Are we the laughing stock of Free Agency?

Dan2330

Cheers to another year of sucking up the Free Agency Market. I thought last year was bad, at least we got something last year besides some 'has been Bear'. The way our D got tourched again, for like the 15th year in a row, last year it is going to take more than Robinson to fill the holes. Sharper would of been nice, considering that he would be All Pro compared to what we put on the field for LB's.

It appears that Cincy is still a laughing stock of free agency. Perhaps if Mike Brown would not have been such a cheap snake all those years we could of landed some big time players. Just can't get past him making The Goose sit in coach and pay his own damn taxi fare when he was a FA and decided Baltimore over Cincy- wonder why? I think these players are simply using Cincy as a pawn for neogatiing higher end contracts with other teams.

I see ABC got the hint too as we were not worthy enough for a MNF home game, thank god I am in Vegas for the Sunday nighter against Jacksonville- might of had to hang myself if I had to listen to the 3 idiots on ESPN calling the game.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things will change when we win the division. Until then, the rest of the NFL will look at the team as the "Bungles"., and ABC will be a bit shy of giving us more MNF. That's ok, it will feel hellagood when the bandwagon takes off in about mid-November.

I explained this in another thread. I think that the reason we have trouble attracting higher price vets is the perception and the truth that we haven't made the playoffs in so long. Guys like Sharper are choosing their last stop and they want that to be a place where they can compete for a title. I guess he thought that Seatlle was the better chance and you really can't argue with him cause they were in the playoffs last year

Cheers to another year of sucking up the Free Agency Market. I thought last year was bad, at least we got something last year besides some 'has been Bear'. The way our D got tourched again, for like the 15th year in a row, last year it is going to take more than Robinson to fill the holes. Sharper would of been nice, considering that he would be All Pro compared to what we put on the field for LB's.

It appears that Cincy is still a laughing stock of free agency. Perhaps if Mike Brown would not have been such a cheap snake all those years we could of landed some big time players. Just can't get past him making The Goose sit in coach and pay his own damn taxi fare when he was a FA and decided Baltimore over Cincy- wonder why? I think these players are simply using Cincy as a pawn for neogatiing higher end contracts with other teams.

I see ABC got the hint too as we were not worthy enough for a MNF home game, thank god I am in Vegas for the Sunday nighter against Jacksonville- might of had to hang myself if I had to listen to the 3 idiots on ESPN calling the game.

Um, step away from the ledge and put down the suicide note...

Re-signed every one of our players we have wanted including two who could have gotten better offers elsewhere and won the scrum for Bryan Robinson.

This off-season was a success the moment they re-signed Housh and worked out a long term deal with Rudi.

Anything else is just frosting on that cake.

Least they didnt blow our money on no name guys Robinson may not be the best but they didnt have all the money in the world to sign guys either. They kept who they wanted to and i give them credit for that. As for Sharper im pissed off just like everyone else, but i look at it like he had a choice to play for more money or play and help his old coach and friend out and choose what he did and im not going to change that. They said it wasnt about money well if it wasnt about money then he would have signed here if this is really where he wanted to be. So i say so long Sharper hes the one whos missing out.

Actually, the free agency this year has been pretty good compared to other years. I have to admit that I'm surprised that we managed to re-sign all of our own players we wanted to keep. This is great for Cincinnati. How many times in the past decade+ would players bolt to other teams as soon as they had a chance?

To quote from the movie, "Build it and they will come." We're in the building part, building from within by locking up guys we want to keep. With this core only getting better and the team getting back into the playoffs, we'll get to the "they will come" part. It'll happen. Patience.

Things will change when we win the division. Until then, the rest of the NFL will look at the team as the "Bungles"., and ABC will be a bit shy of giving us more MNF. That's ok, it will feel hellagood when the bandwagon takes off in about mid-November.

I ain't making any room. If you're not on now you aren't getting on. :angry:

Does Pat Summerall still do games? I hope TJ Housh-man-zanzibar-ziday lights 'em up again. :lol:

What do you mean "Laughing Stock?" The Bengals not getting Sharper didn't even register the tiniest of blips on the "Siesmograph" of current NFL news storys. Outside of Cincinnati, where I happen to reside, there is absolutely ZERO...I REPEAT ZERO talk, news stories about, or even a giggle as to the fact that Sharp picked Seattle to play for over Cincy.

This kind of talk reminds me of women who think everyone is talking about them behind their back and laughing about how fat their butt is getting, when that happens to be the furthest thing from the truth!!

OUR BUTT'S ARE NOT TOO FAT AND WE ARE NOT THE LAUGHING STOCK OF FREE AGENCY!!

Here's a new concept...It is completely normal and acceptable to actually feel good about the team, and the direction in which it's heading in from time to time! Free yourself and your minds from the guilt! What happened in the past is not your fault, let it go!!

:blink: Eewww. I better stop. Starting to sound "Doctor Phil-ish" all of the sudden. <_<

What do you mean "Laughing Stock?" The Bengals not getting Sharper didn't even register the tiniest of blips on the "Siesmograph" of current NFL news storys. Outside of Cincinnati, where I happen to reside, there is absolutely ZERO...I REPEAT ZERO talk, news stories about, or even a giggle as to the fact that Sharp picked Seattle to play for over Cincy.

This kind of talk reminds me of women who think everyone is talking about them behind their back and laughing about how fat their butt is getting, when that happens to be the furthest thing from the truth!!

OUR BUTT'S ARE NOT TOO FAT AND WE ARE NOT THE LAUGHING STOCK OF FREE AGENCY!!

