2021 Final Roster Thread

HoosierCat

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/8/31/22650325/bengals-53-man-roster-nfl-cuts-2021-cincinnati

only 4 linebackers, I think they will be adding one. 

LB Markus Bailey is not on the list I got from CJ but is on Joisey's chart, so I dunno which is right

Wilcox is TE3.  This surprises me

OT Isaiah Price made the roster.  I am like - when has he ever done anything?  Big shocker for me.

I too hope Mike Daniels is brought back.

very very thin on the OL.  Need to add a vet

they kept a 6th corner....I think Waynes will go to IR tomorrow for a 3 weeks stint leaving the usual 5 on the roster

Stanley Morgan was kept due to ST reasons, so no surprise for me there

38 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Ooof.

I’m not sure if this is a big deal or not.  It’s going into year 4 and the top 3 picks have stuck and probably get offered a 2nd contract at some point.

They traded one of the draftees.  I wonder what the playoff team standard from that draft class is? 

53 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

I’m not sure if this is a big deal or not.  It’s going into year 4 and the top 3 picks have stuck and probably get offered a 2nd contract at some point.

They traded one of the draftees.  I wonder what the playoff team standard from that draft class is? 

Actually it’s going into year 3. So of 10 picks 7 played 2 or fewer years. That’s objectively bad IMO.

I’m not concerned with 3 left from the ‘19 class. There was a time when guys were just kept on the roster for the length of their rookie deal almost no matter what.  Did it with two underperforming centers.  New era - look what we just did with our underperforming center.  I like it.  

What I’m trying to say is Alexander was married to his draft picks.  It really was absurd.  Letting a 6th round rookie beat out a first rounder from 4 years ago is more like a meritocracy, which is what good teams are.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, COB said:

I’m not concerned with 3 left from the ‘19 class. There was a time when guys were just kept on the roster for the length of their rookie deal almost no matter what.  Did it with two underperforming centers.  New era - look what we just did with our underperforming center.  I like it.  

What I’m trying to say is Alexander was married to his draft picks.  It really was absurd.  Letting a 6th round rookie beat out a first rounder from 4 years ago is more like a meritocracy, which is what good teams are.

NODS

I completely agree that the rapidity which with they’ve moved on from bad decisions is a good thing. That doesn’t change the fact that they made lots of very bad decisions in the 2019 draft. 70% of the draft is gone after playing two or fewer years and the 30% remaining are two guys who are serviceable and one guy who might be above average, jury is still out. It was a bad draft.

For the record, I lay it at the feet of Tobin and the FO, not Zac & Co. since they were just arriving at the time.

• Like 1

I really liked what I saw out of (Trenton) Irwin in preseason.  Glad they kept him over Taylor.  Nice upside depth in the slot behind Boyd.  All that guy did was get open and catch everything this year (Irwin).   I have to imagine he led the team in receiving during preseason, but, haven't looked at the #'s yet.

Wouid like to see Patrick make the PS, and get more looks next season.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Actually it’s going into year 3. So of 10 picks 7 played 2 or fewer years. That’s objectively bad IMO.

Depends on the actual quality of the draft class.    The 4th round is the epic failure of that class for the Bengals but is there any indication of how that round is doing league wide?