Sign in to follow this  
rwjcgc

Which kicker makes the team?

rwjcgc    8

I have a feeling they keep Elliott,  the kicker they drafted this year.   Not sure why though, the numbers this Preseason seem to support keeping Bullock.

COB    281

Bullock's numbers during previous seasons are probably being used as his benchmark along with his preseason kicks.  It would be very Bengalish to keep the draft pick even if the other guy looks better.  

I'm sure Chad Johnson would be up to get some more kicks in.

AMPHAR    136

I don't think they go wrong.  Bullock won the competition by all accounts but Elliot will be kicking in the league somewhere.

Didnt realize Bullock was a former 5th round draft pick. 

ArmyBengal    232

I remember when he was signed and there weren't many thrilled with him. I think he won the competition as well but minus Elliott screwing up massive, there wasn't much of a competition. He wasn't far from hitting that 60 yarder at the end of the game.  Again, they can control him for 4 years.

COB    281

Threw the draft pick away - stupid.  

This preseason competition was different for these two guys.  The vet was probably pretty comfortable, its like his 6th camp.  The rookie was dealing with everything being new, just a different game in the NFL vs college.  I hope this works out.

ArmyBengal    232

Can't say as I have looked to see the other players they could have taken from that pick in the 5th to their next but I'm guessing there would have been an intriguing player or two.

skyline    28

With Elliot making the practice squad, this is kind of the best of both worlds.  I'm happy.

In the end, though, it doesn't really matter.  All we're really deciding is which kicker is going to miss the game-winning field goal in the round 1 of the playoffs.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

ArmyBengal    232

Yeah I'm happy the lesser kicker they spent the higher draft pick on is sitting on the practice squad as well. I mean at least it wasn't a complete fuck up !!

AMPHAR    136

Perfect.   Bengals exit a game in which Bullock got zero chance to do anything and now the back up plan is gone.      Guess what is going to happen?    Bullock is who we thought he was.

ArmyBengal    232

Wow, who thought that situation was going to get worse ?? Laughable when thinking about how bad they messed up with that pick !!

COB    281
7 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Bullock is who we thought he was.

I want to crown him.  Should I crown him?  Not sure if I should crown him,

Stripes    162

Jake Elliot just won a game for Philly by hitting a 61 yard field goal as time expired.