Final Roster Discussion

skyline

20 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

LaFell, Iloka, MJ, and Hewitt all gone for younger players ?? Where did this come from ?? I have to admit that I love it. For too long we’ve sat and watched talented young guys sit on the sidelines or not be active on game days. It appears that has changed this year with a bunch of new coaches.

Makes me happy !!!

I just need a decent OL pickup, a safety, and a CB signed..

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

Christian Hackenberg to the practice squad. Really ?? I didn’t know he was still in the league.

Have I just lost it or what?  No trades for the offensive line, no vet signing and no waiver pick up but take a flier on this reclamation project at QB.  God Barkley was bad enough... does anyone see the plan for the o-line?  What’s all this cap money freed up for? The bengals have not done anything logical with their lineman on O since 2015.

Who knows ?? But they did trade for a better than average LT and then drafted a Center in the first round. They were set at LG and many of us thought that RG shouldn’t be an issue, which left RT to work through.

Could they do more ?? I think so, but I’m not sure what that looks like. Do any of these guys look better than what they have ??  Do any of these guys fit Pollack’s scheme ??

I was watching what Dallas cast aside from their o-line since they would at least be familiar, but there’s been nothing of consequence there either.

4 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Who knows ?? But they did trade for a better than average LT and then drafted a Center in the first round. They were set at LG and many of us thought that RG shouldn’t be an issue, which left RT to work through.

Could they do more ?? I think so, but I’m not sure what that looks like. Do any of these guys look better than what they have ??  Do any of these guys fit Pollack’s scheme ??

I was watching what Dallas cast aside from their o-line since they would at least be familiar, but there’s been nothing of consequence there either.

It’s a sad day if there isn’t 1 guy out there in the NFL who can’t outplay Bobby Hart or Ogbuehi.  Could they coax Dave Lapham out of the booth?

9 hours ago, GapControl said:

Have I just lost it or what?  No trades for the offensive line, no vet signing and no waiver pick up but take a flier on this reclamation project at QB.  God Barkley was bad enough... does anyone see the plan for the o-line?  What’s all this cap money freed up for? The bengals have not done anything logical with their lineman on O since 2015.

It seems a medical marijuana epidemic has taken over the front office. You have to be extremely high to sign this dude.

• Haha 2

Look, there is really no offensive line help out there. There are a LOT of teams at least as needy as the Bengals or even moreso on line. There is precious little ready help coming from college nowadays. The Bengals managed to grab one of those in Price. As for Fisher and Ogbuehi, as god is my witness, if the Bengals had cut either or both of them, they would have been snatched up immediately by other teams. They are not great, but I think they are okay as back-ups. Hell, even Bodine has a job, and may even still be starting in this league. Line play is terrible. 

20 hours ago, GapControl said:

It’s a sad day if there isn’t 1 guy out there in the NFL who can’t outplay Bobby Hart or Ogbuehi.  Could they coax Dave Lapham out of the booth?

A couple years now many experts have lamented on the NFL tackle drought.

Many busts.  A couple very weak drafts the past two years also.

Idiots letting Whit waltz into Free Agency.  In return they get a 5th round comp pick. Dumbfucks 

Sad day. 

36 minutes ago, membengal said:

Look, there is really no offensive line help out there. There are a LOT of teams at least as needy as the Bengals or even moreso on line. There is precious little ready help coming from college nowadays. The Bengals managed to grab one of those in Price. As for Fisher and Ogbuehi, as god is my witness, if the Bengals had cut either or both of them, they would have been snatched up immediately by other teams. They are not great, but I think they are okay as back-ups. Hell, even Bodine has a job, and may even still be starting in this league. Line play is terrible. 

I agree with this.  Even with the philosophy of devoting high draft picks to the o-line, there's no guarantees.
The Bengals aren't the only ones in this boat.  Most o-linemen are going to get at least one more shot regardless of how crappy they are.
There are different schemes and talent to place around them that could see their production improve.

I think I made a comment about Marshall Newhouse not long ago.  Yeah, him....

• 2 weeks later...

Just read that the Bengals worked out like 9 free agent players today.  

Notable - one of the free agents was former steeler and cheap shot aficionado Mike Mitchell.  I’m taking suggestions for a very high bridge from which I can jump, should the Bengals sign this washed-up never was.

According to Lap on one of the weekly Bengal shows,  last week. Fisher is a shell of his former self.  

Said he had a horrible TC with complete Wiffs in pass pro and running game.   

I’m not sure that guy can play right now.  Basically they are stashing him, hoping he comes around. 

Joe Walter was shocked to hear it and said he’s in contact with Fisher because of the similar ailment of the heart or something. 

Well, they will have some real decisions to make with the o-line by the 2019 season.

Ogbuehi, Fisher, and Hart will be UFA's.  Redmond, and Hopkins will be exclusive rights free agents.
Fast forward another season and you can add Boling and Westerman to the UFA list.
They better figure it out because 2021 brings a bunch of high price contracts coming due, to include Glenn.

21 hours ago, skyline said:

I think the guys they are looking at are injury insurance players who they want to be aware 

and get ready to sign 'em when the medical finally states ......."oh, by the way, Price, Mixon, Johnson, Bernard are all done for the season. And Eifert due back in to see us next week too"

On 9/20/2018 at 12:00 PM, Scottishbengal said:

and get ready to sign 'em when the medical finally states ......."oh, by the way, Price, Mixon, Johnson, Bernard are all done for the season. And Eifert due back in to see us next week too"

Must be especially hard on you, Scottishbengal, to see that our Ryan Glasgow is out for the season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...