Jump to content
GapControl

The O-Line Roster

Recommended Posts

Well damn, they grabbed a center anyway.  How about that.

Can't help but worry that it's a reach, but I don't give a shit.  I'll take a center and be happy about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was talked up a bunch by Lap so I think they had a high grade on him.   Just wonder who was the top choice Price or Ragnow? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to draft an injured lineman...(I realize he's been cleared for training camp by non-NFL medical officials)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prior to draft kicking off Mayock opined interior offensive line was among the best position groups this year.     4 players have gone so far so very close to bucking history. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so pissed at the Lions, you could say I'm on the rag now.

Not proud of myself guys, just can't help it once in a while.

We'll see what Price can do.  Still can't believe we missed out on Ragnow.  He looked really strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way Hernandez falls to us in the 2nd but that would be too much to pass on. I also like the safety Reid. 

Wish they would make a move at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, COB said:

I'm so pissed at the Lions, you could say I'm on the rag now.

Not proud of myself guys, just can't help it once in a while.

We'll see what Price can do.  Still can't believe we missed out on Ragnow.  He looked really strong.

Lap convinced me of Ragnow (he and others on Bengalszone) mad at the Lions too but I’m glad that took a center in the first. My Brown fan buddy from college days says Price will be an all-pro level guy for 10 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is all you have post for draft today?? what the hell happen, I always love to come here after Bengals made their pick and read a lot new information about those players from you guys as I dont give a fuck about college football so I know nothing about all those rookies.

if this is what Bengalszone is becoming into? a worthless forum which I have been feel this way since last season. I guess I am out for good, no point to come here anymore as there is nothing for me here now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dimster28 said:

this is all you have post for draft today?? what the hell happen, I always love to come here after Bengals made their pick and read a lot new information about those players from you guys as I dont give a fuck about college football so I know nothing about all those rookies.

if this is what Bengalszone is becoming into? a worthless forum which I have been feel this way since last season. I guess I am out for good, no point to come here anymore as there is nothing for me here now.

Center was a predictable boring great pick.

The only drama is, was Lap throwing smoke with Ragnow talk because he simultaneously talked Price up a lot AND does another premium OL talent fall to 46 and do they pounce? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Price was the best C in the draft until he injured himself at the combine.  I liked Daniels more than Ragnow and if Price really is going to be 100% for camp this is a great pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dimster28 said:

this is all you have post for draft today?? what the hell happen, I always love to come here after Bengals made their pick and read a lot new information about those players from you guys as I dont give a fuck about college football so I know nothing about all those rookies.

if this is what Bengalszone is becoming into? a worthless forum which I have been feel this way since last season. I guess I am out for good, no point to come here anymore as there is nothing for me here now.

Sorry Dim, I just don't think people (including myself) have the time to do this at the moment.
When I was doing this in the past, it would literally consume an entire 3 days getting the threads together, moving them, and ensuring we didn't have multiple threads about the same topic.
Then would come the additional information that was gathered from other websites to further the discussion here.  That part is also time consuming.
My time with my two boys and wife is simply the place I prefer to be when I'm not at work, which also consumes a ton of my time.

I get that people loved that, heck I loved doing that, but things have changed in my life since I retired from the Army and I simply cannot spend 3 days here for the draft.
I know some of the others jumped in right after I stopped doing that, but things have probably also changed for them.
If we were getting paid to do this, it might be different, but that was never a consideration and not something I even need.

I do miss it and maybe next year I find a way to get back into it, but with a little less effort that would not be so time consuming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Sorry Dim, I just don't think people (including myself) have the time to do this at the moment.
When I was doing this in the past, it would literally consume an entire 3 days getting the threads together, moving them, and ensuring we didn't have multiple threads about the same topic.
Then would come the additional information that was gathered from other websites to further the discussion here.  That part is also time consuming.
My time with my two boys and wife is simply the place I prefer to be when I'm not at work, which also consumes a ton of my time.

I get that people loved that, heck I loved doing that, but things have changed in my life since I retired from the Army and I simply cannot spend 3 days here for the draft.
I know some of the others jumped in right after I stopped doing that, but things have probably also changed for them.
If we were getting paid to do this, it might be different, but that was never a consideration and not something I even need.

