Our O-line

combatbengal

Not on topic, but I just saw a news story about Andy's high school in Katy, Texas.  They just built a 75 million dollar football stadium.  It looks like a college stadium.  Mike will be relieved to know that it has luxury suites so they can maximize revenue.  

just focused on the first drive.    Solid performance by the o-line so far. 

A lot of power blocking from counter trey actions.   Good protection.      Fisher and Ced had 1 instance each of questionable protection but didn't result/factor into the play. 

Might review the other first half drives later.     Hopkins whiffed on a block for a no gain once in the running game. 

2nd drive not so solid,   short gain Bodine beat by NT.    Sack on  a Play Action Pass.    KC looks to bring the house really only brings 4.   Hopkins late on MLB coming up the middle.   Then no rotation on number #97 as he comes on a stunt right up the middle after #53.   Runs right past Fisher.   Not sure who is supposed to switch but Bengals end up with 3 guys blocking 1 guy on both ends of the line.

Clear miscommunication and failure to recognize stunt.

3rd down.  Quick throw to Mixon.   Hopkins late on the Block, Mixon breaks tackles and gains about 15 yards.

From what I've seen in Ceds play, he is going to get beat more often than average against speed+power rushers this year.  But he looks to be in great shape for the type of running game the Team has shown so far.  So does Fisher and the rest for that matter.

Harder to see how Fisher is doing as a pass blocker but I've caught him atleast a couple times not forming the the horseshoe we'd all like to see.  The pulling he and Ced or trap downs etc have looked good for running.  Would like to see Fisher and Ced in more power straight up block your man plays in short yeardage and goal line before I give them too much credit.

I have to reserve judgement on all things o-line until they start stacking up regular season performances.     My microscope is so focused on them right now it's easy to over hype the things they've done well and be over critical of the things that have gone wrong in the preseason.     Like many have said prior to the preseason the offensive line is the make or break unit of this season.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 3:56 PM, AMPHAR said:

2nd drive not so solid,   short gain Bodine beat by NT.    Sack on  a Play Action Pass.    KC looks to bring the house really only brings 4.   Hopkins late on MLB coming up the middle.   Then no rotation on number #97 as he comes on a stunt right up the middle after #53.   Runs right past Fisher.   Not sure who is supposed to switch but Bengals end up with 3 guys blocking 1 guy on both ends of the line.

Clear miscommunication and failure to recognize stunt.

3rd down.  Quick throw to Mixon.   Hopkins late on the Block, Mixon breaks tackles and gains about 15 yards.

Just an update:

A Cincy Jungle writer put the blame of that sack on Dalton.  Claiming he had them in the wrong protection.   Not sure how accurate that is, but whatevs.

Winston showed up on a list i read somewhere of vets most likely to get cut.  He was first on that list.  If he goes, i think he could hook up somewhere else just as vet insurance.  Pretty bright guy, not ready for the CTE ranch just yet, in my opinion.

Best HGH face in the league.