General AFC North thread

Stripes

I thought they would be improved from 2020 but with a much tougher schedule.   I was in the 6/7 win range.    In general I thought it was going to be a tough year for Zac with media/disgruntled fans because the improvement would not be reflected in the win/loss column due to tough schedule. 

If you look through 19 and 20 seasons there are just a bunch of 1 score losses. 

6 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

I thought they would be improved from 2020 but with a much tougher schedule.   I was in the 6/7 win range.    In general I thought it was going to be a tough year for Zac with media/disgruntled fans because the improvement would not be reflected in the win/loss column due to tough schedule. 

I've often wondered what the total percentage of all games won with a differential of one score is. Given how the oddsmakers tend to set things, I would imagine many or even most games end up being one score games, but that's just a gut feeling. So I went and did some digging. According to Sports Insights, 60.7% of all NFL games since the 2003 season ended with a differential of 8 points or less. I got curious about this because of how often I see fans (including myself) lament what could have been if just a couple of those 3 point games went the other way. (3 point differential was by far the likeliest point differential at more than 18% of all games!)

7 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Game of inches and all that. Change a half dozen plays last year and this isn’t Zac’s first winning season. Change a half dozen this season and they’re picking in the top five come April.

Re- AFC North.  On Sunday night Collinsworth and Michaels were blabbing on about how beloved Big Ben is not done yet!  His fans in Pittsburgh get to see him at least one more time!  

I have a question, where are all these nfl and Pitt fans who love Big Ben?  The Pitt fans I know basically can’t stand him and wish he were gone two years ago.  You should hear them bitch about his lack of arm strength.  Plus his character is well known.

He’s the furthest thing from some beloved fan favorite getting one last chance to thrill his fans.  

1 hour ago, COB said:

Re- AFC North.  On Sunday night Collinsworth and Michaels were blabbing on about how beloved Big Ben is not done yet!  His fans in Pittsburgh get to see him at least one more time!  

I have a question, where are all these nfl and Pitt fans who love Big Ben?  The Pitt fans I know basically can’t stand him and wish he were gone two years ago.  You should hear them bitch about his lack of arm strength.  Plus his character is well known.

He’s the furthest thing from some beloved fan favorite getting one last chance to thrill his fans.  

My brother in law is a die hard Steeler's fan and he has a love/hate relationship with Big Ben. He feels a lot this season like I have felt in seasons past when the Bengals backed into the playoffs; you love to see your team get there but you don't wanna just get embarrassed round one and sent home. He feels like they have no shot with Worthelisberger playing but it's not like they have any alternative either. He sure as hell isn't excited to see them going to the playoffs in the state they are in. He's about as thrilled as one gets when they get the $1.00 prize on a buck and a half lotto scratch off. 

5 hours ago, COB said:

Spoiled fan base that has a lot of bandwagon fans outside of Pitt.  They did the same stuff to Jerome Bettis. 

Hopefully they’ll find what’s it like to not have a franchise QB for 20 years

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Spoiled fan base that has a lot of bandwagon fans outside of Pitt.  They did the same stuff to Jerome Bettis. 

Hopefully they’ll find what’s it like to not have a franchise QB for 20 years

I can only hope, I despise the Steelers almost as much as Shitigan. 

10 minutes ago, Stripes said:

How's it going duus? I remember your news and radio reports from inside the hellhole.

Been a decade now, so you've shown your age, Stripes!

I'm gettin' older, but life is good, and all the better now that we get set to watch a post-season game for the good guys on Saturday. Can't wait!