2014 Season Predictions

Stripes

With all of the offseason and preseason complete, where do you feel the Bengals will finish in the standings this year and with how many victories?

There is no wrong answer, they're all wild-ass guesses.

Here's the schedule for reference:

@ Baltimore

vs. Atlanta

vs. Tennessee

@ New England

vs. Carolina

@ Indianapolis

vs. Baltimore

vs. Jacksonville

vs. Cleveland

@ New Orleans

@ Houston

@ Tampa Bay

vs. Pittsburgh

@ Cleveland

vs. Denver

@ Pittsburgh

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wild-ass guess:

W - @ Baltimore

W - vs. Atlanta

W - vs. Tennessee

L - @ New England

W - vs. Carolina

L - @ Indianapolis

W - vs. Baltimore

W - vs. Jacksonville

W - vs. Cleveland

W - @ New Orleans

L - @ Houston

W - @ Tampa Bay

W - vs. Pittsburgh

W - @ Cleveland

L - vs. Denver

W - @ Pittsburgh

12-4 (7-1 at home, 5-3 on the road, 6-0 in the division). Balls to the wall. I've never predicted a record this high. I'm probably an idiot.

That'd cleanly win the division and probably a 2nd seed.

@ Baltimore L

vs. Atlanta W

vs. Tennessee W

@ New England L

vs. Carolina W

@ Indianapolis L

vs. Baltimore W

vs. Jacksonville W

vs. Cleveland W

@ New Orleans L

@ Houston W

@ Tampa Bay L

vs. Pittsburgh W

@ Cleveland W

vs. Denver L

@ Pittsburgh W

10-6 and winning the division on a tiebreaker against the Ravens that get the wildcard at 10-6 also.

@ Baltimore- W Everything in my being says that they lose this game. However, I'm picking them to squeek out a close one by 3 points.

vs. Atlanta- L

vs. Tennessee- W

@ New England- L

vs. Carolina- W

@ Indianapolis- W

vs. Baltimore- W

vs. Jacksonville- W

vs. Cleveland- W

@ New Orleans- L

@ Houston- L

@ Tampa Bay- W

vs. Pittsburgh- W

@ Cleveland- L

vs. Denver- W

@ Pittsburgh- L

10-6 sounds about right. The floor is 8-8. The ceiling is 12-4. The home schedule is favorable. The road schedule is tough. I would be much more suprised with 8-8 than I would 12-4.

I've changed my tune quite a bit since the offseason. I've been hovering around 8-8 and 9-7. However, as I have previously mentioned Jeremy Hill is a beast. Hue and Hill will be the difference this season. I'm not sure if they win the AFCN. I do see a WC.

After the SD game, in my inconsolable misery, I felt the coming tide of the 7-9 disaster. I've since settled down though and looked at the team more objectively (especially Dalton), and the closer we get to the real games the better I feel.

Game 1 in Baltimore will say a lot, in my opinion.

After the SD game, in my inconsolable misery, I felt the coming tide of the 7-9 disaster. I've since settled down though and looked at the team more objectively (especially Dalton), and the closer we get to the real games the better I feel.

Game 1 in Baltimore will say a lot, in my opinion.

No truer words have been spoken.

@ Baltimore - L

vs. Atlanta - W

vs. Tennessee - W

@ New England - L

vs. Carolina - W

@ Indianapolis - W

vs. Baltimore - L

vs. Jacksonville - L

vs. Cleveland - L

@ New Orleans - L

@ Houston - L

@ Tampa Bay - W

vs. Pittsburgh - W

@ Cleveland - W

vs. Denver - W

@ Pittsburgh - W

I see 9-7 with a few really good wins - and crushing losses - mixed in. I handed them losses to Jacksonville and Cleveland because I'm speculating those teams will be starting thier rookie QBs around then and for whatever reason this team always seems to struggle with rookie QBs. Especially if one of them is Blake Bortles, who I think is going to be really good. They make the playoffs once again as a wildcard team.

@ Baltimore - L

vs. Atlanta - W

vs. Tennessee - W

@ New England - L

vs. Carolina - W

@ Indianapolis - W

vs. Baltimore - L

vs. Jacksonville - L

vs. Cleveland - L

@ New Orleans - L

@ Houston - L

@ Tampa Bay - W

vs. Pittsburgh - W

@ Cleveland - W

vs. Denver - W

@ Pittsburgh - W

I see 9-7 with a few really good wins - and crushing losses - mixed in. I handed them losses to Jacksonville and Cleveland because I'm speculating those teams will be starting thier rookie QBs around then and for whatever reason this team always seems to struggle with rookie QBs. Especially if one of them is Blake Bortles, who I think is going to be really good. They make the playoffs once again as a wildcard team.

Ooof. 3 home losses in a row? I don't see that happening but do agree with you that each year they lose a couple they really shouldn't and win 1 or 2 that suprise.

@ Baltimore - L

vs. Atlanta - W

vs. Tennessee - W

@ New England - L

vs. Carolina - W

@ Indianapolis - W

vs. Baltimore - L

vs. Jacksonville - L

vs. Cleveland - L

@ New Orleans - L

@ Houston - L

@ Tampa Bay - W

vs. Pittsburgh - W

@ Cleveland - W

vs. Denver - W

@ Pittsburgh - W

Ooof. 3 home losses in a row? I don't see that happening but do agree with you that each year they lose a couple they really shouldn't and win 1 or 2 that suprise.

I agree that would be devastating around these parts. However, should such dark times come this season, it may be nice to look back and remember the big picture - that this team has solid guys who can rally spectacularly and win games they're not "supposed" to win on the heels of those bad losses.

I think that's why I feel the way I do about 11 wins.

I think the team becomes more consistent and they stop losing the games they should be winning.

In other words, I don't see them losing a game like the bears opener last season or to the Browns for that matter.

They lost two overtime games on the road last year to the Dolphins and Ravens as well.

This team is NOT an 8-8 team by any stretch, minus a word I dare not utter at this point in the season.

Exactly. Big injuries and they still finished 11-5.

They get those guys back and add more to the roster.

I guess you could twist this in another direction, but they were two OT losses from being 13-3.

Add in the opener against the Bears that Maualuga handed them and there's that to consider.

Again, how this team could be viewed as an 8-8 squad makes me laugh.

MJ and Collins leaving won't be felt as much as some want to make it.

I wanted Zimmer to stay, but like Guenther a lot. Hue is an upgrade in my book.

If someone wants to give those losses more worth, that's fine, but I don't see it.

OK - that works out at 9-7, i'm a wee bit surprised as i would probably have leant towards 10-6 or 11-5, but hey what do I know i'm just wild-ass guessing these results laugh.gif

8-8. New coordinators on both sides of the ball. Both starting tackles are showing inability to stay healthy, and we have an offense built around a qb who needs a clean pocket. I hope I'm wrong, as I'd love a division championship and another playoff appearance.

19-0 Super Bowl Champs. Andy Dalton throws for eleventy billion yards with 300 TDs. The heads of sports "journalists" everywhere explode. Mike Brown moons Florio on live TV, punches him in the face and tea bags him while he lays on the ground with a broken nose. Hoosier is anointed King of Sizzler and gets free shoe leather, I mean steaks, for life. And I (Ted) get my job back and stop hanging around with carnies.

Seriously though, I'm thinking 10-6, or maybe even 11-5. It depends on how clean the OL can keep Dalton.