Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HoosierCat

Round 2 Pick: Jackson Carman, OT, Clemson

Recommended Posts

My favorite round 3 pick would be Wyatt Davis or Creed Humphrey if a tackle is taken in rd. 2 or Spencer Brown or Jackson Carman if a G/C is taken in rd. 2, that would make my draft.  Whichever guy they take in the second I am comfortable with my preference would be:

Jenkins

Dickerson

Radunz

Cosmi

Eichenberg

Little 

Humphrey

in that order. If you are picking the best fit for the team barring injury after Jenkins it's Dickerson by a mile.  Sure it is an injury risk but I would be willing to gamble for a kid of his caliber and talent, I think Pollack will be too.  Dickerson would have been long gone by the start of rd. 2 maybe even ahead of Vera-Tucker if not for the injury concern...getting a guy like that at #38 to me is an acceptable risk.  Ultimately, if Jenkins is gone the Bengals may decide to trade down because of the glut of talent available, probably the best decision though the fan in me is too anxious.  I would be happy with any of the guys listed BTW at #38.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bengals won’t pay Dickerson even IF they are right after his rookie deal.  There’s a strong possibility he isn’t insta starter this year.

Great player too much risk given they aren’t willing to pay top tier IOL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wraith said:

My favorite round 3 pick would be Wyatt Davis or Creed Humphrey if a tackle is taken in rd. 2 or Spencer Brown or Jackson Carman if a G/C is taken in rd. 2, that would make my draft.  Whichever guy they take in the second I am comfortable with my preference would be:

Jenkins

Dickerson

Radunz

Cosmi

Eichenberg

Little 

Humphrey

in that order. If you are picking the best fit for the team barring injury after Jenkins it's Dickerson by a mile.  Sure it is an injury risk but I would be willing to gamble for a kid of his caliber and talent, I think Pollack will be too.  Dickerson would have been long gone by the start of rd. 2 maybe even ahead of Vera-Tucker if not for the injury concern...getting a guy like that at #38 to me is an acceptable risk.  Ultimately, if Jenkins is gone the Bengals may decide to trade down because of the glut of talent available, probably the best decision though the fan in me is too anxious.  I would be happy with any of the guys listed BTW at #38.

no love for Meinerz?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Option C, please

but the Superbowl?  Lets, uhh, not even think about that just yet :-)  

Playoffs first in this division otherwise full of 2020 playoff teams

E0Pr136XIAIH7Rk?format=jpg&name=medium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, princeton said:

fearless prediction: Steelers (or Ravens) trade up to take OL with the pick before ours

Hate the Steelers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Option C, please

but the Superbowl?  Lets, uhh, not even think about that just yet :-)  

Playoffs first in this division otherwise full of 2020 playoff teams

E0Pr136XIAIH7Rk?format=jpg&name=medium

Hahaha Awesome!  They must draft O Line !  No more magic Margus or TheBest Sample Samples!!  I’m tempted to get Elijah Moore or Marshall JR but this isn’t Tecmo Bowl ..... yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

imo, they have to come away with their starting ORG with this pick, optimally a player who can handle ORG this year and ORT after that

to me, it is a MUST

a MUST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

imo, they have to come away with their starting ORG with this pick, optimally a player who can handle ORG this year and ORT after that

to me, it is a MUST

a MUST

I like Meinertz and the group we are talking about on here.  I think it Is important to go OG/OT in the 2nd just because of struggles with talent and Injury.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not be surprised if they went defense. They have holes on the edge and interior DL and there are a couple guys who could be there at 38. It’s not a slam dunk but you have to have the conversation.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if they traded back.

But I expect them to stick and take OL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

I would not be surprised if they went defense. They have holes on the edge and interior DL and there are a couple guys who could be there at 38. It’s not a slam dunk but you have to have the conversation.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if they traded back.

But I expect them to stick and take OL.

They went very heavy Linebacker last year so this may be the year of the Offensive LINE.... or of the Receiver.... or of the Defensive Line.... my guess 1 of those groups gets the most picks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Throw in a kicker and I think you’ve about got the rest of the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

I would not be surprised if they went defense. They have holes on the edge and interior DL and there are a couple guys who could be there at 38. It’s not a slam dunk but you have to have the conversation.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if they traded back.

But I expect them to stick and take OL.

This could be the best bengals draft in 15 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

No real surprise here.

 

It would be worth it provided JAX doesn't take Jenkins to just make sure you get your guy rest of the draft be damned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t really see them jumping up since it never sounded like they were in love with any particular players, at least on the OL. But yeah if they DO think one guy in particular is *the* guy, by all means go ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HoosierCat said:

Ok

 

I’ll take that. Good lord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kingwilly said:

I’ll take that. Good lord

Yup, same.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HoosierCat said:

 

Better be a trade down or third round.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×