AFC Championship Weekend: Bengals @ Chiefs

HoosierCat

2 hours ago, cincyhokie said:

We’re going to win this game. The defense will be the difference. 2 INTs.

The misconception here in this game is comparing the last few games looking at the Chiefs playing the Bills and Steelers and what they did to those defenses. Yes, the Bills have the better statistical defense and the better D line. But the Bengals have a good D line but a BETTER and faster secondary than the Bills. The Bengals won’t stop the Chiefs completely but their defense will be the difference as they will make more stops and key plays than the Chiefs defense. This will be the difference in the game. The easy and lazy way to break this game down is to look at the Bengals last 2 wins vs. the Chiefs last 2 wins. This is an error. The Bengals have the edge. This is a matchup question. Not statistical. And that’s why the Bengals win.

• Thanks 1

Absolutely agree on the defensive side. The Bills had a great defense this season and dominated statistically, but anyone can use their eyeballs and see that their defense played a terrible game in Kansas City Sunday night. However good they're supposed to be, they played bad football. I think the Bengals will play better defense than that, even if only by base probability. Even more though, the entire Bengals secondary is very well suited to what the Chiefs bring to the table. Bates is suddenly himself again, and the other four (i.e. Awuzie, Apple, Hilton, and Bell) have been nothing but excellent the vast majority of the season. I think the Bengals secondary is more likely to slow down Hill-Kelce-Hardman-Pringle than the Chiefs secondary is to slow down Chase-Higgins-Boyd-Uzomah.