2023 Final Roster Cutdown Thread

HoosierCat

I see it differently Stripes - some players need a few years to come into their own.  I think Adeniji is basically right at that point.

Meanwhile, we kept Cartman, who has no interest in coming into anything except fift......well, ok, yeah, I wont finish that to keep this family friendly

btw, what does Jobu need to heal up Burrows leg?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

F U C K ! !

Meanwhile, the Big Johnson (sometimes also known as Fred) earned himself a NFC Championship ring (if such a thing exists) and a multi-year contract extension with the Super Bowl runners-up

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/news/philadelphia-eagles-fred-johnson-signing-preseason-roster-cuts-depth-chart-o-line

this despite me being told in no uncertain terms that The Big Johnson sucked

Well good for Fred! But it’s just a 2-year deal for this season and 2024 for a total of $2.2 million. And it took four teams to get to that point, including Cincy. Don’t think I’d classify this as a miss by the Bengals.

Some PS moves yesterday:

The Bengals today made the following player moves:

Signed TE Zach Gentry and DE Garrett Nelson to the practice squad.

Gentry (6-8, 265), a fifth-year player out of the University of Michigan, originally was a fifth-round pick of Pittsburgh in 2019. He played in 40 regular-season games (26 starts) for the Steelers, catching 39 passes for 303 yards.

Nelson (6-4, 245), a rookie out of the University of Nebraska, was a college free agent signee of Miami this year. He spent the offseason and training camp with the Dolphins, and recorded five tackles with one sack in three preseason games.

Released LB Tyler Murray from the practice squad. Murray, a rookie out of the University of Memphis, originally signed with the Bengals as a college free agent in May.

The Bengals' practice squad currently is at the 16-player limit.