2020 Offseason Roster Moves

HoosierCat

Why would I complain about actually signing an upgrade at S and LB? It's like someone gave MB the Coronavirus and put him isolation.  It's not as if they EVER do this shit, but hell yeah I'll give 'em credit - especially a former Buckeye with remaining upside, and hopefully no more Shawn Williams (who sucks, I don't care what anyone says, he's a poor man's LB).

Aside from maybe a DE and another LB or CB, it seems the entire draft is going to be offense...

If they move Williams to LB, with the intent of him being one of the nickel LBs and/or the sole dime LB, I am a LOT happier with FA

If they keep him at S, far less so

Little worried about the fact that Bynes is an ILB (in a 3-4) and Pratt played MLB - Pratt was basically the only good news at LB last year.  who moves outside?  not optimal no matter which one moves

Here’s a look at how the draft might open up now - TDN predictive board , me picking for the Bengals after the last two days signings...

1. Joe Burrow - QB

33. Tee Higgins -WR

65. Isaiah Wilson - OT

107. Akeem Davis-Gaither - LB,

147. Michael Onwenu -IOL

180. Antonio Gandy-Golden- WR

215. Gipson- EDGE

34 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

That’s what Goodberry alluded to in a post from Mem earlier.

Yup. The nickel is basically their base anyhow. Big challenge has always been finding that hybrid lb/s to play the “star” role.

• Like 1

It’s a big reason I say they still need to take their shots with LB’s in the draft. I don’t see any additions to this point that solve that problem long term. I like what they’ve done and am not complaining at all. I still would argue that LB is a big need for building this team for more than a season.

• Like 1