2020 Offseason Roster Moves

HoosierCat

Vigil struggled.  Eifert was fragile.  I see this as a positive.  Zac is changing the culture, something I’ve seen other coaches do, but never expected it here.  If you’re not performing, goodbye and we’ll try somebody else.  

I have no issue seeing both Vigil and Eifert move on. Nothing personal but it was time. Get younger, healthier and improve the roster.

LB continues to be my #1 priority even with the new guy on board.

Oh, DJ Reader is going to be huge next to Geno this year. Hard for an opposing o-line to cover both of them. DJ will probably result in a Geno resurgence this season.

Vigil,  this defense gave up huge amounts of yards the past two years.   Bynes comes off a solid unit the past two years.   I think he helps.   Probably blue collar pick up.

Eifert - I just hang on to his 2015, but they clearly try to limit his snaps, targets and exposure to injury.   They need something here, IMO.  

Safeties - They need them.   Bates came on late in the year, so hopefully that continues.   It's time for Williams to move on, IMO.    They've been snooping around on Reid.

Supposedly they are snooping around on Trent Williams too.  

I am generally incapable of feeling immense excitement about free agency given how often I have seen teams spend nothing and fail and other teams spend a lot and fail. It's very hard to judge.

Still, I am pleased to see the Bengals so proactive. They have to at least try, and nobody could seriously suggest they aren't doing that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

The Titans cb is pretty bad so I wouldn’t read a lot into the signing. He’s certainly not coming in to start over Dre.

That said, Dre’s salary puts him on the bubble.

He’s a special teams signing. And he will help there.

I'll be real: every time Zac Taylor said something like "I think that anyone who sees what we're doing here and what we're about would want to be a part of it" after 2-14, I snorted.

But, here we are. The Bengals are having the loudest free agency period in the league.

• Like 2