General AFC North thread

Stripes

7 minutes ago, COB said:

What are they doing, just giving him the rest of the year off, paid?  They could have gotten something for him before the trade deadline.  Now I don't understand what they're doing.  Buyer beware with that dude.  

Reportedly there were trade talks with the Saints but no deal before the deadline passed.

I get it, you couldn’t get anything done.  But is he such a cancer that you don’t even want him on your team?  If he’s open all the time like his father/agent alleges, keep letting him run routes a throw it to him a few times.

Possibly the Browns are going to claim he violated a clause in his contract and refuse to pay him.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32624563/pittsburgh-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-placed-reserve-covid-19-list-sunday-vs-detroit-lions

Ben's on the COVID list. I would like to give the Lions something resembling a chance to knock them off tomorrow, though this one might be addition by subtraction for the Steelers.

1 hour ago, Stripes said:this one might be addition by subtraction for the Steelers.

That’s probably it.  Ben is pretty bad these days, the backup will outplay him but the narrative will be that the Steelers rallied around the 2nd stringer.

I’m rooting for the Lion every week, it would be triple sweet to see them knock off the quasi-criminal organization known as the Steelers.

13 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Still sitting here trying to figure out how they let 2 bad teams look like Super Bowl teams. It really makes no sense to me. 

I don't think Cleveland is a bad team. The NFL is rarely a league that makes a lot of sense. The variation possible between any two weeks is immense. I still believe this season can be a strong and memorable one, and weeks like this reinforce that. Sometimes you just get smacked around in American football. Tom Brady has looked like ass today in Washington.