And It Just Gets Better for Browns Fans

HoosierCat

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Against who? 

You don't really want to know the answer to that, do you?

JK, I doubt we could lose to them.

they could beat Detroit and the Bears.  I just think someone will take them very lightly and not show up.

1 hour ago, COB said:

You don't really want to know the answer to that, do you?

JK, I doubt we could lose to them.

they could beat Detroit and the Bears.  I just think someone will take them very lightly and not show up.

I got them pegged for Oh for 2017.

• 1 month later...

Sashi Brown got fired for being a Harvard grad and for mixing up running a football team with running a baseball team.  

Some NFL lifer named John Dorsey decided to take the job.  Pretty sure he wrote his college thesis on what a great idea New Coke was.  If he can block out everything that stupid truck-stop heir says, maybe he can win a couple games before he gets fired.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2018 at 11:52 PM, ArmyBengal said:

He did start for us last year. As happy as I am to see him gone, I don’t doubt that he can still contribute.

As a punt returner - sure, can see that (will eventually get hurt doing that FT though I'm guessing).  As a reliable CB at this point? He was pretty terrible the last 2 seasons.

I honestly don't know why anyone would want anything to do with that idiot at this point, not worth the trouble or time.

• 2 months later...

Damn, northern Ohio media are pounding the drums for Hue Jackson to get fired.  

It probably should happen.  He looks about as clueless as Marvin when it comes to game coaching.  Also reports are out about what a complete lack of discipline exists on the Browns.  Easy to believe.  Jackson’s big claim to fame here was that he coached a supposedly Uncoachable player, Chad, into being an all pro.    But what he also did was create an atmosphere in which chad felt entitled to be completely selfish 24/7 with no repercussions, ever.

25 minutes ago, COB said:

Hue fired.  No word on who the new guy will be.

Dont want Hue back in Cincinnati.   Nothing against him, he’s just too much of a players coach.  

The offense was best when Hue was running it, he makes a great coordinator. I'm sure he will be back very soon

• 4 months later...

The Browns are up to something.  Lots of noise on social media about Dorsey being a silent assassin, blah blah blah.  Seems like it could be Le’veon Bell getting signed there.  Brilliant to run it down Pittsburgh’s throat with their own unhappy running back.  But since the Browns already have a very good, young, running back on his rookie deal, and since Bell will likely wreak havoc with team chemistry, I’m not sure this is the right move, or the move Dorsey is making.  

• 2 weeks later...

People have and will continue to argue about what the Browns have done, but if you are a Browns fan, you have to be delighted to see the type of moves they have made.

The question is will all the pieces work well together ?? 
On the defensive side of things, I like the moves they made and think that front 4 really makes things hard on offenses.
On the offense, they paired college teammates in OBJ and Landry back together with Chubb and Hunt in the backfield.

I think they put themselves in a position to win the AFCN crown this season when looking at what little the other teams did this offseason.

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Could the underperforming Browns change coaches after this season? And if they do, could their new coach be...MARVIN!?!?!?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/10/21/20923744/marvin-lewis-gaining-serious-consideration-nfl-head-coaching-vacancies

I am already preparing myself for the emotions that will come when Marvin Lewis wins a playoff game.  For the Browns.

If the universe is particularly cruel, he'll win it against the Bengals.  Thankfully a Bengals playoff appearance may need more than an act of god in the near future.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Haslam sucks as an owner.  He also sucks at running the chain of truck stops his dad built and handed to him.  That’s another story, involving federal crimes, payoffs, and naked lady silhouette mud flaps.

The simple truth is complete failure as an owner, Mike Brown, went 36-76 his first seven seasons as owner.   Jimmy Haslam went 28-83-1 during his first 7 years.  He sucks worse than Mike.  Go crawl in a hole, Haslam, you’re terrible.

• Like 1