How messed up is FA now

volcom69

So looking at this draft, the bengals screwed up big time in FA. They should have paid Whit and Zietler to stay, if they are going to draft the guys they did this weekend.

I would feel so much better about this team, with those two guys here, and not paying guys like Laffel to stay. 

So all this talent on this team with an O-Line that can't protect worth a shit, or open up running holes will do our new stars no good! 

Disappointing FA Bengals I wish you would learn how to do that for once!

Yup. They screwed up this year by not keeping at least one of Whit or KZ, same way they botched it with Jones and Sanu the year before. All we can do is hope some of the oline guys step up. I'm cautiously optimistic about Fisher. Hopefully Westerman lives up to the hype. Moobs can play, it's just staying healthy that's an issue. No faith in Ced though. I wouldn't be surprised to see them add another vet, a la Richmond Webb back in 01.

Could be right.   Either way the entire offensive coaching has no excuse.

The are putting on the o-line two guys that were "graded" higher than any tackle in this draft supposedly.

No excuse, IMO.   They gained yards last year and couldn't put the ball in the endzone and now have added more talent.

special teams also receives a bump.  I would set the bar at 26 points average per game.   

If not, somebody fuckin up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redsbengalsbucks said:

I see a drop in points, no way the Whit and Zeitler replacements play up to the same level 

leaving no time for dalton and no lanes for any of the RBs

hope I'm wrong

You're not.

11 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Amphar, I am not sure we watched the same two OLs in 2016

Have you watched Oogie Boogie and Jeffro, uhm, "play"?

Don't care.  You pay a coach to figure shit out.  They now have a ton of "drafted praised" talent. 

No excuse not to put points on the board.  

Coach 1: like that guy Amphar wrote on BZ, we need to figure some shit out

Coach 2: You mean with Oogie and Jeffro?

Coach 1: Yeah, we get paid well to figure this shit out

Coach 2: well, I have it figured out - they suck, they couldnt block TJs dead gramma

Coach 1: who's TJ?

Coach 2: another guy over on BZ. Fairly unintelligent, likes linemen but not the ones we select, hates Gizzle

Coach 1: oh, thats right.  anyway, what do you figure?

Coach 2: I figure you and I should save as much of our salary as possible since Oogie and Jeffro are gonna get us fired

Coach 1: sounds good.  glad we figured this shit out.

4 hours ago, TJJackson said:

Coach 1: like that guy Amphar wrote on BZ, we need to figure some shit out

Coach 2: You mean with Oogie and Jeffro?

Coach 1: Yeah, we get paid well to figure this shit out

Coach 2: well, I have it figured out - they suck, they couldnt block TJs dead gramma

Coach 1: who's TJ?

Coach 2: another guy over on BZ. Fairly unintelligent, likes linemen but not the ones we select, hates Gizzle

Coach 1: oh, thats right.  anyway, what do you figure?

Coach 2: I figure you and I should save as much of our salary as possible since Oogie and Jeffro are gonna get us fired

Coach 1: sounds good.  glad we figured this shit out.

Your gramma has made a reappearance here in the zone, and I am thrilled about it.

The situation is what it is, we can't change that, Whit and KZ are gone and they ain't coming back. Let's move on.

There's still an opportunity to pick up some vet that gets cut along the way. By the time the season starts Ooglie and Fisher will have had nearly 9 months more with their noses in the books, talking to coaches, watching tape, getting to understand their role ......I know i'm clutching for positives here but we gotta play the hand we're dealt despite the gnashing of teeth because of the dealer!  

Ooglie has got to improve, he can't get any worse ....even Marshall Newhouse got a Superbowl ring so there's hope for everyone surely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottishbengal said:

The situation is what it is, we can't change that, Whit and KZ are gone and they ain't coming back. Let's move on.

There's still an opportunity to pick up some vet that gets cut along the way. By the time the season starts Ooglie and Fisher will have had nearly 9 months more with their noses in the books, talking to coaches, watching tape, getting to understand their role ......I know i'm clutching for positives here but we gotta play the hand we're dealt despite the gnashing of teeth because of the dealer!  

Ooglie has got to improve, he can't get any worse ....even Marshall Newhouse got a Superbowl ring so there's hope for everyone surely.

Look at Paul Alexanders projects how many actually get better? The guy has gotten by with already developed players never has been known for coaching them up....That's the one reason I'm glad mike Brown wont pay interior linemen so we didn't keep Stacey or Nate livings any longer....Yet I hate it at same time letting stein,Manthis & Zeitler go

21 minutes ago, Kazkal said:

Look at Paul Alexanders projects how many actually get better? The guy has gotten by with already developed players never has been known for coaching them up....

That's why I said I was clutching at positives

One of my favorite pickups this draft

UDFA Landon Lechler OT

Large, wide-bodied blocker best in a small area. Sets with a wide base, stays square and keeps defenders in front of him. Fires off the snap into blocks, quickly reaches the second level and effectively gets his hands into defenders then steers them from the action. Anchors in pass protection and shows the ability to control opponents at the point of attack.

15 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

With so many draft picks, I can't really say any of these UDFA's have much of a shot this year.
None have me anywhere near "glad we got him !!"

Tough to find room on the roster for any UDFA this year.

Which leads me to an uncomfortable truth about the NFL.  A large percentage of these undrafted "free agents" are basically kids who are willing to allow themselves to be pulled into this huge machine and be super cheap practice players for a couple months.  They really are like sparring partners in boxing.  Nothing more, nothing less.  As Hoosier would write, "camp bodies."  

• Like 1

If any year there's a chance for a UDFA to make it as an offensive lineman, it's got to be this year.  Surely one of those dudes can outplay the backups on the team who couldn't beat out Ogbuehi or Bodine.  I'm being nicer to Fisher than he deserves though.

We know they aren't cutting Ogbuehi or Fisher yet... Bodine 99% sure plays out his contract