Ravens @ Bengals pregame chatter

Stripes

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the deal with central Ohio getting this TBA bulls**t? I think they have shown every Bengals game to this point. It should be a no-brainer.

This can't be happening. Logic and reason dictate that you broadcast this game in central Ohio, and I expect they will come around to our way of thinking and show the game.

We've achieved the first phase of proving Bengals fans aren't collectively terrible

In a development that for a few "fan = ass-in-seat-only" folks here means will become a fan for the very first time on Sunday......I will be at the game with my brother

In a development sure to bemuse Hair and some others, I was given this tickets for free because the person who had them could not go and decided to offer them to me

So - win win - my ass in a seat (for the first time ever) and no additional money to line SoaG's coffers - and yes, by this I also mean I won't be using the concessions or paid parking either

Looking forward to it :-)

We've achieved the first phase of proving Bengals fans aren't collectively terrible

In a development that for a few "fan = ass-in-seat-only" folks here means will become a fan for the very first time on Sunday......I will be at the game with my brother

In a development sure to bemuse Hair and some others, I was given this tickets for free because the person who had them could not go and decided to offer them to me

So - win win - my ass in a seat (for the first time ever) and no additional money to line SoaG's coffers - and yes, by this I also mean I won't be using the concessions or paid parking either

Looking forward to it :-)

Glad to hear it, TJJ. Despite your stance on this issue and how strongly I disagree with it, I do at least know that you care about the team and have little doubt that you'll make some noise for the defense on third down. I hope you enjoy the experience, win or lose.

Thrilled it sold out. One step toward not being the worst fans in the nfl.

I'm not a big Gregg Doyel fan but he knows the plight of Bengal fans:

Don't you dare question the loyalty of a Bengals fan.

These fans, this whole town, is in a terrible spot right now. On the one hand, they've already decided Mike Brown doesn't deserve our love. That's not the kind of decision you make lightly, but it's the decision that has been made around here. For years Brown has filled the front office with relatives and in-laws, as if marrying into the Brown family makes you a football expert, while installing himself as general manager. But as owner he has refused to give his team the resources to win -- the scouting department is a joke, and the Bengals are the northern-most franchise without an indoor practice facility -- and at some point over the last year his unrelenting incompetence finally broke his fans.

They're gone, and they might not be coming back. Not without major changes, starting with this one: Someone else running the football operations. As long as Mike Brown is hiring coaches, running the draft, wooing free agents, treating his team like a toy -- picture a 4-year-old pounding away on his plastic piano -- fans around here aren't coming back. They have more pride than that...

And for that, fans are supposed to forget? No. They haven't forgotten, because they can't forget. Because this is a mirage, and people here know it. For too many years, Bengals fans have made like Charlie Brown and sprinted passionately toward the football ... only to have Lucy jerk it away at the last minute. That's Brown, and those are Bengals fans from 1991-2010.

And enough is enough. Bengals fans have made a principled stand, but not against the 53 players on roster. They have made their stand against Mike Brown, who used this area's passion for football against it, getting a stadium deal that hasn't enriched the area but has helped cripple it.''...

Bengals fans want this team to win, yes, but they want this owner to lose. And since they can't have it both ways, they'll root for the Bengals from afar.

Mike Brown has already abused their hearts and raided their wallets. He has been a one-man plague of locusts -- and Bengals fans have nothing left to give.

/>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/16625802/bengals-problem-isnt-shortage-of-fans-its-the-owner

Some injury notes today.

Mays didn't practice, cause given is the same "undetermined ailment" that knocked him out Saturday.

Crocker (knee) took a vet rest day.

Leonard (knee) practiced.

For the Ravens, CB Cary Williams (concussion) practiced today. DE Cory Redding (ankle) also practiced. LB Dannell Ellerbe (concussion) still out with "concussion-like" symptoms. Marshal Yanda (ribs) also out.

That is such horrendous nonsense. It enables and encourages an incredibly illogical and unfair mindset.

It's not nonsense.

It is the unvarnished truth

Ok, maybe with the "plague of locusts" line, thats a bit of varnish.....ok.......

but other than that, dead on.......

