Fake Game 1: Packers @ Bengals

HoosierCat

Overstatement of the year.     IF Dax can show that kinda of range in the regular season.  IF he can convert some of the deflections into turnovers.   

You are looking at an Ed Reed type impact.   A safety simply being somewhere he shouldn't be.   Love made the right Read, good throw.    An A+ play from Dax would have been simply to keep that player out of the endzone.

Instead its incomplete.    Consistently making that play will force QBs to over analyze the location of Hill, IF he can replicate that play frequently.

• Thanks 1

The way I see it is the Bengals knew Bates' contract was going to be problematic for them to fit into the mix when looking at the team as a whole.  They took proactive steps to address that position in the draft when Hill fell to them.  They tagged Bates and gave Hill a year in the system to learn.  Then they let Bates walk in free agency, naming Hill as the starter.

Honestly, I have 100% faith in how they approached the situation and the decision to let Bates walk.
It's one small example of how the philosophy of this team has changed since Coach Taylor came on board.

• Like 1

Burrow, Chase, Higgins are going to get a shit ton of money soon.   The amount of line depth you need is directly related to the quality of skill talent you have.

If OL players 6-10 have to be starting quality for 17 games or the season is lost.   Then I think you should reevaluate the proposed extensions for your skill guys.

Of course this great debate happened in Sewell vs. Chase draft year.   There's just some people that think great QBing is only 5 first round All-PRO offensive linemen away.    Not the case.