But Seriously Folks (Not Quoting Joe Walsh album)

gregcook68

3 minutes ago, gregcook68 said:

You're saying this play, away from the ball, with the offensive player is not only legal, but taught??

I've seen plenty of unnecessary roughness penalties called for that head shot or not!

The play could have been going to William but Burfict made him unavailable. Was it a run the other way, the video does not show. if so, then its unnecessary. If he had simply shoved him down, same effect, out of play, disrupted route, would that have better met your sensitivities?

I teach our LBs to knock down any crossing route, in their area, RB coming out of backfield or TE releasing off the line. Not tackling, knocking down. not hitting in the head, knocking down, body to body. blast the guy. make them think twice about coming back to your zone. set a tone.

The play with Burfict, he does just that. Now, Williams head does snap back pretty hard but that's merely the secondary effect. I have no problem with Burficts hit or teaching this technique tocthe 11-13 yr old players I .

1 hour ago, kingwilly said:

sorry, that's not a cheap shot, that is pee-wee level LB instruction. if a TE comes across your zone, within 5 yards of the line, you flatten him. Is it brutal? yes. Football is brutal. a TE going untouched across the middle, who then catches a TD, we'd all be saying Burfuct sucks. I won't pile on Burfict and go looking under every stone for all the times his play gets close to the line of dirty. it goes over from time to time, i readily admit but this is not a dirty play. it's a rookie TE getting flattened trying to get through Burfict's zone and not realizing he's not playing Wisconsin.

i teach the same thing. no one leaves your zone standing up. now, did he go head to head, that can be debated/penalized. was it flagged at the time, not that i recall. its a clean play, unless it was hat on hat.

Agreed. We got hosed for sure there.

joey Porter is a dumb thug. he will get his. his 15 watt brain can't handle normal civilized society and behavior.

but Burfict is the bad guy.......right.......

yet, he's their hero! tells you all you need to know about the Steelers, really.

1 hour ago, kingwilly said:

The play could have been going to William but Burfict made him unavailable. Was it a run the other way, the video does not show. if so, then its unnecessary. If he had simply shoved him down, same effect, out of play, disrupted route, would that have better met your sensitivities?

I teach our LBs to knock down any crossing route, in their area, RB coming out of backfield or TE releasing off the line. Not tackling, knocking down. not hitting in the head, knocking down, body to body. blast the guy. make them think twice about coming back to your zone. set a tone.

The play with Burfict, he does just that. Now, Williams head does snap back pretty hard but that's merely the secondary effect. I have no problem with Burficts hit or teaching this technique tocthe 11-13 yr old players I .

If there is a ball coming it's pass interference, if not you say its unnecessary roughness. Like this penalty Lewis got, even though the ball was thrown to Johnson.

https://youtu.be/UFuoY0Tw-VI

Like I said in another thread, the rules have changed, but the mentality is the same. Tatum was known as the Assassin. A lot of those hits are illegal today, and most players, back then, didn't think it was dirty, just good football. I think Burfict is cut from the same mold as all 3 of these guys....but it is what it is today with the rules, and he has to learn to play within the rules whether he likes or agrees.

https://youtu.be/uVsCwMlUuCM

https://youtu.be/0nmgR-7lPdM

https://youtu.be/EWLjI8j0sB8

So, today's highlights include:

• Marvin, in his season-ending presser, backing his players to the hilt.
  • Pacman going on Dan Patrick's show and saying Antonio Brown was flopping and that he winked at him going off the field
  • Paul Guenther calling out Joey Porter as a disgrace. Said he talked to him before the game about not trash talking Bengals players.
  • David DeCastro claiming Burfict spit on him.
  • Jason Whitlock writing a column saying now all the white owners will fire all the black coaches.

My gawd this is going to be a long offseason.

4 hours ago, gregcook68 said:

If there is a ball coming it's pass interference, if not you say its unnecessary roughness. Like this penalty Lewis got, even though the ball was thrown to Johnson.

https://youtu.be/UFuoY0Tw-VI

Like I said in another thread, the rules have changed, but the mentality is the same. Tatum was known as the Assassin. A lot of those hits are illegal today, and most players, back then, didn't think it was dirty, just good football. I think Burfict is cut from the same mold as all 3 of these guys....but it is what it is today with the rules, and he has to learn to play within the rules whether he likes or agrees.

https://youtu.be/uVsCwMlUuCM

https://youtu.be/0nmgR-7lPdM

https://youtu.be/EWLjI8j0sB8

If the ball was coming, the play would look quite different. he hits him before ball arrives, then one could argue defenseless receiver. but if ball is on a slant to a WR and Burfict is blowing up a pick play, then its nothing. he got his arms up/out an didnt' target his head so to me its clean. the severity of William being rocked is what catches folks attention, obviously he wasn't expecting to be decked which make the play look worse than it is, IMHO.

The play on AB, Burfict clearly should have turned his back to AB, turned head away to minimize what impact was about to occur, then, maybe its a no call. since the ball was not cauchgt and clearly past the player, one could argue unnecessaryy/defenseless. but its close, and unfortunate.

• Like 1

Sorry, but glad Burfict got tagged.  He won't be the only one though and will be reduced.

When this organization stops pointing fingers and starts looking in the mirror, things might change.
Little to no talk about how they thoroughly fucked that game up for themselves.

Keep pointing fingers Bengals.

Just saw where 4 Bengals fans were arraigned today.  One guy was arrested for pissing on another guy and punching him in the face.
He was probably one of the fucking idiots throwing bottles onto the field and at Ben being carted off the field.
An equal disgrace to this team's ending to the season.

I really hate most things surrounding this team and it's fans at this point.
Hope it gets better soon.

Taking it a step further, i'm rooting for the Cardinals to win it all.
Might even sport an old Palmer USC jersey.

22 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

The Voluntarily Not Showing Up For Worker...

Took me a few seconds, but I figured it out.  Count me in the rooting for AZ group, would love to see Palmer win, even win it all.  But since I was rooting for Cinci, Minnesota, Houston, and Washington this past weekend, Arizona might be in for a long night.

55 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

The Voluntarily Not Showing Up For Worker doesn't stand a chance against the Marvin Lewis curse.

It claimed Lewis again.

It claimed Zimmer and Gruden.

It claimed Fitzpatrick against Buffalo.

Arizona is doomed.

The curse would then have to extend to the Steelers due to James Harrison playing in Cincinnati in 2013, right?

26 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

The curse would then have to extend to the Steelers due to James Harrison playing in Cincinnati in 2013, right?

there is no such a Curse, Corey Dillon. He was at Bengals at 2003 with Marvin Lewis and he win Superbowl with Patriots.

On 11/01/2016, 01:30:54, volcom69 said:

Oh what could of been, is all were left saying after last night.

I was saying that after the Houston game, if we would have won THAT game then we wouldn't even have been in the wildcard round 

To me its pretty clear. The nfl allows some franchises to get away with anything. While punishing others. Just a discrace. It's been going on for years see the pats and steelers. Ben cries foul. Burfict is fined. Mccarron gets hit while sliding a couple times. Not even a warning. Just has me to the point of thinking. Why watch this crap?  Because you know. the league will do their best. To get their desired results. 

• Like 1