Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ArmyBengal

How bad is AJ hurt ??

Recommended Posts

Lol.   The Bengals were close to a deal prior to the injury and have the franchise tag.

Why under sell now? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The emergence of Malone in TC is a non factor with AJ because they still have a former 9th overall pick that isn’t on the field.

So that’s a natural spot to bump IF Malone keeps his upside going.   Sorry Ross, fix yo hammy. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 4th and a 7th?  For AJ Green?  Are we in the real world?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 4th ?? While I’m not sitting here claiming we should get multiple 1st rounders, why let him go for peanuts ?? Let him get back for the rest of the year and let him walk if that’s the decision. We get him for the year and the comp pick which would be at least the 4th they get in that scenario.

I don’t want to see AJ go is what it boils down to.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

A 4th ?? While I’m not sitting here claiming we should get multiple 1st rounders, why let him go for peanuts ?? Let him get back for the rest of the year and let him walk if that’s the decision. We get him for the year and the comp pick which would be at least the 4th they get in that scenario.

I don’t want to see AJ go is what it boils down to.

Exactly, the proposal here is basically a comp pick so...why again?

Only way I trade Green is if I'm having a fire sale and in that case I'm trading Andy, Ross, Eifert, hell maybe even Geno, who knows, so I can stockpile 30+ picks over the next two years to completely overhaul the team.

And then I don't do it because we suck at drafting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

Exactly, the proposal here is basically a comp pick so...why again?

Only way I trade Green is if I'm having a fire sale and in that case I'm trading Andy, Ross, Eifert, hell maybe even Geno, who knows, so I can stockpile 30+ picks over the next two years to completely overhaul the team.

And then I don't do it because we suck at drafting.

Yeah, and frankly the Bengals' wouldn't bother to put that much effort into anything.  They don't care enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Yeah, and frankly the Bengals' wouldn't bother to put that much effort into anything.  They don't care enough.

Ding ding ding...

We have a winner !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damion Willis gets the start for AJ in the opener, Jordan at LG, Hopkins at C with Price on the bench.  The Price and Ross picks are looking like more and more like 1st round busts.   You'd think a 1st round C  would at least be able to start on this team.  Maybe he'll get better.

Well Taylor, unlike Marvin, isn't afraid to promote young guys/rookies it seems at least.  He doesn't have much to work with.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy they signed from buffalo - John Miller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per Hobson - AJ is still using the scooter, and ankle is still in the boot.  Zach not saying anything about when he’ll be back.  It’s been a month since he was injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if he misses the whole year because that’s just how this team’s luck goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Scooter and boot?  Sounds like a IR recall situation

Or simply extreme caution until the boot is scheduled to come off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fully expected AJ to get hurt again at some point this year, and I would treat him as a constant injury risk the rest of his career with this foot and ankle issues, age, build and time in the league, time to find a future replacement.  Maybe he defies the odds for a while before becoming ineffective, who knows, but I think it's time they started looking at a future without him, as of next season.  I just don't see him being in the league that much longer, but of course you don't give up on him until it's time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My position hasn't changed.  I would shelve AJ with the IR - Return Designated label until week 9, rushing him back is only going to make a bad thing worse.  Let's see what these kids can do, without an Offensive Line this team isn't going anywhere this season.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a good plan.  Why put him out there?  How many times has he injured his legs in the past 3 years?  Each year I think without checking it... too much at any rate. But when you have to lean on him for almost every single big play, the odds go up that he gets injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He also said he could play another 8 years in the NFL under Taylor's scheme.  Hearing the players' confidence under this coaching regime is so nice to hear.  Belief in your system goes a very long way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 3:13 PM, skyline said:

He also said he could play another 8 years in the NFL under Taylor's scheme.  Hearing the players' confidence under this coaching regime is so nice to hear.  Belief in your system goes a very long way.

Well, Ocho Loco said/thought the same things at his age I'm sure.  He's still great at this point when he's healthy.  He's missed six or more games 2 out of the last 3 years, and now at least 2-3 this year just to start.  With his age and build, I can't help but to see a Chad Johnson type of scenario happening.  8 more years is a big stretch for him, that would be great, he'd set a ton of records, but I'm thinking maybe 2-3 more.  I guess we'll see how this year goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Well, Ocho Loco said/thought the same things at his age I'm sure.  He's still great at this point when he's healthy.  He's missed six or more games 2 out of the last 3 years, and now at least 2-3 this year just to start.  With his age and build, I can't help but to see a Chad Johnson type of scenario happening.  8 more years is a big stretch for him, that would be great, he'd set a ton of records, but I'm thinking maybe 2-3 more.  I guess we'll see how this year goes.

I wasn't interested in his comments as a literal prediction, but simply an indication of how he feels about the new regime.

Sure, Chad probably said similar things, but that's Chad.  I love the guy, but he never shut up.  When AJ talks, I'm more inclined to listen :yum:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AJ just did an interview.  He said “I don’t know where they got the 6 to 8 weeks at, it’s going to be longer than that.”

He said when he heals and can go 100%, he’ll come back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×