I do miss it and maybe next year I find a way to get back into it, but with a little less effort that would not be so time consuming.

I understand your point, but as a guy who are damn dumb in college players, I depend on you guys to educate me on what kind of players Bengals just draft. I learn alot of stuff from you guys every draft. example I have no idea who Ross and Mixon is before we draft them, but after draft I feel like I know them my whole life lol. 

before I join this site at 2003 I basically know nothing about Bengals player other than what I see on tv once or twice a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dim, try the NFL Draft section of the Forum, I have posted a bunch of documentation regarding the draft, you may find what you need there

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Dim, try the NFL Draft section of the Forum, I have posted a bunch of documentation regarding the draft, you may find what you need there

 

I just came here to tell Dim the same thing.  Check it out Dimster, Wraith did a great job informing us all about our potential draft picks.  For the record, I'm on board with moving up to get Hernandez, though Mike's probably taking his second nap of the day already while someone else is moving up to get him.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dimster28 said:

I understand your point, but as a guy who are damn dumb in college players, I depend on you guys to educate me on what kind of players Bengals just draft. I learn alot of stuff from you guys every draft. example I have no idea who Ross and Mixon is before we draft them, but after draft I feel like I know them my whole life lol. 

before I join this site at 2003 I basically know nothing about Bengals player other than what I see on tv once or twice a year.

I totally get it.  We use to pack members in the joint on draft weekends and I loved it.
I really do need to get back into it, because I have always loved watching all the picks.
I love the college game and enjoy seeing what team the players end up with.

I'll see what I can do in 2019 to bring that back again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still know nothing about college players.  Half the time their success in college doesn't even translate to the nfl.  I pretty much wait until the draft. Then read about them as the draft is going.  

Hernandez is a juiced up diesel pulling tractor that just won a blue ribbon at the county fair.  Must draft.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know nothing about college players.   I like finding old draft write ups as much as I can and base my opinion on that. 

TV influences the “evaluations” as the draft experts transition from their evaluation to predictions of what teams will do.

That factor is 90% of the reason guys are seen as risers and fallers.

At one piont Price was considered the best Center.  Did the Bengals do a good job keeping their grade of him a secret or did they get robbed by Detroit? 

My guess is they did a good job keeping it a secret.   Ragnow never a bad prospect rose late as it appeared teams were interested in him as 1st rounder.  

3 years from now you’ll know who was worth what but that doesn’t drive ratings. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The grades for all three top Center s were very close...couldn't go wrong with any of the three...we will see if I was correct in my assessment that waiting til the second for the Center was correct if Daniels is gone by pick 5 in the second then I was wrong, if not then I was likely right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that speaks volumes to just how good this Center class was this year.  Seriously, 3 Centers could have gone in the first.
The Browns and Colts have 4 of the first 5 picks in the 2nd round, so who knows if they go o-line.
I could see the Browns trying to get Orlando Brown to pair up with Mayfield as well with Joe Thomas retiring.

It should be interesting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

I know nothing about college players.   I like finding old draft write ups as much as I can and base my opinion on that. 

TV influences the “evaluations” as the draft experts transition from their evaluation to predictions of what teams will do.

That factor is 90% of the reason guys are seen as risers and fallers.

At one piont Price was considered the best Center.  Did the Bengals do a good job keeping their grade of him a secret or did they get robbed by Detroit? 

My guess is they did a good job keeping it a secret.   Ragnow never a bad prospect rose late as it appeared teams were interested in him as 1st rounder.  

3 years from now you’ll know who was worth what but that doesn’t drive ratings. 

 

Totally agree. As mentioned, all 3 top centers were close in grade. I recall them saying Price can play all interior positions, so maybe that's the key... 

3 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, COB said:

I still know nothing about college players.  Half the time their success in college doesn't even translate to the nfl.  I pretty much wait until the draft. Then read about them as the draft is going.  

Hernandez is a juiced up diesel pulling tractor that just won a blue ribbon at the county fair.  Must draft.

He's my prediction for R2. Maybe I'll predict right. Maybe they take a WR. Ya never know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×