4th Round #1: Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn

HoosierCat

8 hours ago, GapControl said:

Obviously the team is ready to go to war with Ogbuehi at LT... I just thought that between free agency and 11 picks, we would have either already signed someone (we didnt) or taken a day 1 or 2 guy as insurance and to battle Ced in camp.

Maybe the rest of the picks can be used to somehow swing a trade for a player already starting in the NFL or just used to take as many OL project boom or bust guys as possible.

maybe it happens on cut down day.  I just can't be convinced they'll go with Ced at LT and some unproven backup behind him.

Even drafting anything but a pure project is an admission of their mistake and we know they don't confront mistakes until they've fully imploded. 

We will see Ced at LT come hell or high water. Hoping Dalton isn't concussed in process. 

I have no followed the draft this year, but from everyone on Twitter it seems like the bengals are kicking ass this draft.

I will wait to get my hopes up though, I thought they kicked ass in other drafts as well, and now we see it has not been that bad. 

Just think we have yet to see Billings on the field, and I'm excited to see him as well. Lots of exciting guys to watch.

Lawson is interesting.  The sort of under-sized edge guys they're picking are different than the past.  I know teams basically play in a 3-4 most of the time now any ways, it seems they're looking for more quickness upfront on the edges (something they sorely lack now).  No idea if this guy can stay healthy, it seems the IR might be busy again this year, hopefully not.

Looks like they're playing the numbers game with DE's/DT's, hoping one or two pan out. 

I just don't get the lack of urgency on the o-line, their mid-round o-line picks never pan out, so that ship has sailed.

40 minutes ago, COB said:

Possibly they'll sign a serviceable vet.  Another serviceable vet ala Winston.  They need help and they're acting like they don't.

They did don't you remember Andre Smith, in fact you might find him sitting next to Eifert, Ross, Dennard, you know all those guys that have boo boos! 

• 1 month later...

Lawson getting good reviews in shorts. We'll see if it holds up this fall.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Dalton-gets-spring-check-Lawson-draws-raves/1085f1ee-b0b3-4474-8441-166b0c908164

Oh, also Dalton can now throw the ball 5,000 miles and is being studied by the US military as a possible anti ballistic missile weapon, or something.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I was really excited about getting Lawson in the 4th round and then the news came about switching him to LB. That single handedly took all the excitement and flushed it. They simple suck at moving players from the position they played in college.

According to Hobs he played some LB in college, too.

On 6/4/2017 at 5:42 PM, BengalszoneBilly said:

Shit. This team needs a head coach to do his damn job.

Marvin's flaws as a head coach have not gone away.  He hasn't even improved in some of the problem areas.  He is what he is.  A decent head coach who, when the lights get turned up, is a bit out of his depth.  He just can't figure shit  out.

• Like 1