General Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

On 9/27/2021 at 8:58 AM, ArmyBengal said:

Hard to believe Jacksonville giving up an a first rounder 3 games into their second season.
I know Henderson has been injured, but what else?  Just not a fit under Meyer?

Just stinks that Apple has been here exactly what he's been everywhere else.
Dude just never translated his game from college.  Shame.

Just need a properly motivated and healthy Waynes. Cmon Trey!! The team needs your best bro. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, COB said:

It would be great to get a 4th for Ross.  Very unlikely though.  Still wouldn’t make up for the first rounder we wasted on him, but it would be better than zilch, which is approximately what we got out of that pick.  

It's not unlikely. He just has to keep playing. We can do this.

Would it be too much to hope for another Geno Atkins type find with that 4th ??
Now if we got THAT kind of return in the loss of Ross, I hardly think anyone would complain !!
Then again, that 4th rounder wouldn't have that hard of a time at least replicating what we got from Ross.

Barely more than nothing.
In his 4 years with the Bengals:
51 receptions for 739 yards and 10 TD's

Chase through 7 games:
35 receptions for 754 yards and 6 TD's

Hell, Auden Tate (7th round) has more receptions and yards 7 games into his 4th year than Ross, just less TD's...

Let that sink in for a minute...

I still can’t get over that first rounder for Miami’s discontented cornerback.  To spend that they must feel good about 3 things:

1.  He’s healthy and he’s a top corner, like top half of the league.

2.  He’s happy to come to Cinci and will not be a vocal malcontent - he was that in Miami at the end.

3.  He’s willing to play out his deal through ‘23 as is.  He was complaining about being underpaid in Miami.  The Brown family surely didn’t spend a first rounder to sign up for that.

One other possibility - they agreed in principle before the trade to rework his deal and lock him up for 4 or 5 years.  We’ll see.

Man that’s a relief.  I fell for that completely.  Was all worried about the chemistry on the defense.  I feel kind of foolish falling for that.  Luckily, I’m in the midst of a hugely profitable business transaction, helping a Nigerian prince convert some of his money to American dollars.  It feels good to help others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

COB, I have a car ready to be shipped anywhere in the country free of charge.
Only 10k for my 2017 Shelby Mustang.  I don't want to get rid of it, but at 51 I decided to join the Kyrgyzstan resistance to overthrow the government.
Act quick and wish me luck !!

I’ll look great in that mustang, driving over the bridge I’m buying right now.  Getting a great deal on it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, COB said:

He’ll be gone before we pick, I’d expect.

Unless the last two weeks become the standard for the last half of the season. Not that I’m expecting that, but that is just as plausible as thinking they are going to win the division. 

Hoping for the playoffs at this point however !!