Just not feeling it

kingwilly

Anyone else had a big downturn in interest in the Bengals, and the NFL? 

I'm sick of this team and it's middling existence. I'm bored with a league that thinks treading water is a business model. Anyone else feel like me? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingwilly said:

I'm sick of this team and it's middling existence. I'm bored with a league that thinks treading water is a business model. Anyone else feel like me? 

You're not alone.

Bored to tears.  Nothing will change with this team.

Stopped watching even when I have nothing better to do and it has NOTHING to do with the protests.
It's just that I'm sick of this team, the coaches, front office, the league, everything.

They don't care, so why bother?  Seriously.
I love the Bengals and football.  I just don't care much anymore.

Fantasy football is great because I can root for players without caring much about a team or the outcome.
I only come here because of the guys that I've been here with forever, but that's even been much less recently.

Sad to say, but I could totally walk away from the NFL and the Bengals without much thought now.

not me, I still am very interest in Bengals and NFL. I will never be boring of it. you guys are allow the politics of NFL affect your enjoyment of NFL games.

yes Bengals sucks now but I still watch and cheer for Bengals no matter what. did you guys stop watch Bengals in 90's while their suckness era??? I didnt.

but yep I notice that about you guys. it is very unusual low amount of posts during season compare to past. I always love to come in here everyday and read new stuff you guys post and comment during season from whatever other sites. this year not much, example last night I come to check and last post was 16 hours before, I dont see that last year lol.

NFL football is a product to be consumed.  Nothing more, nothing less.  

Mike's refusal to change anything is akin to chevy making the same Tahoe, no changes, for 15 years.  Would anyone buy it?  Would anyone be interested in it?  Nope.  

Boring, losing football.  A head coach who can't conceal his disdain for the fans or the media.  A league that traffics in the banal, that shrouds everything in a jingoistic "patriotism" that is so unauthentic that it's own employees take a giant shit on it right on national tv.  We're seriously supposed to get excited about another great year for the Patriots?  Snore.  

We've seen it all before.  It's boring, and the ratings reflect that.

22 hours ago, kingwilly said:

I still watch each game via Gamepass and dress up in orange (as do the family) every Sunday, but we do  get down-heartened - not so much with the defeats but more in the manner of the defeats, the giving up stupidly big plays at critical times, not being able to stop a runner with the 1st, 2nd or even 3rd tackle, the not competing in games which end up being one-sided affairs. Fed up with positional coaches not being held accountable (looking at you Alexander) and HC not delivering the goods (Marvin)

Also I'm down-heartened with the NFL giving far too much protection to players. "Its a man's game", the players have padding, let them hit the shit outta each other ...please !

All that said, it'll be WHODEY on SUNDEY !!!

What was your favorite hair metal, pop band in the 80s?    Plenty to choose from.     So what would happen?     One of these bands would come up with a hit.    Bam Stardom.     What did you have to do?    Run out and by a cassette with 10 songs.    9 songs of crap just to get the hit.   You listened to the other 9 or some them because you didn't want to rewind/fast forward ALL the time.   Some people made mix tapes to avoid.   Some would pay for two sided single.  

But for the most part those other 9 songs, some of them you might have grown to love overtime.   Maybe even better than the hit.

Then comes the CD.    Even easier.

Then comes itunes.  

League is still trying to sell us the 9 songs up front when everyone has itunes.    Then they are tacking on a bunch of other crap.

Why consume it?  Why invest time?  Why pay for it? 

You find out everything important about a game in minutes afterwards.    If you want me to attend, reduce your price.   If you want me to watch then at least make your game as interesting as Storage Wars reruns without opinions. 

• Like 1

Great replies everyone. 

In my life, the politics are not a factor. I'm so busy a big problem is making time. Oldest son is on a highly ranked HS team that kicks off playoffs tonight. Middle son is heavy into basketball and youngest daughter is a social animal. 

I think the only reason I come around is to connect with you all. We'e been on this forum for a good long time (me since 2003), so I'm tied to you all like family. Football family. 

As hard as it is to root for this team, I will do so even as my life is exceedingly busy and the team is exceedingly crap. As hard as it all is, I'll make time to stay connected with my football family. 

Who Dey. 

• Like 1

Seems like we're all in about the same frame of mind.  But as I told Army a while back - I'd sure look at things differently if we were undefeated.  But that's part of the problem.  The NFL as configured right now, although seemingly committed to parity, has a few upper echelon teams that continue to dominate.  Year after year.  I'm tired of my team being the Washington Generals to the Steelers and Patriots Globetrotters operation.    

7 hours ago, Stripes said:

It's kind of amusing watching so many members of this forum, some who've been here well over a decade, become so completely bored of everything Cincinnati Bengals and/or the NFL.  If we can't care, nobody can care.

That is a scary thought for the NFL. Message boards are going have your biggest fans represented.

Team wide/league wide there has been similar dissatisfaction bantered about on message boards. 

So those not watching the game today (capable of doing so and not) what are you doing ??

Im planning another day blowing leaves out of my yard and picking up dog shit. I’m hoping to find a piece of shit that looks like someone famous so I can post it on eBay.  

I’ll keep you guys posted in case you’re interested.

• Haha 1

Lol hope you find that golden nugget Army.

The NFL is the biggest joke, all it is anymore is drama. Every week it's something new for fans to fight over, it's just stupid.

I don't remember baseball having this much drama!

Just not fun when you don't care anymore. I quit fantasy football the other year so I don't care about that either.

Maybe when the bengals make changes with the whole team including the coach I'll start to care again.

It's  much better for my blood pressure when this team tanks and I lose interest. I don't get worked up at all and just laugh at their ineptitude.  My wife also gets to inhabit the living room as I'm in a far better mood of a Sunday.

So thanks Mikey and Marv for increasing my life expectancy and improving my marriage. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2017 at 8:08 AM, ArmyBengal said:

So those not watching the game today (capable of doing so and not) what are you doing ??

Im planning another day blowing leaves out of my yard and picking up dog shit. I’m hoping to find a piece of shit that looks like someone famous so I can post it on eBay.  

I’ll keep you guys posted in case you’re interested.

Kids sports and then caught College basketball games in the late afternoon.     I really am trying to avoid mowing the lawn again until spring

4 hours ago, glasgowbengal said:

It's  much better for my blood pressure when this team tanks and I lose interest. I don't get worked up at all and just laugh at their ineptitude.  My wife also gets to inhabit the living room as I'm in a far better mood of a Sunday.

So thanks Mikey and Marv for increasing my life expectancy and improving my marriage. 

I'm the opposite.   I miss it.      I hate dead seasons like this.   No desire to follow/watch/attend.    I love when there's something on the line and getting all worked up about it. 

I would be knee deep in about 100 All-22 film reviews and soaking up other NFL action.