Week 7: Falcons @ Bengals

HoosierCat

Losing Wilson is definitely a problem for a team already struggling to stop the run. I do believe in Pratt, ADG, Johnston, and Bailey enough though that I tend to focus my worries more on the interior defensive line. The rotation was already thin before Tupou got hurt. They really need to bring in a body alongside Tufele (and Tupou if he can go), because Shelvin isn't going to cut it.

All I can say is that I hope it's going to be ok at both the interior of the d-line and linebacker positions with these injuries.
They have either gone through their depth or never had any to start with.

Can't forget that Joe Bachie is still out after his ACL tear in December.
So Clay Johnston is it.  If you go to the practice squad, you have two UDFA guys in Keandre Jones and Tegray Scales.
Not sure I want to go to war with those guys, but if that's what we have, that's what we have.

Then there's the d-line.  As mentioned, Shelvin is still there, but we know how that story ends already.
Outside of him, there's the USFL standout (not sure that means much) Domenique Davis.
I don't think he's a nose tackle however, but after that, the cupboard is bare.

Anyone on the other teams' practice squads that interest you??
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-practice-squad-tracker-team-by-team-roster-signings-ahead-of-the-2022-season

15 hours ago, TJJackson said:

The Battle of Chase versus one of the other guys lots of people wanted us to draft instead of Chase

Pitts, Sewell and Slater have all done quite well since that draft day

Pitts has been  a massive disappointment this year. 

I put it in the other thread, but Burrow's start through 6 games is slightly better than last year. The appendix rupture screwed up the Steelers game for him and prob a few afterwards, but he's already on pace to match/exceed last year. 

Bengals have cut down on the negative plays.     I would still like to get through a game without giving up a sack.     Atlanta's defense gives up yards and doesn't pressure the QB.   I hope this is a game the Bengals can get out early on offense and put pressure on the Atlanta Offensive to do things they aren't great at.

I continue to worry over the snapcounts for the DLineman

The starters should get getting no more than about 70% to keep them fresh but injuries aside they are getting over 90% of the snaps

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/10/17/23408777/bengals-saints-nfl-week-6-snap-counts-logan-wilson-injury-josh-tupou-injury

Ossai in particular should be eating up a lot of DE snaps but is getting relatively few snaps and those that he is getting tend to be inside, where he is not nearly as good

I figure that they will be bringing up 326lb NT Domenique Davis from the PS this week.  Please, no more Shelvin the Blimp.

Zach Carter needs to pick up 5-10 15-20 pounds of pure muscle in the offseason.....he gets pushed around too much at 290

5 hours ago, membengal said:

Pitts has been  a massive disappointment this year. 

Losing Matt Ryan and replacing him with Mariota didn't help him I don't think, but while his yardage is down, his YPC is only a couple yards less.
He's been targeted 13 times this season with 169 yards and a TD.
Last year through 6 games with Ryan he was targeted 23 times for 365 yards and no TD's.

I honestly didn't realize Pitts only had a single TD last season.  His yardage was through the roof, topping 1000 for the season.