Official Joe Burrow Thread

cincyhokie

Maybe the whole 2020 draft class should be awarded to the Patriots so these oh so very special young people will all have a chance to play for a “winner.”  Will that make Carson Palmer happy? Because, above all else, let’s make sure that victim/saint/transcendent talent Carson Palmer is kept satisfied.

• Like 1

The National Media is so lazy and they are a major part of the reason why my love for football really fell off. 
This is the same media that a few years ago were praising the bengals and even there front office for turning around there org, and making the playoffs each year. So now that they have had a few bad years, and a change of coaches they are now the worst team ever. They make no sense!

Joe Burrow could make them shut up about things if he would say, if the bengals draft me I would love to go there and can’t wait to get started. Instead he says things like if they draft me they draft me, or telling media he has the leverage. His parents are the only ones that have said he wants to go number 1 and would not mind if it’s the bengals.

I still think Burrow is number 1 but nothing suprises me anymore, I just hope he does not listen to the media and let them sway him in his decision, but I do wish he would shut them up, it’s getting very annoying now!

3 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Joe Burrow could make them shut up about things if he would say, if the bengals draft me I would love to go there and can’t wait to get started. Instead he says things like if they draft me they draft me, or telling media he has the leverage. His parents are the only ones that have said he wants to go number 1 and would not mind if it’s the bengals.

There's only so much the guy can say about a franchise that hasn't actually picked him yet. He has no guarantee that he'll be the #1 pick, and the "leverage" comment has been given zero real context by any sources talking about it. If you look back at the quote, he was talking about the combine and his need [or non-need] to prove himself given the tape he has already produced.

Besides, he hasn't said nothing:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28726662/joe-burrow-says-bengals-no-1-draft-pick-leverage

Burrow, who grew up in Athens, Ohio, less than three hours east of Cincinnati, was intrigued by the idea of playing in the state where his parents still reside.

"It's an interesting [thought], going back home to Ohio," Burrow told KTCK-AM. "It would be a lot of fun. It would."

Burrow said being the No. 1 draft pick will be a "dream come true," but demurred when asked if he wants to go to the city that currently holds the top overall pick.

"I'd like to play football," Burrow said at a news conference. "So whoever takes me -- I'm a ballplayer, I'm gonna play."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, volcom69 said:

See the media is getting to me now I need to stop reading into this shit lol lol. I’m just getting annoyed every thing on Twitter is about this and tired of seeing it lol. Stupid Lazy media can’t stand it!

I understand. They make themselves extremely difficult to ignore by design. It is completely unreasonable that any of this manner of blatant tampering is allowed to take place, either by league rules or by journalistic "integrity".

It's lazy.  They lump together Palmer being unhappy with having not won a playoff game as if it's been the same all these years.    They aren't about to attempt a break down of what actually happened.

Lewis/Palmer/Dalton had enough talent put a singular playoff victory on the board.   They choked.  They had bad luck with injuries.  Rosters turn over. 

It's now a question of can Tobin bring about a supporting cast along with Taylor that can surpass the results under Lewis/Palmer/Dalton with Burrow.  That's it.

IMO, there is not validation of the thought that Burrow is doomed here.  It could go either way.    

4 minutes ago, Stripes said:

I understand. They make themselves extremely difficult to ignore by design. It is completely unreasonable that any of this manner of blatant tampering is allowed to take place, either by league rules or by journalistic "integrity".

A lot of it is being driven by bitter ex-Bengals, too. Just today you had Solomon Wilcots boo-hooing about poor Carson Palmer and how he got ruined by the franchise and fans threw trash on his lawn (which iirc is an urban legend that never happened) wah wah wah. Its why I don’t want Jordan Palmer and Housh around the kid. But I guess that’s water over the dam now.

• Thanks 1

Then it gets spun into something else.    There's no motive to be fair in this situation.   It's proven all the want to see is Palmer was mad at the Bengals.  Bengals haven't won a playoff game in so long.    So everything gets painted the same. 

People running with the Burrow narrative aren't objective.  To lazy to put thought into it.

While understanding that everyone needs support and to have talented people around them regardless of the line of business, there’s one thing that always intrigued me and I think applies to Burrow.

Coming into a situation that has proven to work and maintaining that makes you capable. However, coming into a situation that has not had success and turning it around makes you god-like.

Burrow winning even a single playoff game, let alone a Super Bowl, would vault him into the top 3 of most beloved people in the history of Cincinnati.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

While understanding that everyone needs support and to have talented people around them regardless of the line of business, there’s one thing that always intrigued me and I think applies to Burrow.

Coming into a situation that has proven to work and maintaining that makes you capable. However, coming into a situation that has not had success and turning it around makes you god-like.

Burrow winning even a single playoff game, let alone a Super Bowl, would vault him into the top 3 of most beloved people in the history of Cincinnati.

You know who agrees with you? ;)

“Joe Burrow should sign on as a sanitation worker in International Falls, Minnesota, rather than play football for the Bengals.  He should never go to that city, that city should be enclosed with a giant Trump wall and it’s citizens forced to engage in a Hunger Games killfest until only one person is left, then that person should be starved to death on a nationally broadcast special episode of “Survivor (or not): Hamilton County”.  Fuck Cincinnati.  PS - I’m tweeting this from the mansion I bought with the millions Mike Brown paid me to play football in Cincinnati.” - Signed, A Shitload of Bitter Old Football Players.

• Like 1

And it's like everyone is forgetting the Bengals and first round picks.

Burrow will be the pick and get hurt during OTA's, resulting in him missing his rookie season anyway.
It's like getting a year of NFL football pay for free.  Why not come to Cincinnati ??
That's a whole year of wear and tear he won't have to worry about.

What other team can offer that ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, membengal said:

As god is my witness, this is Geoff Hobson's best work ever. It's not even close. Well worth a read:

https://www.bengals.com/news/the-roots-and-rising-of-joe-burrow

Ha ha!  Our (presumably) first round QB uses his celebrity to inspire people to help the less fortunate.  

Meanwhile, Cleveland’s first round QB uses his celebrity to get rather dismal blow jobs from fame-awed 20 year-old girls in the parking lot behind a strip mall Cheese Cake Factory.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, membengal said:

As god is my witness, this is Geoff Hobson's best work ever. It's not even close. Well worth a read:

https://www.bengals.com/news/the-roots-and-rising-of-joe-burrow

Hobson isn't writing a piece like that IF they aren't all in on Joe Burrow.   Done deal.   All the Joe comments being vague is just to avoid a media circus until the obvious is made official on draft day.

• Thanks 2