If you think it's all nonsense, ask Hamilton county resident who pays property tax.

Don't forget about the sales tax......and better still - most Hamilton County residents AREN'T football fans, much less Bengals fans......ask the ones who aren't even football fans what they think about the taxes to pay for and maintain St. Paul's Cathedral

Well nobody was expecting this team to doing this good, so my hope is they come out fired up, but also loose. I just hope they dont play uptight, and afraid to make mistakes.

It almost seemed like in the Texans game they got the lead, and that was good enough for them. They started playing prevent all game allowing them to chunk there way down field. I just hope if they do get the lead, they keep putting the pressure on the ravens, and just find a way to finish please. I think this will be one tough game since there is alot of meaning for the ravens also. No turnovers please, take care of the ball, and just finish this game, i dont care how just win!

Well nobody was expecting this team to doing this good, so my hope is they come out fired up, but also loose. I just hope they dont play uptight, and afraid to make mistakes.

It almost seemed like in the Texans game they got the lead, and that was good enough for them. They started playing prevent all game allowing them to chunk there way down field. I just hope if they do get the lead, they keep putting the pressure on the ravens, and just find a way to finish please. I think this will be one tough game since there is alot of meaning for the ravens also. No turnovers please, take care of the ball, and just finish this game, i dont care how just win!

Believe me, I'd like to see the Bengals make the playoffs as much as anyone here, and even if it does come to pass, how long will it last? Another one and done scenario, or does the team continue to gather steam?

I pray for the latter.

IF they beat Baltimore, I think they'd travel to Houston.

They could beat Houston, and should have a month ago. Win in Houston and they'll probably go to NE.

They could beat NE, but it will be a battle. If they win, they'll possibly head to Baltimore or Pitt. And that is a winnable game, though maybe less likely...

I guess my point is that if they make it, they'll be a hard out. Houston, Denver, NE all have some real issues. Avoid Pitt and Baltimore until later and maybe they can cause some commotion.

OR.... lose v Baltimore and they can start making tee times.

Keys to Victory!!! Otter sez!! Don't put the ball on the ground ( Ced) #2 protect Dalton!! #3 don't forget their is """4"""" quarters guys 4th comebacks are killing you. aka :ouston and Az (which they still won). But this will be a hhard "W" cuz RatBirds still have a lot to play for. Good luck Bengals we are all rooting for ya!! P.S got me. Andy Dallton road jersey from Santa!!! Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!

While I think the Bengals can win this game, i'm still very uncertain. The Ravens have just as much, if not more, reason to be fired up for this game. Sure the Bengals are win and in, but the Ravens are playing for not only the division title, but a first round bye and a home playoff game. You have to know how nice that bye would be come this time of the season and the Ravens are clearly a better home team this season.

Again, while I think the Bengals can make this happen, I don't want to hear how they have more to play for than the Ravens.

It will be very hard going and I for one can't wait to watch !!!

Oh yeah,

F*CK YOU RAVENS !!!

It's certainly an interesting vibe headed into the game. The chatter from the Ravens players seems rather dismissive to me, a "this is our time, we deserve this, this game is all about us" kind of thing. There's a whiff of desperation to it. Meanwhile, the Bengals seem to be just quietly going about the business of getting ready for the game.

I think the Bengals get the W.

What's the deal with central Ohio getting this TBA bulls**t? I think they have shown every Bengals game to this point. It should be a no-brainer.

This can't be happening. Logic and reason dictate that you broadcast this game in central Ohio, and I expect they will come around to our way of thinking and show the game.

They came around COB. The 506 is now showing that the Columbus area will indeed be showing the Bengals game on Sunday.

And... exhale.

P.S. I was thinking about buying tickets to the game. I usually only go once a year, but this feels like a special enough year to head to Cincy twice. Unfortunately it seems like everyone finally figured out this was a big game. Yesterday on Stubhub there were still a handful of tickets available in the $55-$65 range. Now... nothing less than $92 a pop.

Oh well. Maybe I'll win the tickets Reedy is giving away.