Week 2: Bengals @ Bears Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Given that the guy they traded Price for had 2 sacks - I don't regret that deal. 

I don’t either. But they did it because they had faith in Hopkins and after week 1 that faith is being tested. It may eventually be vindicated. I hope very much it is. But if it isn’t, the next man up is a sixth  round pick from last spring.

3 hours ago, membengal said:

Biggest "meh' RB I've ever seen.  Needs to be sharing quarters/series with another Gio-type like Evans, not Perrine, and needs to carry the ball a lot less per game. 35 times is insane.  Take away his 2 "long" runs of 12 and 19 yards, and he's averaging 3.7 ypc on the day - out of 35 carries I am only taking away 2.

I mean he's a good NFL RB and deserves plenty of carries, it's not that, but the way they want to use him onw is stupid.  He doesn't change games with big plays enough, needs space to run, and will just get hurt again if they're going to be that ridiculous with his # of caries. I hope Taylor figures some of this shi% out. 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bears/ct-cb-chicago-bears-10-thoughts-los-angeles-rams-week-1-20210913-3hh2f2emqzgqhhqjg2lsoa2plm-story.html

It’s hard to call five snaps something Fields can really learn from, but he heads into another week of practice with an opportunity to improve.

“You get a feel about the atmosphere, and see how fast those guys are coming,” Fields said. “It’s different behind the O-line, and the D-line and stuff like that, so it’s different when you’re actually on the field rather than being on the sideline. You just kind of get that experience in there and just being out there and getting used to the speed and stuff.”

He’ll be the best Joe Burrow he can in practice starting Wednesday as the Bears prepare for the Cincinnati Bengals.

“When I’m doing scout offense stuff, I’d do probably do stuff that I wouldn’t necessarily try in the games,” Fields said. “So, it’s good seeing what I can and can’t do throwing-wise. I can definitely try some stuff that I wouldn’t try in a game right now. But, as I progress and get better, I’d definitely be more comfortable doing some of those things in the game.”

I can't access the article, but that's extracted from a Bears forum. Justin Fields will likely play the role of Joe Burrow for their scout team offense.

6 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Biggest "meh' RB I've ever seen.  Needs to be sharing quarters/series with another Gio-type like Evans, not Perrine, and needs to carry the ball a lot less per game. 35 times is insane.  Take away his 2 "long" runs of 12 and 19 yards, and he's averaging 3.7 ypc on the day - out of 35 carries I am only taking away 2.

I mean he's a good NFL RB and deserves plenty of carries, it's not that, but the way they want to use him onw is stupid.  He doesn't change games with big plays enough, needs space to run, and will just get hurt again if they're going to be that ridiculous with his # of caries. I hope Taylor figures some of this shi% out. 

that's a genuinely terrible take. Take out his good runs and he was bad? that's not how this fucking works. 

• Like 1

“Even Bengals work over Giants in trades.”

Hey fucking idiot, the Bengals massacre people in trades.  Ask the raiders or whoever we traded Palmer to.  Typical dumbass sportswriter, just assumes Bengals suck at everything but doesn’t really know jack shit about the nfl.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stripes said:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bears/ct-cb-chicago-bears-10-thoughts-los-angeles-rams-week-1-20210913-3hh2f2emqzgqhhqjg2lsoa2plm-story.html

I can't access the article, but that's extracted from a Bears forum. Justin Fields will likely play the role of Joe Burrow for their scout team offense.

Yeah they have him running the scout team in practice. It’s an all year long thing (or at least until the inevitable happens…)