Our O-line

combatbengal

Well, while there is certainly reason for concern I'm curious to see how this is going to turn out. Fisher and Boogie will be at their starting spots from day one. I'm also concerned about Big Dre at the OG spot, but you never know. The 2016 version of the o-line gave up 41 sacks with Whit and Z man.

While I expect problems, im not willing to call it a season in June. I'm left to wonder if they won't be waiting for cuts to maybe add some depth to the o-line.

4 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I'm left to wonder if they won't be waiting for cuts to maybe add some depth to the o-line.

Totally agree.  I'm wondering if all the rhetoric is a bit of smoke and mirrors and Alexander knows the limitations of the line and they'll add a vet. If not then that says it all and they go to war on a wing and a prayer.

Whilst I agree the season ain't over in June I think if we don't add something to the O-line then it could well be over by late October

The new rules that allows the teams to keep 90 players til the final cut downs will mean that we wont be able to look at cut lineman until its basically a week before games start, and given that the line needs to be a cohesive group that knows each other well, getting one from these now-very-late cuts will not be much help for the current season

Look out, boys, the savior has arrived!!!

The Cincinnati Bengals on Tuesday signed offensive lineman Cameron Lee to bring their roster to the 90-man limit heading into the start of training camp July 28.

The 6-foot-6, 320-pound Lee played in 39 games at guard and tackle during his four years at Illinois State, including starts in all 25 games as a junior and senior. He signed as an undrafted college free agent with New Orleans in May and was released June 15.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/bengals-sign-offensive-lineman-reach-man-roster-limit/rgco83RQjcyKd5MKdBFyfM/

S U P E R B O W L

Seriously though, sounds like this guy was one of their priority UDCFAs who simply choose to sign elsewhere initially.

Not sure why it took 12 days to bring him in, best guess is he doesn't want to play for the Bengals and took some time to see if there were any other opportunities elsewhere - and there weren't. Better to play for the Bengals than not play at all? Dunno.

If I was an OL and was looking for a team with a weak OL to give me the best chance to make the team, the Bengals would be very, very high on my list

34 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

If I was an OL and was looking for a team with a weak OL to give me the best chance to make the team, the Bengals would be very, very high on my list

Top o' the tree I'd say

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Red House kicks ass again, gets his guy a nice fat extension, now dude will be 28 and get his 3rd deal.  That is just a different world, a different century, than the one Mike lives in.  

1 hour ago, TJJackson said:

Raiders letting go a starting OT from last year - please please please bring him in for a look-see

Sorry TJ, they aren't bringing anyone in. Mike has already taken all the rest of the cap money, stuffed it in mason jars and buried it in his backyard.

5 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

...l the rest of the cap money, stuffed it in mason jars and buried it in his backyard.

Larger towel fund, injury settlement cash, Christmas party smorgasbord fund, trunk-full-of-Gatorade fund, replacement vertical hold buttons for the CRT tvs in the luxury suites, etc.

And as always, the Rookie Pool.  It looms.