Draft Pick Watch

HoosierCat

Not much help today. The loss means the don't drop, but they will now climb back at least one notch to 11 because whoever wins the AZ-NO game will move past them. Wins by SD and Carolina would also benefit them. But it looks like the best they can do after this weekend is 9.

Oh, and at this point they're locked out of the top three.

I was really hoping for a top 5 pick, but NOOOOOOOO, anything but that.

When I look back at the 2016 season, I will be left with the warm feeling when playoff hope was still alive after consecutive wins over Philly and Cleveland.
Yep, those two wins will keep me warm and happy all winter basking in the glory of it all.

MOTHERF*CK !!!

The lines on both sides of the ball are a mess, if we address the lines then what we already have may not be too bad.

Dalton can play and has proved it this year even with a porous o-line.

Green is a stud, Lafell standing out lately. Core, Boyd, Erickson all have potential as does Wright although he should be showing it more by now.

Eifert and Uzomah have proved their worth as receiving threats, Hewitt is a beast at HB.

Hill CAN run if the line opens up running lanes. Gio can get yardage as can Burkhead and both can catch.

We're yet to see what Billings and Hardison can add to the rotation and Hunt has improved although probably not as much as anyone (including himself) would have liked.Brandon Thompson was missed.

Linebackers are thin behind Burfict and Maualuga

The Safeties look quite solid, Iloka and Williams backed up by an improving Fiddlydiddlydo'em

CBs we've got Pacman, Dennard, Kirkpatrick, Shaw, Jackson, 

So, I'm firmly, definitely, totally in the "Gimme a lineman" club.

Oh, and while you're at it a new HC and O-line coach too.

I had responded with a position by position break down with my thoughts in each area.

Then I was reminded that there have been no coaching moves to this point.
ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to give my opinion about the players without knowing about the coaches.

I feel there are questions with some of the players for sure, but this season is more on the coaches than most I can recall.
When and/or if there are coaching changes made, i'll be more concerned about who is wearing the uniform.
Until then, the expected outcome should be no different than what we've seen this year.

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

but this season is more on the coaches than most I can recall.

That is so true.  They stuck with a right tackle who was almost getting our quarterback killed.  When they finally run someone else at right tackle, suddenly the offense can move the ball a little.  Too late, they'd already lost a crapload of games.  They refused to play Burkhead until forced to do so by injury.  When he finally gets in, he's productive and an improvement.  Stuck with a kicker who cost them points and a game.  Enough of Marvin already,  Even his longtime defenders, and I am included in that group, have come to the realization that it's over for Marvin.  Another year is just prolonging the agony, delaying the inevitable, and putting our new regime and possible improvement one more year down the road.  

• Like 1

The 8-15 draft spots will provide some great offseason fun.   They'll be in play for potential trades if the QBs fall.   They'll be in prime spots for the drafts best 2 running backs,  do they choose that route?     Peppers from Michigan will be an interesting discussion about what he is on the NFL level and if he's worth that high a pick.

28 minutes ago, COB said:

That is so true.  They stuck with a right tackle who was almost getting our quarterback killed.  When they finally run someone else at right tackle, suddenly the offense can move the ball a little.  Too late, they'd already lost a crapload of games.  They refused to play Burkhead until forced to do so by injury.  When he finally gets in, he's productive and an improvement.  Stuck with a kicker who cost them points and a game.  Enough of Marvin already,  Even his longtime defenders, and I am included in that group, have come to the realization that it's over for Marvin.  Another year is just prolonging the agony, delaying the inevitable, and putting our new regime and possible improvement one more year down the road.  

No doubt.   There's so much depth to the failure at RT and it's all coaching mistakes.    They let that problem go on for too long with a slight cure sitting on the bench.    It's also possible to run a NFL offense by helping a tackle out.

Whit has just turned 35, Winston 33 ....with Fisher being used as a TE clown and Oogliebooglie just an outright clown we need to draft a O-lineman ......or give Marshall Newhouse a call for an immediate upgrade

• Like 1

DE has to be a high priority for this team and then they need to hope Billings comes back from his injury and is a large improvement to anyone else.
Improving the pass rush is massive in my estimate.  The LB's are a close second on the defensive side of the ball.
I also think there are too many questions at CB.  Pacman is not worth it.  Do they pay Dre?  Will WJ3 be healthy? Can Dennard start?
With all these first round CB's, you would think these questions would have already been answered.

On offense, yes, they need to draft another OT.  While I would like another Center, Bodine isn't going anywhere.
If Zeitler leaves, they better hope Westerman can fill those shoes.  OG would also become a draft need if that happens as well.

RB and WR are also still needs in my opinion.
When will Bernard be healthy enough to return?  Hill seems to lack vision, but I don't see him going anywhere either.
As much as I like some of the young WR's, LaFell is currently the #2 and they still lack at getting separation.  Brutal when the o-line doesn't give enough time.

So maybe:
DE, OT, LB, OG, RB, WR
A couple of those need to be addressed twice.

Considering they should be getting 3-4 comp picks and them being tradable, I'm hoping for some creativity.
That's like hoping i'll suddenly be 6 foot tall when I wake up tomorrow though, so there's that.

17 hours ago, COB said:

High five. 

And, as a Bengals fan, he's killing my desire to root for this team. I just can't take it anymore. 

16 hours ago, Scottishbengal said:

Whit has just turned 35, Winston 33 ....with Fisher being used as a TE clown and Oogliebooglie just an outright clown we need to draft a O-lineman ......or give Marshall Newhouse a call for an immediate upgrade

Right now it's appearing to be a light year for first round Offensive lineman.   The mocks have 3-5 offensive lineman going first and none in the top 10 and most late round interior line. 

Really going to be a fun offseason draft speculation for the Bengals going off the mock drafts.  There's some good CBs (I can hear the groans already)  Some good LBs (but they said they don't value 4-3 Lbs)  Some good RBs and some good DEs.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

High five. 

And, as a Bengals fan, he's killing my desire to root for this team. I just can't take it anymore. 

Yep and it's also making football not fun to watch anymore. 

Until they bring someone new in, hopefully with some excitement, then there really is no point in caring about watching this team! 

Here's how it looks after last weekend.

Bengals currently pick 10th. They have the same record as the Cardinals, but the Cards get the 9 spot based on SoS. Were this the real draft the two teams would switch spots every round.

At this point the worst the Bengals could be is 5-10-1 and the best the Bears (now 4th) could be is 5-11, so the highest the Bengals could mathematically climb is 5th. The best they could be is 7-8-1, so the lowest they could pick is 16th. I haven't looked at who plays who the last two weeks so the range could be a bit tighter but that's the gist at the moment.