Jump to content

Counting down until Home Opener

September 11, 2022 vs Pittsburgh Steelers

Game Dey!!!

Marvin Fired - New Coaches


JaxonFord
 Share

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

The reason someone would want to come here is the job security - knowing that no matter how badly things go, they will be the head coach for at least twice as long as they deserve to be, and probably far longer

So, Jeff Fisher. 

 

How about Mike Shula?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TJJackson said:

The reason someone would want to come here is the job security - knowing that no matter how badly things go, they will be the head coach for at least twice as long as they deserve to be, and probably far longer

Yeah outside of a decent core of talent to work with here, and an established QB (for now), that's literally the only reason I can think of that would appeal to someone (it's a low cost city with good schools etc.., as well).

It's my guess a guy like McDaniels would want upgrades to facilities and a culture change though, like Coughlin did - which won't fly here.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

I would hope McCarthy enters the conversation at some point, but, am kind of doubting it, not sure why he'd want to submit himself to the ownership here when he could find a better situation elsewhere.  

Actually Mike and McCarthy are pretty tight!  Here they are several years ago!

Charley.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Bengals' confirmed they're interviewing Hue, Simmons and Lazor for job so far. 

Lazor has done f*%k all difference to the O since he took over almost 2 whole seasons ago - i would be very unhappy if he got the gig

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Scottishbengal said:

Lazor has done f*%k all difference to the O since he took over almost 2 whole seasons ago - i would be very unhappy if he got the gig

Yes, no thanks to Lazor. Get fresh blood. No retreads from Marv. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Colin Cowherd today said “a source” told him Mike wants to hire Hue Jackson, but is afraid of the fan reaction.  

First, the source is probably Hue Jackson.  

Second, Mike is likely hiring his last coach.  If he takes the easy way out and hires Hue Jackson, fuck him and fuck this franchise.  Would be a pathetic bail out move.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I kind of hope it is Hue Jackson just so I can watch the train completely derail.
The fan backlash will be the likes of something the world has never seen before.
Oh God let Mike Brown follow his gut and completely screw this up.

I will finally be able to walk away from the Bengals as a fan without a single thought or regret.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, volcom69 said:

I can see it now Vance Joesph as the HC with Hue as his OC! 

Give me Hue over Lazor as O.C any day of the week.

I don't want either Hue or Lazor as HC on ANY day of the week though. Hue does not have a great HC record and Lazor is just the waste of a skin (IMO).

FRESH START - FRESH BLOOD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, keep people that should be coordinators (See Hue and Vance Joseph) in coordinator positions.  I would have no issue with the both of them as OC and DC.
I'm thinking show Lazor the door, but wonder how much should be given in consideration to AJ, Dalton, and Eifert all being out ??  Hell Mixon missed time as well as Gio.
Bring in new blood, with new thoughts about what NFL football looks like after the year 2010.

Hire Hue and I am a permanent Houston Texans fan.  I'm already getting ramped up for OUR playoff game this weekend !!!
"ArmyBengal" will become "ArmyTexan".  I did spend 11 of my 21 years stationed in Texas and wanted to move back there when I retired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, COB said:

Colin Cowherd today said “a source” told him Mike wants to hire Hue Jackson, but is afraid of the fan reaction.  

First, the source is probably Hue Jackson.  

Second, Mike is likely hiring his last coach.  If he takes the easy way out and hires Hue Jackson, fuck him and fuck this franchise.  Would be a pathetic bail out move.  

Not sure why he'd need a "source" to come-up with that, but the fan backlash and constant media scrutiny would be unbearable I would think, not sure why he'd even want to coach here.  The only way he avoids that is by going straight to the playoffs and winning games right out of the chute (not real likely here).

Maybe he stays as a position coach for VJ or whatever mediocre coach they hire, but like Marvin, Hue shouldn't be given a head coaching opportunity in the NFL any time soon.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Them interviewing Eric Bieniemy is a positive sign from my perspective. That’s four interview targets (out of eight) from out of the immediate fold. Tells me that Katie and others are having a say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, membengal said:

Them interviewing Eric Bieniemy is a positive sign from my perspective. That’s four interview targets (out of eight) from out of the immediate fold. Tells me that Katie and others are having a say. 

I agree. Here’s hoping they interview Pete Charmichael OC at Saints 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ArmyBengal changed the title to Marvin Fired - New Coaches

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...