Bengals @ Cardinals Pregame Chatter/Game Thread

HoosierCat

I was pretty pissed after the Houston game but folk said, "it's only 1 game", "we don't lose 2 in a row", "division is still ours" etc etc ... maybe a bit early for panic mode to set in, but definitely some cause for concern

Note to self: stop wasting days annual leave on staying up and watching these late night/early morning games ...not fucking worth it !!!

• Like 1

Just now, StripesInSuffolk said:

I know it's frustrating to lose, but I think we have to ask ourselves if we learned anything about this team tonight that we didn't know already.

The offensive line is thoroughly overrated, as I think we've all observed for most of the year.

Agreed there.  They'd better start gameplanning for Denver and figure it out.  If they can, they can win that game.  If they can't they'll be a #3 seed playing the Steelers in the first round of the playoffs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StripesInSuffolk said:

He definitely stepped out of bounds.

runner with ball who jump and obviously is out of bound before enter touchdown zone, but did hit pylon before hit the ground at out of bound is consider a touchdown,

dont that should apply to what happen to AJ Green, he was inside with both feet before out of bound because his one feet is inside TD zone and other feet was on pylon which is consider part of Touchdown zone based on that rule

killing ourselves with penalties 

It's an interesting problem.  If this season is defined simply by "win a freaking playoff game you jerks", then the #3 seed and a meeting with Buffalo/New York/Oakland/Kansas City doesn't sound so bad.

If it's "you're in contention for a Super Bowl appearance, quit screwing around", then invest all that emotion in the race for the bye.

Maybe. OTOH a bit better throw and Green has the TD. The offense last night looked better than last week, but it was still out of sync and two scoring drives only came with the help of defensive holding calls. (And yeah, the refs were horrible all around.) To me it all starts up front. The oline is finally getting exposed. They're just not that good, despite their coach's golden god status in the press. It's too bad they completely ignored the oline in last April's draf...oh, wait. Well, I guess I can understand that since neither one is a center who doesn't get shoved back into his QB several times a game...

Meanwhile the D is taking a familiar turn. The vaunted front four can't get pressure on their own and Guenther doesn't dare send much extra help because injuries in the secondary mean he needs all the hands he can get downfield. So opposing QBs face only occasional pressure. Looks like Dennard is going to be out for the rest of the season, Kirkpatrick is boom or bust from play to play, Pacman is beat up and Hall is old. None of that is going to change soon.

The good news is that this was probably the toughest game left on their schedule and with Flacco getting ACL'd and time finally catching up to Peyton Manning, the only really good QB our secondary will have to face is Bennifer.

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

Part of the problem with the blitz is our RBs. Hill isn't good at picking up the blitz (frankly he's not good at anything this year) and while Gio is better, he's usually at a big size disadvantage.

I thought Hill played vet very well last year. But the HYPE machine called him better than Corey Dillon and I'm sorry but that makes me laugh so hard I wet myself.  Hate him or love him CD on the Steelers or Cowboys and he'd have a bust in Canton right now.  Corey's worst year (after becoming HB#1) came when his damn leg basically fell off and I still think he broke 700 yards.  Get the time machine and put him on this team and we are undefeated coming off a 10 point win in Arizona.

8 hours ago, StripesInSuffolk said:

I know it's frustrating to lose, but I think we have to ask ourselves if we learned anything about this team tonight that we didn't know already.

The offensive line is thoroughly overrated, as I think we've all observed for most of the year.

I said it before. Boling is below average. He's smart but he can't help Bodine all the time (who is a 2nd tier or worse talent).  Don't know why we resigned him. 

And to add, Zeitler is pretty good but he can't account for Bodine and Bolings weaknesses.  Whit losing weight has helped him and he's impressed this year.  But the scout report on him is clear.  He's a near all-pro level guard playing left tackle.  He's beat by speed rushers too often and he either swings back at the last moment to redirect them or whiffs, making the HB/FB pick them up to prevent catastrophe or Dalton to escape the pocket.  It's damn obvious.

2 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

The good news is that this was probably the toughest game left on their schedule and with Flacco getting ACL'd and time finally catching up to Peyton Manning, the only really good QB our secondary will have to face is Bennifer.

I think the game in Cleveland will be tougher than we think.