Carson Palmer Thread

NJ29

I really can't believe those of you that are banging on Palmer. I mean give me a break. The ONLY guy out there every Sunday giving his all and taking more than his share of the blame for the mess that this season was?!?!?! IMO if you are clamoring for Carson's head or thinking this will be a good move then good luck rooting for this sorry excuse for a franchise for the next 10-20 years as they continually fail. If the team is so bad that #9 isn't willing to stay and keep working then that shows me I need to root for another team. The guy has been nothing but a class act and the ultmiate cometitor. He is the only reason the team has ever had a chance to win since he took over as the starter. The other piece of the Carson hating I can't believe is when I read a story about him having to clean up trash (and other digusting things) from his front yard. How classless are the people in Cincy that they do this to the team leader that has never uttered a bad word about the city or his teammates? Glad I don;t live there anymore as it would be an embarrassment that I would not endure.

Godd luck Bengals, I'm done!

Your right he has been classy for so long........till now!!!!! There is no reason why he had to come out like this. If has a problem or want changes, then maybe he should have had a meeting with Marvin and Mike, instead of saying what he did. If the bengals didnt give him what he wanted, then fine ask for a trade or whatever. So yea it pi**es me off that he came out this way and did it.

Palmer is just as much to blame, as everyone is on this team, so he needs to shut up and just play!!! He went about this all wrong, unless he is doing this to get change this way????

Where does it say that he came out and said anything? This report is a speculation. It's probably leaked knowledge from a situation that you described above.

Check out John Thornton's blog.

/>http://www.allproblogger.com/2011/01/23/timing-of-carson-news/

"You can’t have the face of your team saying he wants out. I asked someone from the Bengals tonight about the report and they laughed and said that Mike would never let him go. I believe the person that told this news to Chris Mortensen knows that a trade has to happen before March because of the CBA expiring this year or it will have to wait until there is a new deal. And by then, things could be different."

I really can't believe those of you that are banging on Palmer. I mean give me a break. The ONLY guy out there every Sunday giving his all and taking more than his share of the blame for the mess that this season was?!?!?! IMO if you are clamoring for Carson's head or thinking this will be a good move then good luck rooting for this sorry excuse for a franchise for the next 10-20 years as they continually fail. If the team is so bad that #9 isn't willing to stay and keep working then that shows me I need to root for another team. The guy has been nothing but a class act and the ultmiate cometitor. He is the only reason the team has ever had a chance to win since he took over as the starter. The other piece of the Carson hating I can't believe is when I read a story about him having to clean up trash (and other digusting things) from his front yard. How classless are the people in Cincy that they do this to the team leader that has never uttered a bad word about the city or his teammates? Glad I don;t live there anymore as it would be an embarrassment that I would not endure.

Godd luck Bengals, I'm done!

I hear ya, im saying if the rumor is true!!

If this is someway to get changes, then i hope it works. I wonder if they would fire Brat while at the senior bowl LOL LOL

Your right he has been classy for so long........till now!!!!! There is no reason why he had to come out like this. If has a problem or want changes, then maybe he should have had a meeting with Marvin and Mike, instead of saying what he did. If the bengals didnt give him what he wanted, then fine ask for a trade or whatever. So yea it pi**es me off that he came out this way and did it.

Palmer is just as much to blame, as everyone is on this team, so he needs to shut up and just play!!! He went about this all wrong, unless he is doing this to get change this way????

Where does it say that he came out and said anything? This report is a speculation. It's probably leaked knowledge from a situation that you described above.

Check out John Thornton's blog.

/>http://www.allproblogger.com/2011/01/23/timing-of-carson-news/

"You can’t have the face of your team saying he wants out. I asked someone from the Bengals tonight about the report and they laughed and said that Mike would never let him go. I believe the person that told this news to Chris Mortensen knows that a trade has to happen before March because of the CBA expiring this year or it will have to wait until there is a new deal. And by then, things could be different."

Plot. Thickens.

I can already see that in one week I'm going to have a hard time wrapping my head around this subject.

A week? It's already enough to make my head ache and we aren't a day in. Here's another thought: if there's a new CBA, presumably including a salary cap, Palmer could pull the same kind of deal Favre pulled on the Jets: retire, wait for them to sign players up to the cap, then un-retire and put his $11 million back on the books. Then Mikey is forced to either cut a bunch of high-priced players, cut Palmer, or move him at fire sale prices.

