from what I've seen, a real liability.  Maybe it's a coaching/plan thing, whatever it is, better fix it.