I was wrong

walzav29

I guess 10-6 was ludacris, but I thought the winnable games vs the 49ers and Broncos would have actually been won. We never beat Buffalo so we'll be 1-3. Hard to even generate modest hope, because this just seems so cyclical. Someday I'll have to wake up like so many other Bengal fans have that until we get a GM (never) they won't truly compete.

Can't we stow the HIRE A GM!!! stuff this season? For crap's sake, this team was obviously never playoff bound, it's a rebuilding year. If they still suck balls in two years when Dalton should have his feet under him and the rest of the young guys have grown some, then continue with the standard meaningless bitching.

Can't we stow the HIRE A GM!!! stuff this season? For crap's sake, this team was obviously never playoff bound, it's a rebuilding year. If they still suck balls in two years when Dalton should have his feet under him and the rest of the young guys have grown some, then continue with the standard meaningless bitching.

Yeah but by the time Dalton is ready to step up and be a quality starting QB, he'll have no runningback and an aged Offensive line. This team is damn if they do and damned if they don't.

I apologize for the GM talk, but when I look at the 3-0 Bills and Lions and think of the Jets coming out of the blue a couple of years ago and I see the same kind of game 13-8 (NFL first according to PFT) along with police incidents with suspensions. It seems like more of the same right? Like we're trying to catch lightning in a bottle.

I apologize for the GM talk, but when I look at the 3-0 Bills and Lions and think of the Jets coming out of the blue a couple of years ago and I see the same kind of game 13-8 (NFL first according to PFT) along with police incidents with suspensions. It seems like more of the same right? Like we're trying to catch lightning in a bottle.

I think it's time to dial down the enthusiasm and not be surprised when these kind of games happen. I think Dalton will be a good player in this league as will Green but the margin for error is very small right now.

Had they scored on the first drive, I believe it would have been a much different outcome but they are young and probably easily discouraged. Had they been able to sustain their drives they would have been able to keep the defesne off the field late in the game and keep them fresh.

On the bright side, I take it as a positive that they didn't lay a complete egg considering all of the distractions with Simpson and Benson.

Sadly, it's a "rebuilding year" (thought those were essentially extinct in the NFL?) because their QB asked to be traded and refused to play for them, and the owner decided to make a point instead of moving on and getting a good player or two for him.

So yes, it's just more of the same, and it won't change, so we're stuck with them.

Dalton can do some good things, and he's a sharp kid, but he's pretty erratic for the pro game and lacks some downfield accuracy and always will. Would make a great #2 though. Maybe he'll improve, and I get he'll have bad days as a rookie, but he's hamstrung by a bad o-line and some bad coaching.

I wouldn't be surprised a bit if the Bengals' go QB next season with their top 3 pick, and quite possibly the #1 over-all. I also wouldn't be surprised if he gets hurt soon, the way he's getting hit, and it will affect his ability to progress.

I think it's time to dial down the enthusiasm and not be surprised when these kind of games happen. I think Dalton will be a good player in this league as will Green but the margin for error is very small right now.

Had they scored on the first drive, I believe it would have been a much different outcome but they are young and probably easily discouraged. Had they been able to sustain their drives they would have been able to keep the defesne off the field late in the game and keep them fresh.

On the bright side, I take it as a positive that they didn't lay a complete egg considering all of the distractions with Simpson and Benson.

They had two times they could have scored TDs and they failed. If they would have completed 3rd downs, if they would have stuck with the run instead of throwing it 30 some times, overall it was a bad game plan, and even worse execution!! This team is boring to watch, nobody seems to get excited over plays, its like there is no emotion out there.

I think the Bengals still can get to 6-10. We have a rookie QB and a rookie OC. The 49ers defense ain't too bad. I don't see what the huge shock is here. They lost a game they could have won and it was UGLY. What do you guys think bad transition seasons look like?

The defense is decent and I guarantee that the 3rd down conversions will improve. I wouldn't even be suprised if the Bengals beat the Bills this weekend. I wouldn't bet on it but the Bills are coming off a HUGE emotional week and a win. 3-0 and playing the Eagles after us. They won't blow us out. Dalton will play better this week. Watch.

Can't get too high, can't get too low.

I think the Bengals still can get to 6-10. We have a rookie QB and a rookie OC. The 49ers defense ain't too bad. I don't see what the huge shock is here.

Well, they lost a game I predicted they would lose...so obviously the games final result wasn't very shocking to me.

But damn, I'm still picturing a stadium only 60% filled for the home opener and....(voice trails off)

I think the Bengals still can get to 6-10. We have a rookie QB and a rookie OC. The 49ers defense ain't too bad. I don't see what the huge shock is here.

