General 2024 Training Camp Thread

So crazy to see Matt Lee rating number amongst interior offensive lineman. Did he play just Center or did they play him at Guard at all? Will be nice to have him for maybe center of the future. I really only saw him at Center, but I didn’t watch full preseason games. 

1 hour ago, volcom69 said:

So crazy to see Matt Lee rating number amongst interior offensive lineman. Did he play just Center or did they play him at Guard at all? Will be nice to have him for maybe center of the future. I really only saw him at Center, but I didn’t watch full preseason games. 

He's 100% center at this point.

Lee is a pure center. That’s why he was there so late. Teams usually want their backup C to be G or OT too. At this point I don’t think they can risk trying to get him on the PS.

Bengals typically keep 2 pure Centers.   Hill the C they drafted from Georgia was running at guard, a lot. 

I'd say Lee is safe. 

Chase back in practice is the best news.  Hope they get a long term deal done but if not and he produces a top season.  This has to be the offseason to sign or trade him.

I believe Chase starting practicing now was a planned move, based on his desire to help crush KC in Game 2

He hates those guys

I wont be surprised if he skips games 1 and 3

After that, its on whether he is willing to give up gamechecks and a year of vesting

Dehner says Iosivas gets the #3 role and pretty much trashes Burton.  Said the coaches don’t think he’s ready, tried him at returner but he’s not ready there either.  This dude must be a complete tool because we’ve got really chill coaches who normally won’t say shit even when they have a mouth full.   

Seems like it might be garden variety diva entitlement behavior.  He’s hugely talented so this may be the first time he’s been checked.  How he reacts will tell the story.  

I think it was Burrow that said Burton needs to get in his playbook more.

Maybe that's what they are talking about.  Uses athletic ability to make things happen more than his head.
Hopefully Houshmandzadeh stays in Burton's head more and keeps him focused during the season.

Still think he gets his opportunities, but didn't really give much thought initially to what Burrow said.
If Burrow doesn't trust him to be where he's suppose to be, it might not matter how talented he is athletically.

Who knows? Maybe they are simply trying to motivate him more and know this is what he needs.

Any way around... this is going to be a fun season to watch Burrow pass the ball with all these receiving options.

Michaels said kind of off-hand "chyeah, don't fall asleep in meetings" during the broadcast when Herbstreit was emphasizing the importance of Burton learning to be a pro. The Internet kind of ran away with that as implying that Burton was falling asleep (but no reporters could corroborate). I kind of think Michaels was just making a facetious comment about general "unprofessional behavior" and not actually reporting news.

On 8/25/2024 at 1:14 PM, HoosierCat said:

Chase showed up late today for practice and in street clothes.  Hopefully it means they’re about to sign something and his agent doesn’t want him to risk anything.  

If it’s just further hold out stuff it’s bullshit and I don’t like it.  You’re either on the bus or you’re off the bus.