Cowboys @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

Good to hear of the good news with the injuries to Uzomah and Williams.

I just really wish the Bengals, the FO, the coaches, the fans, would just stop focusing on injuries as a valid excuse to not winning.

Only consistent winning teams can point to injuries as a valid excuse because their baseline is winning. The Bengals baseline is not being a winning team. 

But here's the kicker, while winning teams COULD point to injuries as an excuse...WINNING teams don't. They take responsibility and act accordingly. The Bengals? "Woulda, shoulda, coulda" and let's "hope and wish that if everyone is healthy, we'll see our potential." So tired of the losing mentality. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

Good to hear of the good news with the injuries to Uzomah and Williams.

I just really wish the Bengals, the FO, the coaches, the fans, would just stop focusing on injuries as a valid excuse to not winning.

Only consistent winning teams can point to injuries as a valid excuse because their baseline is winning. The Bengals baseline is not being a winning team. 

But here's the kicker, while winning teams COULD point to injuries as an excuse...WINNING teams don't. They take responsibility and act accordingly. The Bengals? "Woulda, shoulda, coulda" and let's "hope and wish that if everyone is healthy, we'll see our potential." So tired of the losing mentality. 

The only culture Taylor has built to this point is a losing culture. 

Even with injuries a good coach can find a way to win more then 2 games a year or more then 4 in two years!

With a healthy Burrow this team could never find a way to win, they always found a way to beat themselves! I’m with you I’m so tired of the “almost” crap! 

So again the only thing Taylor has done was build a losing culture, ruin the careers of good players, make players angry and wanting to leave. They need to find somebody who is going to change this culture. Marvin changed it for a long time here, sure he got stale at the end, but his teams and coaches gave fans hope and something to cheer for, only thing Taylor has done is made most fans turn there TVs off. 

• Like 1

I had flashbacks watching Dalton’s array of batted down/picks tonight.  He better play his sss off this weekend, we don’t need a meaningless win to lessen our chances of getting the tackle from Oregon.  Andy quarterbacks with an air of confidence and competence, but that dude will break your heart every time.  

Dallas has just completely given up. Once Dak went down all the fight went out of most of the team. I feel sorry for Dalton. Not only is he stuck behind an oline that might be worse than ours, his team couldn’t give two shits whether he lives or dies.

As bad as the Bengals are they could actually win this.

Bengals are starting chirp about Defensive improvement.    The script flips this week as Giants and Phins don't allow a bunch of points.   Dallas does.    Giants and Phins are in playoff picture.  Dallas isn't.

So it will be interesting to see if the Defense can hold down a better offensive team with a weak defense that isn't in the playoff hunt.

On 12/7/2020 at 7:03 PM, Wraith said:

Lose.this.game....single most important loss of the season.

Yep. 

this is a MUST LOSE game because with a Bengals win we drop to the 4th draft spot and may never be able to climb again

Dallas will try hard to lose it but they must not be allowed to do so

Let's start with the obvious - DL, please, no swipes at Dalton's passes, we dont need any DL getting a passes defensed stat this particular game

On 12/9/2020 at 10:41 PM, cincy9275 said:

I hope Dalton comes here kicks the shit outta Zac and gets his ass fired. I want this staff gone all of them. 

Perfect way to wind down this season.  Against all odds we find ourselves once again rooting for Dalton, he does a classic Andy face plant, loses to his old team and wrecks our chance at the Oregon tackle.  He leads the post game prayer at midfield and reconnects spiritually with lots of his old teammates (bad news though, Satan easily bats down all of Andy’s prayers).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

They can't score any points.  Especially with Higgins hurt.  They won't win another game.

I hope you’re right, but Andy is inconsistent and when it’s bad, it’s really bad.  Plus Dallas’ line isn’t what it used to be, and Zeke looks like he barely cares anymore.  Basically, yes we suck.  But the Cowboys are horrible too.  Go cowboys!

is adeniji hurt or is it just a "punitive" benching?   the big johnson is in for adeniji at OLT

I love the fact that they are trying out the junior kicker they've sheltered on the roster all year.  Time to see what he can do

I dont like the fact that OG/OC BJ Finney is sitting.  He should be starting on the same "try him out" principle

Dalton looking like Montana out there