Or Mikey quits spending $11 million under the cap, citing exactly this scenario, and we lose guys like J-Joe as a result.

Also, consider how Mike Brown works. If Carsons plans are not leaked, Mike Brown is not smart enough to advertise Palmer's services to the highest bidder. In terms of trade value, the leak is one of the easiest ways to drive up his value prior to the draft. Lord knows MB will not get what he should for Palmer, so Palmer is doing us all a favor and getting the buzz going early.

Of course, Mike Brown could always pull what he did when he drafted Akili Smith and forget all the trade offers for the Saints next 3 draft picks.

Plot. Thickens.

I can already see that in one week I'm going to have a hard time wrapping my head around this subject.

A week? It's already enough to make my head ache and we aren't a day in. Here's another thought: if there's a new CBA, presumably including a salary cap, Palmer could pull the same kind of deal Favre pulled on the Jets: retire, wait for them to sign players up to the cap, then un-retire and put his $11 million back on the books. Then Mikey is forced to either cut a bunch of high-priced players, cut Palmer, or move him at fire sale prices.

Or Mikey quits spending $11 million under the cap, citing exactly this scenario, and we lose guys like J-Joe as a result.

Bret Favre never retired under contract let alone with four years left on his deal. Palmer could unretire at age 35.

Plot. Thickens.

Bret Favre never retired under contract let alone with four years left on his deal. Palmer could unretire at age 35.

I'm sure the league will be in dire need of old washed up dudes by 2016.

Mike Brown will not do that with Palmer. No way.

I dunno. Carson isn't Chad or Corey. It's one thing to have a disgruntled wideout or running back; a disgruntled QB is a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

Can you imagine any scenario in which Carson is forced to play in Cincy this fall and things turn out well? I'm not seeing it.

Hobson wrote that the Bengals started coaching the senior bowl "under a mushroom cloud." Yeah, that's pretty accurate, because Palmer just blew their whole "continuity" strategy to s**tless kingdom come.

To put it simply:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY&ob=av3el

Mike Brown will not do that with Palmer. No way.

I dunno. Carson isn't Chad or Corey. It's one thing to have a disgruntled wideout or running back; a disgruntled QB is a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

Can you imagine any scenario in which Carson is forced to play in Cincy this fall and things turn out well? I'm not seeing it.

Hobson wrote that the Bengals started coaching the senior bowl "under a mushroom cloud." Yeah, that's pretty accurate, because Palmer just blew their whole "continuity" strategy to s**tless kingdom come.

To put it simply:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY&ob=av3el

I look at it it as just yet another beginning with this team. Face it... our last on was in 2003. Seven years ago with little to show for it. In Bengal years we are far overdue.

I have not looked into Cam much, but im wondering if he can be a franchise QB.

Nope. He can waste a few million dollars and a few seasons for ya, though.

Good for Carson, I wouldn't want to play for this f*cked up franchise either. I actually feel bad for him.

Sure you can not like how he played last year, but it's not like QB's don't have off years.

I'm finding it hard to be a fan of this team, so I understand how he must feel.

I guess if they can get the trade compensation to set this team up, it's doable.

How about not taking any QB this draft, bring in someone to get through one season and then use the picks we have to move up to get Luck next year ?? Yeah I know, just draft Newton and be done with it if Carson leaves. No, I'm not a fan of that though. I think the AFCN teams entire NFL would WILL eat Newton's lunch.

Fixed it for ya.

As for Palmer, meh. At this point I don't even care anymore. I guess if I had to dig deep for an emotion I would say... Good for you Carson. I don't really blame you man. I don't see much changing because of this except we probably draft a QB after round one and act like we're calling his bluff or some silly nonsense.

All of this is a slap in the face to fans, its bullcrap. The more i think about it the more it pi**es me off!!!!

Really? A slap in the face to which "fans"? Maybe guys like me who actually like Carson, but there are a ton of "fans" (and posters on here) who wanted Carson released......He gets crucified by the fans and you say HE'S slapping them in the face?

