Official Joe Burrow Thread

cincyhokie

51 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

no, it isnt by itself a deal killer for me

but it is a concern

It is genuinely unconcerning to me. He's sharp as hell. I cannot imagine the footwork involved with dropping back will be an issue. 

On 1/5/2020 at 12:05 AM, Stripes said:

How often do the Bengals even line up under center anymore?

Diddo?  Also how effective is Mixon out of shotgun? 

Because if Mixon is more effective downhill running that  dictates your QBs being under Center then I wouldn’t say pass on Burrow just recognize there’s a transition that needs to occur. 

On the latest Locked On Podcast (their weekly mailbag one) - Goodberry addressed a question (that might have come from TJ for all I know) about whether it's an issue that LSU works out of the shotgun so much. Goodberry was immediately dismissive of that as a concern, noting among other things that the Bengals already throw out of shotgun sets 75% of the time as it is, and that in the modern NFL passing game, concerns over experience under center are simply not something that any team spends a second glance worrying about.

FWIW. 

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

Thanks for the find, Hoosier. I love LOVE these paragraphs:

It has barely mattered what coverage a defense is in against Burrow. Burrow’s adjusted completion percentage of 82.5, which weights completions by air yards and excludes drops and throwaways, is the highest mark in the nine-season sample from the ESPN Stats & Information Group. (By comparison, starting major conference QBs over that same stretch recorded an average adjusted completion mark of 67.7 percent.)

When pressured, Burrow still completes 73.9 percent of his passes, a clip 9.5 percentage points better than any other player in the country and the top mark produced by any QB since at least 2011.4. He also has a 211.2 passer efficiency rating, the highest among qualified passers over that stretch, and has thrown 19 touchdowns, five clear of any other QB in a single season.

It should also be mentioned that Burrow’s team has been so destructive — with the Tigers winning by an average margin of 27.2 points — that it has limited his performance. Burrow has logged only 95 snaps in the fourth quarter or overtime, which ranks outside the top 125 QBs nationally. But even without as many dropbacks as he could have accumulated, Burrow is still outperforming almost every other quarterback since 2004:

• Like 2

On another board there is some ya hoo saying Burrow = Dalton.

That’s the craziest shit I’ve ever heard.

Keep in mind, I considered Dalton a decent NFL starter.

LSU’s Chase is covered by Clemson’s best CB and he’s covered.  Burrow is dropping dimes. 

Burrow will unleash Ross. 

• Like 1