49ers @ Bengals Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

6 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Won't happen this year, at least any time soon, but we can hope the season goes poorly enough, that it finally happens next season.  There's a whole group of not-so-good players on this team I'm sick of watching every year.

Yeah after this nonsense. Sunday’s will be spent doing other things. This teams not even worth the effort to watch. Zac got a long season ahead of him. 

5 minutes ago, cincy9275 said:

This team has gave up. With that so do I. This is my last bengals game. I’m done with this team. Good luck guys. This misery not worth it. 

Did you really think they were going to be good, I hope you didn't?

They didn't do anything in the offseason to change any of that at all.

This team needs rebuilt in a bad way

I am surprised that the defense is playing so very very poorly, but I think they'll (somehow) be ok......and yeah, it is this unit that take most of the blame for this loss

of absolutely no surprise to me is that the offensive line, playing with starters that would be backups on most teams, and now with a 3rd stringer who probably took single digit practice snaps at OLT, is flailing.   We kept taking shiny offensive skill players like Ross, Mixon, and Sample when we knew we couldnt block well enough let those players do their thing

Lap just said that the game is won in the trenches and I couldnt agree more.  GIMME A LINEMAN.  err, several of them.

the 4-12 prediction I made a few weeks back is looking vastly optimisitic

4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, Sean McDonough on Fox is revisiting Paul Brown hiring Tiger Johnson instead of Bill Walsh, including graphics of a triumphant Walsh and a taciturn Paul Brown.  Thanks Fox, getting kicked in the balls today by the Niners wasn’t enough, please remind us all of past misery too.

1 minute ago, TJJackson said:

I am surprised that the defense is playing so very very poorly, but I think they'll (somehow) be ok

of absolutely no surprise to me is that the offensive line, playing with starters that would be backups on most teams, and now with a 3rd stringer who probably took single digit practice snaps at OLT, is flailing.   We kept taking shiny offensive skill players like Ross, Mixon, and Sample when we knew we couldnt block well enough let those players do their thing

the 4-12 prediction I made a few weeks back is looking vastly optimisitic

Better games, certainly, but I think they're in big trouble with this group of LB's, have given up almost 240 rushing yards today.  They are miserably bad and there's no answers on that roster.  

6 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Better games, certainly, but I think they're in big trouble with this group of LB's, have given up almost 240 rushing yards today.  They are miserably bad and there's no answers on that roster.  

Linebacker is of course a problem as well, known before the draft and FA, little effort to correct/adjust.

I am sure Pratt will help in a year or three

Sean McDonough bringing the wood.  Just told a story about how after his first career pick,  Richard Sherman threw the ball at Marvin Lewis.  He did so because, after coaching him in the Senior Bowl, Marvin was quoted saying Sherman was undraftable.  Marvin’s incompetence, and by extension the incompetence of those who handed him the keys to a franchise for 15 years, continues to cast a long shadow.

46 minutes ago, COB said:

I enjoyed my one week of misguided, delusional,   barely-warranted, enthusiasm.  

Only a Bengals' fan gets enthused over a loss.  And it looks like the Seahags are possibly the worst 2-0 team at the moment.  But yeah just a little bit different in the results department this week.