Any opinions on the Bengals @ Giants game?

BengalszoneBilly

For openers...lets just start with the latest odds on this alleged game. The biggest spread in any NFL game this season thus far. Giants minus 14. I'm going with the

G-men to not just beat the spread, but top it.

Bengals 13 - Giants 31

How Marvin can feel anything near confident about a road game against the reigning Champs escapes me, unless he decides this may be the week he decides to try to motivate the team.

I doubt Lewis can do such a thing.

For openers...lets just start with the latest odds on this alleged game. The biggest spread in any NFL game this season thus far. Giants minus 14. I'm going with the

G-men to not just beat the spread, but top it.

Bengals 13 - Giants 31

How Marvin can feel anything near confident about a road game against the reigning Champs escapes me, unless he decides this may be the week he decides to try to motivate the team.

I doubt Lewis can do such a thing.

Giants 31 - Bengals 9. I think they manage three FGs. That's it.

Here's the thing, this is classic Bengals from the lost decade false hope game. I think the Bengals will come out focused as hell for the first time, and for the first time the weather will be not armageddon-esque in terms of wind. They will put up points. They be up at some point in the 3rd quarter. And then it will slip away.

Say, 27-24. That sounds about right.

That will put them at 0-3, but feeling "better" about themselves heading back home to Cleveland, whereupon they will not work as hard in practice, not be as focused in the game, and get ripped by the Browns to fall to 0-4.

Here's the thing, this is classic Bengals from the lost decade false hope game. I think the Bengals will come out focused as hell for the first time, and for the first time the weather will be not armageddon-esque in terms of wind. They will put up points. They be up at some point in the 3rd quarter. And then it will slip away.

Say, 27-24. That sounds about right.

That will put them at 0-3, but feeling "better" about themselves heading back home to Cleveland, whereupon they will not work as hard in practice, not be as focused in the game, and get ripped by the Browns to fall to 0-4.

You, my friend, are probably right on the button on this one. This is historical Bengals M.O.

You are wrong Bengal brethren. This offense has talent, this is a trap game for the Giants. Willie gave them the playbook in week 1 and a Tornado in Wk2. The boys are back in sync. Bengals 31 - Giants 20. They beat the Rams and Skins!

Weather forecast is for a new perfect day in NJ so both QB's will throw.

Eli will probably be throwing to a true 3rd string CB even though he's a 2ed string guy for us. Early and often.

I figure this advantage alone is worth 21 first half points for NYG.

Then 2ed half they run the ball to take advantage of just one safety as the other is helping out Jones at CB.

Thats good for another 17 points. NYG scores 38 points. If Eli gets greedy and wants to continue picking on the secondary, this could get ugly.

For the Bengals, it will be a grind it out offense as Chad can't do his deep act. Baltimore showed how to stiff him. Plus he isn't what he was.

The Bengals will face 10 play drives if they want to score and I don't think they can do many of them without Chad's deep threat. Call it 13 points with Perry and TJ getting one drive done and for others, it peters out for just 2 FG's.

Call it Giants 38 - 13.

Wish it were different, but the Giants will just kill them.

Giants 34 - 7 Bengals

Another embarrassing defeat live on British TV with the Bengals proving to be inept in every aspect.

No, wait. I'm fed up being negative (realistic) about the Bengals, they're MY team ......... Giants 21-27 Bengals .....WHODEY YOU MUVVERf**kAHS !!!!!!

Bengals 17 - Giants 16

Read my write-up here.

I enjoyed the write-up as well, especially this line: "As a slice of competence off an otherwise incompetent hog of a team,..."

Who would have thought special teams would be looking good? Pre-season I couldn't tell if I was watching special teams or special olympics. And you're right about Carson Palmer. He'd better start demanding more from his linemen and receivers. His nice guy act has gotten them nowhere. And I'm sorry to say it doesn't seem to be an act. I think that's all there is.

I agree in the line of thought that the Bengals come out looking more focused. That might not garner them a win against the G-Men, but you just never know. I'm not off my meds either, just thinking at some point this talented team is going to get pissed off at how they are f*cking things up and walk out on the field and blow some team up. I hope it's tomorrow !!!

On a side note, I'm going to blame some of this on the fact that they've worn their white jerseys (as they are tomorrow) every game so far and I like the white ones the LEAST !!!

WHODEY !!!

Giants should win, but they wont put the Bengals away until late. The Bengals have enough talent to keep it interesting.

If the Giants are smart, they'll let their running game do the work and go up and down the field at will. They have a recent history of trying to get too fancy though, there are still a lot of plays where the receiver and QB aren't on the same page. Those mistakes could open the door for the Bengals.