Here's a new concept...It is completely normal and acceptable to actually feel good about the team, and the direction in which it's heading in from time to time! Free yourself and your minds from the guilt! What happened in the past is not your fault, let it go!!

:blink: Eewww. I better stop. Starting to sound "Doctor Phil-ish" all of the sudden. <_<

(dr. phil voice) Billy let me ask you a question. How do you feel? Do feel like you are allowed to be you?

*Presented by BengalsZone Interaction Video Technologies

(dr. phil voice) Billy let me ask you a question.  How do you feel?

How do I feel? Suddenly very uneasy, an uncomfortably bad and anxious feeling. Most likely due to you vocalizing in that damn Dr. Phil's voice and using his vanacular style. The same thing that happens when I watch one of his stupid shows on T.V.!

Knock it off would ya! You're creepin' me out! :angry:

:lol::rolleyes::lol::D

Perhaps if Mike Brown would not have been such a cheap snake all those years we could of landed some big time players. Just can't get past him making The Goose sit in coach and pay his own damn taxi fare when he was a FA and decided Baltimore over Cincy- wonder why?

Bengal fans sure love the classics, don't they?

Hey, enjoy your misery.

In fact, wallow in it if you think it'll help.

It won't.

Yes We are

Alrighty then. It's "Put Up or Shut Up" time! I've personally checked at countless sports/NFL football focused news sources, and many other NFL football fan site forums, (most of which are much like ours!) which support almost every other team in the NFL, and I'm still yet to find one single comment or post, much less an entire thread or written article, where...

ANYONE, ANYWHERE, AT ANY TIME, IN ANY PLACE OR AT ANY INTERNET WEBSITE EVEN MENTIONED OR ALLUDED AS TO HOW THE FRONT OFFICE OF THE CINCINNATI BENGALS FAILED, SCREWED UP, BUNGLED, WHATEVER, THE OFFER THE BENGALS MADE TO SHARPER.

NOR DID I SEE ANYTHING COMMENTING ABOUT OR STATING THAT DUE TO THIS BENGALS GOOF-UP/MENTAL ERROR/BRAIN FART/BEING TOO CHEAP, (pick your favorite f**k up!) IT CAUSED SHARPER TO CHANGE HIS MIND ABOUT SIGNING WITH CINCINNATI AND IS WHY HE DECIDED HE SHOULD SIGN WITH SEATTLE INSTEAD!

Precisely where at did you see this alleged article, comment or story that in turn caused you to start a like titled thread here? Google sure can't find anything about it anyplace except here, but that unfortunately doesn't support this story of yours. Of course who goes by "Google" anyway! :rolleyes:

So c'mon and step up with some kind of proof, you people who say this is actually be the way we're portrayed and laughed at in other NFL cities. If you say the Bengals really are being commented about negatively by anyone in regards to free agents or have become the butt a huge inside joke about free agency to the rest of the NFL, well let's see these articles. Please! Or if you have a link to such an article or comments, then just post that here too in this very thread so we can all click on it and see just how right you are! Take your time...we'll wait.

Yes We are

Alrighty then. It's "Put Up or Shut Up" time! I've personally checked at countless sports/NFL football focused news sources, and many other NFL football fan site forums, (most of which are much like ours!) which support almost every other team in the NFL, and I'm still yet to find one single comment or post, much less an entire thread or written article, where...

ANYONE, ANYWHERE, AT ANY TIME, IN ANY PLACE OR AT ANY INTERNET WEBSITE EVEN MENTIONED OR ALLUDED AS TO HOW THE FRONT OFFICE OF THE CINCINNATI BENGALS FAILED, SCREWED UP, BUNGLED, WHATEVER, THE OFFER THE BENGALS MADE TO SHARPER.

NOR DID I SEE ANYTHING COMMENTING ABOUT OR STATING THAT DUE TO THIS BENGALS GOOF-UP/MENTAL ERROR/BRAIN FART/BEING TOO CHEAP, (pick your favorite f**k up!) IT CAUSED SHARPER TO CHANGE HIS MIND ABOUT SIGNING WITH CINCINNATI AND IS WHY HE DECIDED HE SHOULD SIGN WITH SEATTLE INSTEAD!

Precisely where at did you see this alleged article, comment or story that in turn caused you to start a like titled thread here? Google sure can't find anything about it anyplace except here, but that unfortunately doesn't support this story of yours. Of course who goes by "Google" anyway! :rolleyes:

So c'mon and step up with some kind of proof, you people who say this is actually be the way we're portrayed and laughed at in other NFL cities. If you say the Bengals really are being commented about negatively by anyone in regards to free agents or have become the butt a huge inside joke about free agency to the rest of the NFL, well let's see these articles. Please! Or if you have a link to such an article or comments, then just post that here too in this very thread so we can all click on it and see just how right you are! Take your time...we'll wait.

A' frickin' men.

What he said.

Applause and all that.

Actually, the free agency this year has been pretty good compared to other years. I have to admit that I'm surprised that we managed to re-sign all of our own players we wanted to keep. This is great for Cincinnati. How many times in the past decade+ would players bolt to other teams as soon as they had a chance?

To quote from the movie, "Build it and they will come." We're in the building part, building from within by locking up guys we want to keep. With this core only getting better and the team getting back into the playoffs, we'll get to the "they will come" part. It'll happen. Patience.

Yeah, what he said.

And yeah, JJKAG, no bandwagon fans.

I'll give them until a few days after the draft to jump on.

After that, Season tickets will be purchased.