Jaguars @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

4 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

That's the 3rd o-lineman who's retired/quit or in this case, doesn't want to play here apparently.  Others haven't developed (Price, Jordan).  Turner seems like garbage indeed.  This coaching staff seems to be pieced together with bad spare parts.

The injuries don't surprise me, I said before that no one's gutting-out any injuries on this team, they're going to take their time coming back, in particular vets.

Thats what worries me, Zac decided to bring his friends along instead of hiring vet coaches. That’s not to say some of these guys won’t work out in the end, but as of now this seems like a team without a plan.

The guys they did sign to this team don’t even have a purpose? Gio hardly touches the ball, Eifert does not seem to catch passes anymore, Uzamah really don’t see him, what the hell is the plan around here. 

As a fan right now I don’t know how to feel. I don’t want to root for another team, but at the same time I don’t want to watch this shit show that they have here now. All I want is to wake up Sundays excited because the Bengals are on, and now I wake up thinking of other things to do.

I hated Marvin at the end, but at least at one time he put together a coaching staff that gave this team hope, almost every year we had a chance because they were in the playoffs, I just want that feeling again. Somewhere Marvin is laughing along with Carson Palmer. 

F**k me this sucks!

• Like 2

I don't miss Marvin Lewis.  We all knew a change was needed.  That means the Bengals had to take a risk, and that's what they did with Zac Taylor.  I don't know how it will turn out; I am not judging much of anything this season.  But even if it ends up shit, that's just how it can go when you take a chance.  I'd rather the Bengals suck after trying to change their situation than continue to reside near the center of the league without doing anything about it.

I think Mike could be pushing for Turner to be fired, and Zac is defending him pretty affirmatively.  

Turner was on board and presumably had input on the Bobby Hart signing.  Huge mistake.  Various vets getting a good look at Turner and saying, “nope.”  Like Boling and Westerman.  I assume he had input on John Jerry.  Fail.  

They could be getting ready to move on from this guy.

9 hours ago, COB said:

I think Mike could be pushing for Turner to be fired, and Zac is defending him pretty affirmatively.  

Turner was on board and presumably had input on the Bobby Hart signing.  Huge mistake.  Various vets getting a good look at Turner and saying, “nope.”  Like Boling and Westerman.  I assume he had input on John Jerry.  Fail.  

They could be getting ready to move on from this guy.

In the food for thought department: if you look back at history, the Bengals have actually been fairly quick to axe new coaches who don’t improve on the previous one.

In 76, Bill Johnson took over an 11-3 team and went 10-6, 8-6 and was out halfway through the next year.

Homer Rice went 4-12 in 79, same record as they had in 78 which started under Johnson, and was gone.

Gregg improved the team to 6-10 then went to the SB the next year so he hung around until 7-9 in 83.

Wyche improved to 8-8. When he quit/was fired after 3-13 in 91, Shula improved by two games the next year.

And of course Lewis went 8-8 after LeBeau’s 2-14 so he got some time.

in short, I don’t think it’s just Turners seat that’s hot.

no new coach in team history has done anywhere nearly as bad as Taylor relative to the prior regime. None. And he’s not been just bad, but stinking up the joint bad.

Remember when AJ got hurt, then some Bengal players complained about the field?

Caused a fire storm of criticism for Dayton.  Some idiot radio host even claimed the school system had $100 mil surplus because he doesn’t know his ass from a hole in the wall.   Which set off another fake news fire.

Then video appears and the injury was a contact injury and had nothing to do with the field.

Same thing now with Turner.  

Lol, 1% of facts making 100% judgement.

Really what you are hoping for is Washington to suck so they don’t make Callahan the head coach and change staff leaving him open to join Bengals staff.