The 2011 Cincinnati Bengals are going to the playoffs

Stripes

I hate going in like this, yea they are going to the playoffs i never would have thought it, but im still pissed!!! This team could have gotten to the playoffs with a win, take care of business and they cant, and at home non the less. So yea there going into the playoffs, but in the worst way. I dont know what it is with a Marvin Lewis coached team in big games, but its about time they do something!

I don't give a s**t how they got there, just that they got there. I honestly don't understand how anyone can be disappointed with the manner of a playoff appearance. Given this franchise's history, and the expectations for this season going in, the playoffs are a frickin' delight and I am thrilled.

Playoffs are playoffs. You can win your last nine games to get in, you can lose your last 8 games and get in. And everything in between is possible. I'll enthusiastically take it.

3 teams from the AFC North, toughest division in football and second toughest isn't even close.

I don't give a s**t how they got there, just that they got there. I honestly don't understand how anyone can be disappointed with the manner of a playoff appearance. Given this franchise's history, and the expectations for this season going in, the playoffs are a frickin' delight and I am thrilled.

Trust me im happy about the playoffs, what im disappointed about is how in all these big games for years now under Marvin they have not won. Today we all knew it was about stopping Rice and what did he do ran all over this defense. When is a Marvin team going to win these games.

If they win next week, all will be forgotten LOL LOL.

Hard to be excited after todays game but I will take it. Congratulations Bengals, I picked you to win 2 games. Happy to be wrong.

I have to include myself here. I never expected this.

Me as well

I'll add that my playoff expectations are low, and I wont be disappointed if they lose game 1.....but by simply getting to this game, they've far exceeded my wildest expectations

Should they happen to advance, that'll just be gravy

Playoffs are playoffs. You can win your last nine games to get in, you can lose your last 8 games and get in. And everything in between is possible. I'll enthusiastically take it.

3 teams from the AFC North, toughest division in football and second toughest isn't even close.

Agreed. 0-4 against two of the top teams in the league and 9-3 against the rest of the schedule with close loses to Houston, SF and Denver.

Once the playoffs start no one will remember the circumstances.

Seriously IMO rice didn't run all over us he broke 2 big runs and that was it take that away and he was lucky to make 80 yards. Ray malaluga fails to plug his gap twice and that's what happened. Also the refs were in the ravens pocket again but I am so overjoyed we are in the playoffs never in my wildest dreams did I expect this no matter what happens from now on I am proud of this team.

Congrat to our Bengals for making the playoffs !!!

What's that you say ?? They backed into it ??

Well excuse the f*ck out of me for being overjoyed at backing into the playoffs.

I wonder how the Jets, Chargers, and Raiders are feeling today ??

F*CKING F*CK YEAH BITCHES !!!

I'm really happy for these guys !!!

Here's a quote from CBSSportsline:

The Bengals inability to put together a complete game continues to doom them as they finish the regular season 1-7 against teams with winning records. However, at the end of the day, none of what happened at Paul Brown Stadium mattered as Cincinnati made the playoffs anyway. Regardless of how, for the youngest team in the AFC that opened the year with zero expectations to be playing in the postseason overshadows any disappointment on Sunday.

We need a win over Houston next Saturday, and I believe we can get that one.

Agreed. 0-4 against two of the top teams in the league and 9-3 against the rest of the schedule with close loses to Houston, SF and Denver.

Once the playoffs start no one will remember the circumstances.

Even if we'd have won all three of those close ones, we'd still be 12-4 and the #6 seed. Interesting that it fell like that