Coaching changes on staff

membengal

2 hours ago, membengal said:

Oh good lord TJ, you will complain about anything. Most franchises announce parting ways with coaches ahead of end of year. We never did. Until now. And you then complain about that.

In my defense, I dont follow other franchises day to day actions and announcements for the most part

so Ive never seen this before

*shrug*

in any case, it still seems less than sensible given those guys have to work one more day.  whats the harm in waiting one more day? 

If I am running a business, and I am firing someone, they are gone today, not...."well, they can work a couple more days while knowing they are fired"

also, this isnt really a complaint, just an observation

2 hours ago, TJJackson said:

In my defense, I dont follow other franchises day to day actions and announcements for the most part

so Ive never seen this before

*shrug*

in any case, it still seems less than sensible given those guys have to work one more day.  whats the harm in waiting one more day? 

If I am running a business, and I am firing someone, they are gone today, not...."well, they can work a couple more days while knowing they are fired"

also, this isnt really a complaint, just an observation

They are contract employees,  so it’s probably a case of the news getting out before the official action. 

I’m sure the coaches leaving have been looking for landing spots

5 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

WR coach gone.

This has the potential to be a bigger than expected overhaul. 

Two offensive assistants that weren’t on the radar for potential leaving.   

Seems like they are jumping ship because the hammer is coming, maybe? 

One can always hope.

I’m ready for a new DC.  Lou was dealt a tough hand, true.  But he didn’t distinguish himself with any particular accomplishment, and veteran players were not complimentary at all.  At least look around and talk to guys to see who our options are.

Seems unlikely.  BUT, with our QB as a centerpiece, maybe the Bengals are getting overtures from agents, I mean agents from quality head coaches.  If so, that could be the source of the rumors, and how exciting would it be to get a really good coaching staff in here.  

Done dreaming.  Back to reality.

With that schedule next year and a major overhaul of assistants that’s supposedly going to happen.....why would you join a staff that might enter next season on the hot seat and find lame duck status?   Could be looking for work after 1 year. 

If you are going to force assistant changes and it’s a significant number, might as well do the whole deal. 

• Like 1

If I am a coach looking for a job and I see some assistants fleeing to take lesser jobs, other assistants being scapegoated to protect a 6-25-1 head coach, and a qb that I dont know will be ready or not for next season........I dont know that I want to go there

aside: a survey on Cincyjungle on whether to fire or retain Anarumo is at about 900 votes with only about 30 wanting him back.  95% fire anarumo.  fwiw.

29 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Listening to radio show, supposedly NFL network is reporting the rumors now. 

That came from a caller so who knows. 

That’s a caller who read Florio. Still not a thing.

Hobson rounds up the coaches rumored to be leaving (nothing confirmed yet, Taylor is scheduled to talk to the media tomorrow):

defensive line coaches Nick Eason and Gerald Chatman

offensive line coach Jim Turner

wide receivers coach Bob Bicknell

running backs coach Jemal Singleton

Turner I get. The dline guys...eh, the dline wasn’t good but was that really on coaching? Still, ok. Bicknell we talked about a bit, and Singleton apparently has a new gig lined up already so maybe he’s just moving on. 

Might as well just get rid of anyone not named Darren Simmons! Zac decided he wanted to hire all his friends instead of hiring read coaches, and this is what they got.

Zac couldn’t get the coaches he wanted the first time is he really going to get who he wants now. I wanted Zac to really work out here, but everything seems like it’s to much for the guy, he seems lost out there! 

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

I think Zac is gone.  Watching that press conference I saw a completely defeated Zac Taylor, he answered with one word answers and there was no hope in his eyes.  Either he knows or suspects.

Maybe they told him he needs to make changes, and he does not have it in his heart to let his friends go. So they in turn will let Zac go.

7 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I think Zac is gone.  Watching that press conference I saw a completely defeated Zac Taylor, he answered with one word answers and there was no hope in his eyes.  Either he knows or suspects.

I hope you're right

Usually they retain coaches until their contracts expire (or guaranteed dollars are no longer due) no matter how bad they are......ie I already paid for this useless guy, so I will keep on using him

Hobson says there will be a news conference tomorrow early afternoon....Id expect some actual official announcements on coaching staff going forward then.