Dhani Jones retires

Scottishbengal

Dhani came in (after everybody thought he was washed up) and gave the Bengals stability at the LB position when they really needed it. Unfortunately, time caught up with him....it happens.....but thanks Dhani, enjoy retirement....

Yeah, what everyone else said. Dhani came in and provided a dependable, veteran presence in the middle of a rudderless defense. Remember the parade of MLB's that went through here before him? Maybe he wasn't the MLB we wanted, but he was the MLB we needed.

Plus, the guy has personality in spades. I look forward to watching Dhani in whatever endeavor begins next.

Dhani came in (after everybody thought he was washed up) and gave the Bengals stability at the LB position when they really needed it. Unfortunately, time caught up with him....it happens.....but thanks Dhani, enjoy retirement....

Yeah, what everyone else said. Dhani came in and provided a dependable, veteran presence in the middle of a rudderless defense. Remember the parade of MLB's that went through here before him? Maybe he wasn't the MLB we wanted, but he was the MLB we needed.

Plus, the guy has personality in spades. I look forward to watching Dhani in whatever endeavor begins next.

I personally liked his TV show on the Travel Channel. ^_^

He's already showing up with his own show on the Big Ten Network

/>http://btn.com/2011/08/29/keith-jackson-dhani-jones-to-host-shows-on-btn-this-fall/

The Bengals might have to give him a call and see if he's interested in un-retiring. Per multiple media reports, Maualuga's ankle is in a cast and he's not talking to the press. Sounds like he could be out for a while, and Skuta looked terrible yesterday (and B. Johnson not a lot better).

The Bengals might have to give him a call and see if he's interested in un-retiring. Per multiple media reports, Maualuga's ankle is in a cast and he's not talking to the press. Sounds like he could be out for a while, and Skuta looked terrible yesterday (and B. Johnson not a lot better).

Yeah. I saw that too.

Fingers crossed that the bye week gives him enough time to get healthy.

Im very nervous about Rey, the defense did not look the same without him. They were giving up big chunks on the ground to the colts, Skuta is not a starter, and should not be he is a good special teamer though. They need somebody, maybe they will have to bring someone in, too bad Muck is out for the season!

Still would hope t hey bring in another middle LB during the bye, im not sold on Skuta. Seattle is going to be tough enough, and the defense just did not look the same without Rey, so hope they at least look at somebody.

Looks like Howard was hurt also with a Hammy so i hope he is ready for Seattle.

While we're on the subject of ex-Bengals, Jason Shirley is a Seahawk and Ndukwe is a Raider.

Sorry to see big Jason leave. I thought he looked awfully good when he played this summer. I think the Seahawks will be pleased