2016 Bengals Free Agents

HoosierCat

I'm of two minds about Sanu. OTOH when injuries took out Eifert and Jones in 2014 he had a chance to step up to No. 2 and couldn't do it. He couldn't get separation and couldn't get open against top-tier defenders. So if he's just a slot guy that's not too hard to replace.

OTOH if Green and Eifert are healthy they will draw the coverage and that should put him up against less capable coverage. And he does know the system and Dalton. But is that worth the reported $7 million a year? That's hard to justify.

Honestly, the Falcons are fricking crazy.  I love Mo Sanu, but he's just a guy who is sort of jack of all trades, master of none.  Run him on a gadget play, he can break a corner's tackle.  Scheme him into single coverage with a linebacker and he may or may not get open.  Depends on the linebacker.  Good for him to get this kind of payday, I bet when he got drafted he never in his wildest dreams thought he'd pull down this much cash.