2023 Final Roster Cutdown Thread

HoosierCat

So the all access thing is…fine. Think of it as “Very Light Knocks.” Some good practice and sideline footage. Behind-the-scenes stuff is mostly draft picks/FAs coming in for the first time, signing contracts. Some PR fluff. Only thing that put me off was having Taylor as narrator. He has some scenes where he’s just talking normally and those are good, but then they have him narrating over images and it’s obvious he’s reading a script. Narration is a kind of voice acting and a good narrator can make a script sound not like a script. A professional would have been better here. Definitely worth a watch.

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

Carman catches more grief because they didn't take Sewell and he hasn't lived up to his 2nd round selection.

Carman catches grief because he has been handed every opportunity to be a starter at damn near every o-line position, only flashed in small doses, has generally sucked ass, and when it's a fight, he folds like a chair.  While not being a fan of his due to his questionable choices involving young girls, I have hoped for him to figure out how to utilize his physical gifts to help this team.  He continues to fail and he gives me no reason to think that will change.  Will be happy to see the day he is no longer in stripes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Carman catches grief because he has been handed every opportunity to be a starter at damn near every o-line position, only flashed in small doses, has generally sucked ass, and when it's a fight, he folds like a chair.  While not being a fan of his due to his questionable choices involving young girls, I have hoped for him to figure out how to utilize his physical gifts to help this team.  He continues to fail and he gives me no reason to think that will change.  Will be happy to see the day he is no longer in stripes.

Nah.   Adeniji was the one on a free pass the past couple years and Carman has been better since day 1.   Pollack should eat crow on this.   

Carman’s problem is that he’s a second-round pick going into year 3 and instead of being a starter he’s fighting for a backup swing tackle spot. He’s shaping up as the worst second-round choice since Jake Fisher in 2015. Now, maybe this is the year it all comes together, and to be clear I hope that’s the case, but I’m not counting on it.

2 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Carman has been better since day 1. 

Better than who?  The towel boy?
Dude was blessed with the makings of an NFL O-lineman and has pissed on them since day 1.
Only one word for the person who consistently gets beat out by lesser opponents when a job is on the line.
WEAK !!

Here’s the full list: https://www.bengals.com/news/roster-cuts-2023-season-cincinnati-bengals

The Bengals today made the following player moves to reach the NFL roster limit of 53:

Placed one player on the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list:

OT La'el Collins (knee)

Placed two players on the Reserve/Injured list:

DT Tautala Pesefea Jr. (elbow)

CB Marvell Tell III (concussion)

Terminated the contracts of six vested veterans (NOTE: These players are released to free agency and thus free to sign with another team or to re-sign with the Bengals):

TE Tanner Hudson

CB Sidney Jones IV

WR Stanley Morgan

QB Trevor Siemian

WR Trent Taylor

S Michael J. Thomas

Waived 26 players:

OT Hakeem Adeniji

TE Devin Asiasi

TE Nick Bowers

S Larry Brooks

G Ben Brown

DE Owen Carney

WR Malachi Carter

P Drue Chrisman

S Yusuf Corker

DT Domenique Davis

CB Allan George

C Nate Gilliam

DE Jeff Gunter

LB Shaka Heyward

WR Mac Hippenhammer

WR Shedrick Jackson

DE Raymond Johnson III

LB Keandre Jones

G Jaxson Kirkland

WR Kwamie Lassiter II

LB Jaylen Moody

LB Tyler Murray

HB Jacob Saylors

QB Reid Sinnett

TE Christian Trahan

HB Calvin Tyler Jr.

Practice Squad:

All NFL players are eligible to be signed to a team's practice squad in 2023, though players who are waived must clear waivers first. The Bengals plan to announce tomorrow a practice squad of up to 16 players.

No real surprises but some tough cuts.

I’d expect all the UFAs except Siemian to join the PS if they don’t get better offers. Could definitely see another team sign Taylor and Thomas.

Lot of young defensive line talent there. Gunter’s a tough one.

Tanner Hudson and Raymond Johnson seemed like the most interesting bubble players to consider. I'm not surprised either was cut, but we'll be fortunate to get either or both to the practice squad. I'd like to think cutting Johnson is a decent signal about how they feel about Ossai's injury, but that's probably wishful thinking. Wilcox over Hudson would have been my choice too. Hudson could be brought back, granted. Stanley Morgan and Mike Thomas probably will be brought back in some capacity.

• Like 1

Baby:

Bengals coach Zac Taylor said the battle to be the team's third-down running back is still up for grabs between Chris Evans, Trayveon Williams and rookie Chase Brown. Williams will return to practice this week after suffering an ankle injury early in the preseason.

https://www.threads.net/@bbaby41/post/CwirknUv_jj/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

This sets the safeties pretty clearly at Hill, Scott, Battle, and Andersen. Contrary to pre-camp expectations, I have a feeling Tycen is going to open the season as the first guy off the bench. Battle will probably get there sooner than later since he's a smart player, but he needs work.