Offensive Line Draft Talk Thread

membengal

If I were the Bengals, my offer to Bobby Hart: 

Agree to delete all social media, agree to not speak to the media, sign a contract addendum stating you will not comment on any form of media, social or traditional, and if you do we are entitled to cut you with no repercussions.  If you don’t agree, we cut you now, invoking whatever morals or citizenship clause is in your contract, and we pay you nothing.  Shut your fat mouth or get your fat ass out of town.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think they’ve denounced the supposed interest in Larry unfortunately.

The secret sauce behind the line post Whitworth was getting Dalton in Shotgun and a pre snap read that Andy aim and fire.

Any defense no matter their ability to rush the passer IF they decided or could take that dynamic out it was a feast on the QB. 

That’s exactly what we saw week 1 vs Seattle.  For whatever reason Seattle was content to keep the same scheme with the easy read (pointed out in broadcast).  Probably because the NFL doesn’t practice enough in preseason.  That was our best outing of the year. 

Late in the year we saw a very poor Dolphins pass rushing team tee off on Dalton and overall bad offensive day until the last minute of the game. 

Without substantial improvement across the board individually it could get ugly. 

• 2 weeks later...

More photographic evidence of Jonah Williams with a ton more upper body definition than I recall him having when he was drafted. He really does appear to have put in work:

• Like 1

Brandon Thorn, respected o-line analyst, puts all the starting right tackles in the league in tiers from elite level (Schwartz and Johnson), on down.  And by “on down,” I mean all the way down to tier 6, occupied by only one lonely player.  Behold!

• Like 1

That guy placed every Bengals starter in the worst tier per position group, even Hopkins (he didn't feature Jonah Williams). I can't claim he's flat wrong there, though I at least think center is better off than that. Hard to argue with any enthusiasm for Jordan, XSF, or Hart.

8 hours ago, Stripes said:

That guy placed every Bengals starter in the worst tier per position group, even Hopkins (he didn't feature Jonah Williams). I can't claim he's flat wrong there, though I at least think center is better off than that. Hard to argue with any enthusiasm for Jordan, XSF, or Hart.

Hopkins better than Bodine not as good as Cook.

Price worse than Bodine and Guycheck. 

That’s my take.

Hopkins is helped perception wise because he the best of a shitty group.  However he’s probably hurt performance wise because he is surrounded by that same shitty group.

Williams, Jordan, and Johnson have to come up ACES. 

On 23/07/2020 at 12:44 PM, ArmyBengal said:

So you mean to tell me there is a RT "worse" than Hart ??

Dr. Spock voice - "it's worse than that Jim, there's two of them"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not to be funny, but ANYTIME would have been an excellent time for Price to step up.

How nice would it be to see both him and Ross actually earn their first round draft positions this season ??
It pains me to look back at the 2017 and 2018 drafts and the players that went after them.

However, I will readily admit to liking the picks at the time they were made.
Especially Price...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds like 4 of the 5 spots are settled.   RT remains the lone spot.     I expect Hart to get the first nod because it sounds like he's getting the most starter reps, but I expect Hart to be Hart and eventually Fred gets a shot.

Bottom line they probably need to revamp the entire right side this coming offseason.