Well, they lost a game I predicted they would lose...so obviously the games final result wasn't very shocking to me.

But damn, I'm still picturing a stadium only 60% filled for the home opener and....(voice trails off)

I actually went down to the stadium looking for a cheap ticket. I looked into the upper deck from 3rd street. It was eerie. Very empty.

So anyway, we gave up on finding a ticket because the lowest price we could find was 10 bucks below face value. We started walking down 3rd st. with 6 minutes to go in the half. Ran into another guy who wanted 60 bucks a ticket. I looked at him and said "the game's halfway over why would I give you 60 bucks? Hell, sell it to me for 20 considering it's 2 quarters of football and they suck." It didn't work. We walked away and the guy ate his tickets and got nothing.

WTF Cincinnati? Supply and demand?

So anyway, we gave up on finding a ticket because the lowest price we could find was 10 bucks below face value. We started walking down 3rd st. with 6 minutes to go in the half. Ran into another guy who wanted 60 bucks a ticket. I looked at him and said "the game's halfway over why would I give you 60 bucks? Hell, sell it to me for 20 considering it's 2 quarters of football and they suck." It didn't work. We walked away and the guy ate his tickets and got nothing.

Replace "tickets" with "Carson Palmer" and "$20" with "draft picks", and this story sounds depressingly familiar.

I can only conclude that Mike Brown has been reduced to scalping tickets to put gas in the Lumina.

Here's a little more, courtesy of Doc...

Here are a couple comments I got, in response to what I wrote for the Monday TM about the steaming pile we witnessed down there Sunday:

Sat in line for tickets for 45 minutes but thanks to the 90 year old fossil in he red coat I walked away and saved myself an afternoon of frustration. This team is so poorly run they can’t even hire someone qualified to take my hard earned money from me.

And…

It was a tough decision whether to renew season tickets again this year. After attending games “since Nippert,” this was the toughest year of all to decide whether to come back. But we did. Now I have an incredible sense of Buyers Remorse. I see things differently now.

What did I see Sunday? I saw an army of vendors beer vendors selling $8 beers, but no ketchup or mustard in the central vending area near our seats. Typically I use a ton of these condiments to give my disgusting, overpriced hotdog some flavor. I saw an overpriced ticket, but then no halftime entertainment (Is there another team in the NFL that had an opening game without halftime entertainment?). I saw, once again, a miserable team, and postgame comments that are designed to keep me on the hook.

Another guy wrote that he wanted a hamburger, and was told by a concession worker that the grill was broken. Huh? First real game of the season, and the grill doesnt work? These are small considerations, sure. But they’re metaphorical. They’re symbolic of an organization that really doesnt give a damn about anything but your money. Did you get free popcorn this year?

Not exactly a rousing endorsement for going to the games even if the team was any good.

Here's a little more, courtesy of Doc...

Another guy wrote that he wanted a hamburger, and was told by a concession worker that the grill was broken. Huh? First real game of the season, and the grill doesnt work?

Doc needs to put on his investigative reporter hat and get to the bottom of this malfunctioning grill scandal. The public has a right to know, and the Enquirer should stop acting like Mike Brown's lap dog, and get digging on this important story.

Doc can develop a source within the Bengals organization called Deep Pumpkin, then meet Deep Pumpkin in the parking garage where he will be told to follow the money. Then he'll follow the money like he was told. Then he can write a 4-part series on how he followed the money, and the malfunctioning grill scandal will stain the Bengals organization forever. Doc can win a Pulitzer.

Or he can go read the contract and discover that Hamilton County is responsible for maintenance on the grill. Then he will likely jump off a tall building.

Sat in line for tickets for 45 minutes but thanks to the 90 year old fossil in he red coat I walked away and saved myself an afternoon of frustration. This team is so poorly run they can’t even hire someone qualified to take my hard earned money from me.

Despite my own advancing age I too hate old people and wish all of them were dead. Or at the very least I believe they shouldn't be allowed to hold any jobs where they might interact with the general public, including the physically and mentally demanding job of ticket seller.

Mike Brown, hire a GM and for gawds sake put a younger person on the stool behind the ticket window! Because I don't like looking at old people, I don't like the smell of old people, and they always spend too much time performing a simple credit card transaction or counting out the correct change.

glares/shakes liver-spotted fist

I guess 10-6 was ludacris, but I thought the winnable games vs the 49ers and Broncos would have actually been won. We never beat Buffalo so we'll be 1-3. Hard to even generate modest hope, because this just seems so cyclical. Someday I'll have to wake up like so many other Bengal fans have that until we get a GM (never) they won't truly compete.

You're pathetic. And I'm never wrong.

You're pathetic. And I'm never wrong.

Never wrong? That's pathetic.