Week 5 - Dolphins talk

Stripes

14 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Dolphins are a bit of a mess at the moment for being a 3-1 team.  Of course they're also missing their starting Center and had to sign some scrub.  They just let one of their DT's go after a tantrum last Sunday, and were lifeless in the 38-7 beat down by NE. 

I don't see any reason to not win this game at home, especially with Burfict and Mixon most likely back.

The Bengals are the better team, but the Dolphins lead the league in interceptions and the d-line is their strength.  So, it comes down to whether or not the Bengals can protect Dalton and avoid the big mistakes.

I could easily imagine one of those games where one team is clearly better, but the score is close thanks to one or two major mistakes.

A blowout sure would be nice, though.  I can only take so many more "Cardiac Cat" moments.

I'd think Uzomah is going to have people asking "Where did this guy come from?" before it's all said and done.

He got more snaps than Eifert in week 1 and more than all (except Eifert) in weeks 2 and 3.
When Eifert went down last week, it was Uzomah's snaps and workload that went up and not Kroft.

Am I suggesting Uzomah is equal to Eifert talent wise ??  No, but I am suggesting that the drop off isn't as steep as some might think.
I think had Uzomah gone to a college that made good use of the TE (29 receptions in 4 years), there's no way he falls to the 5th round of the draft.
Oddly of those 29 receptions, 7 went for TD's and a 15 YPC average.  I really am rooting for him to make his presence felt the rest of the season.

The idea is that Uzomah/Kroft replacing Eifert is less about the #s and more about how Eifert demanded respect from the defense which opened plays up for Green, Boyd, etc.  Uzomah and Kroft will get us by, but it's a downgrade however you look at it.

Ross and Bernard have both been declared out for Sunday.  We can still get the win, but we're going to need help from the defense. Hopefully, the scheme is good and Burfict makes a noticeable difference in his first game back.

Welp Gio out 2-4 weeks with an MCL

So no Gio or Ross or Eifert, guys are going down like crazy, not liking that at all. Guys need to step up, the o-line really needs to step up and give Dalton time to find his guys. 

Man for once I would love to see this team stay healthy!!! So hopefully guys step up and they come away with the win!

I just think (ok fine, hope) that Uzomah is going to produce when given all the snaps I expect him to get moving forward.
People can't say he hasn't made good in the past, because Kroft was always given the snaps ahead of him.  This is the first time he's out snapped Kroft consistently.
Depending on the source, he's taller than or equal to Eifert at 6'5-6'6, outweighs Eifert, and is faster than Eifert as well.
Again, I think there's a drop, but I don't think it will be HUGE like others expect.  Maybe I'm in the minority there.

On 10/5/2018 at 12:17 PM, ArmyBengal said:

I'd think Uzomah is going to have people asking "Where did this guy come from?" before it's all said and done.

He got more snaps than Eifert in week 1 and more than all (except Eifert) in weeks 2 and 3.
When Eifert went down last week, it was Uzomah's snaps and workload that went up and not Kroft.

Am I suggesting Uzomah is equal to Eifert talent wise ??  No, but I am suggesting that the drop off isn't as steep as some might think.
I think had Uzomah gone to a college that made good use of the TE (29 receptions in 4 years), there's no way he falls to the 5th round of the draft.
Oddly of those 29 receptions, 7 went for TD's and a 15 YPC average.  I really am rooting for him to make his presence felt the rest of the season.

Agree.  They’ve nabbed some talent at TE.