Personally, I don't want to see him go, but I would think the same "fans" who always b*tch about him and call him washed up would like the fact that the Bengals might actually receive some compensation for him.

Carson is a very good QB stuck with a lousy organization who gets ripped by the teams "fans" when he plays, and get ripped when he wants to leave? You wonder why he wants out?

McNabb is not a leader but Palmer is? LOL! McNabb compared to Palmer is like comparing General Patton to Gomer Pyle. McNabb has been to four NFC Championship games comapared to Palmer zero playoff wins. I guess in your eyes Palmer demanding a trade is not being a diva? If this is true this is a diva move like non other for a guy that doesn't have the pedigree to call for such a move. Good Riddance if it's true, Marvin is still brestfeeding this clown that's the number one problem right there he needs Mike Singletary or Rex Ryan type coach to dig in his ass.

I didn't say anything about Palmer. I just said you don't want McNabb. Pay attention.

McNabb has been to four NFC championship games, true. But watch his play in those games when it counts. In pressure situations, he crumbles. Go watch that final drive against the Patriots in the SB again. Couldn't even run the hurry-up offense. It was the same thing that got him benched in DC.

Comparing McNabb to Patton is a grievous insult to Patton. I fully expect him to climb out of his grave to track you down and demand an apology under threat of an old-fashioned whoopin'.

All of this is a slap in the face to fans, its bullcrap. The more i think about it the more it pi**es me off!!!!

Really? A slap in the face to which "fans"? Maybe guys like me who actually like Carson, but there are a ton of "fans" (and posters on here) who wanted Carson released......He gets crucified by the fans and you say HE'S slapping them in the face?

Personally, I don't want to see him go, but I would think the same "fans" who always b*tch about him and call him washed up would like the fact that the Bengals might actually receive some compensation for him.

Carson is a very good QB stuck with a lousy organization who gets ripped by the teams "fans" when he plays, and get ripped when he wants to leave? You wonder why he wants out?

I was Calling for Luck and wouldn't mind Newton but like I said Back then I still like Carson and wish him the best for his new team because I think he still can be good player I think he just needs a change of settings...

OK if palmer is done where do we go from here? This really creeped up on me, draft 4th overall or try and sign a veteran? I say start fresh, and draft the best in the draft.

I'm going with the Take AJ Green and hope Locker is available in rnd 2 :>...Then bring in someone like Bruce Gradkowski to start be the vet.

Ocho weighed in..... Last person demanded a trade in Cincy was crucified by the media n had to win the fans back. how will this go?"

Hey OchoDoucho - you've won back few if any fans.......*laff*

F*CK YOU CHAD!

I vacillate back and forth on who I think is the more stupid - Ochodroppo, or his few remaining fans.

Back to Carson, though.

My first impression when I heard this (same as many of you) was.......OMG!!!!. A couple minutes later, as I looked and looked and then looked some more for an actual quote from Carson, I calmed down considerably.

I can't find an actual quote. From Palmer that is. Can you?

Sure, it's possible this is all true, and there are certainly plenty of reasons that make it believable, but until I hear it from the horse's mouth, I'm disregarding it.

My first impression when I heard this (same as many of you) was.......OMG!!!!. A couple minutes later, as I looked and looked and then looked some more for an actual quote from Carson, I calmed down considerably.

Sure, it's possible this is all true, and there are certainly plenty of reasons that make it believable, but until I hear it from the horse's mouth, I'm disregarding it.

Not his style, I don't think. If you're waiting for something from the horse's mouth (or his ass), then you'll be waiting until his press conference with his new team.

Mort isn't usually this wrong with this detailed of a report. And his info won't be from the Bengals' front office, since they're all named or married to a Brown. So I'd imagine Carson's agent fed this to Mort.

Incidentally, wasn't it a couple months ago we were hearing rumors that the Bengals were going to ask Carson to restructure his contract to avoid getting cut, or did I hallucinate that? Is getting cut maybe the best for both sides?

How does cutting Carson help us as a team? Ya if we can't find someone to trade with by week 7 fine cut him...But to let him walk for nothing would be..... eh ><

With his contract (can't remember what he's due to make, but it's a lot), I don't know that he has trade value. If this were the NBA (with guaranteed contracts), the Bengals would have to throw in a pick or something just to get another team to take the contract.